PDA

View Full Version : results from my cam/piston

PHIL_B54
09-21-2003, 09:43 AM
before i put in my cam/piston i did some timed drags on a dirts road to see what improvement it gave me. i used my truck to measure off a 10th of a mile on a flat dirt road. i used the same spot both times. i used my 14th front sprocket, and i believe i had roughly the same ammount of fuel in the quad both times.

my time dropped by an average of .94 sec and my best time improved by 1.15 sec. my worst time with the cam/piston was still better than my best time without by .23 sec. im impressed.

the only other variables that need to be considered it that it was about 10-15 degrees cooler the second time, and the dirt road was better packed the second time. the temp would have helped, but i was pulling the front end up alot more between the packed road and improved power, so im going to say it was mostly evened out. and i added my nerfs so i guess there is some extra weight

the cam has slightly more lift than a stage1 hotcam, and a couple more degrees duration than the stage 2 hotcam. it was explained to me as a stage 1.5 bmw500hp hooked me up with the guy.

i just wanted to share my results with a high-comp. stk bore piston and cam.