PDA

View Full Version : should i sell all my stuff to get a R?

Martin Blair
09-21-2003, 12:06 AM
Well my dad is goign to be changing jobs after the end of the year, we will be selling the boat and i think i am goign to be able to work out a deal with my parents to get a 250r for x-mas/ me paying for half.

But I would ahve to sell everything beside the 400 which i would keep as is for a trail bike and run the 250r as a race bike, but i would ahve to sell my paintball stuff, r/c car, and spend all my saving to get arround 1500 i figure that a R in good condition with no of few mods should be 3000-3500 It would be a 88' its my dream bike i was born in 88 so to have one i think would be cool.

If i can work a deal out i think i should go for it, throw 1500 into the suspension, all i need for just my xc racing in 250 2 stroke is a LRD pipe,k&n and some boysen reeds a new cage i think ot would be pretty fast faster then what i ahve then work on supension and motor next year, what you all think?

or spend the money on the 400?

310Rduner
09-21-2003, 01:50 AM
I would say yes, but so long as you know that once you get it, you wont fill that itch you get to modify it to all hell until you replace everything. ( dont worry, this is a good thing:D)

i would hop on it, but i would spend that 1500 on fixing critical key things on it. Soon as you buy it, i would tear apart the tranny looking for anything funny. That way, you take carey of any problems head on, and than after that you can concentrate on putting any money you make into modding it. I have kinda done the same thing, i bought mine when it already had a lot of work done to the motor, and spent some money replacing the tranny as i have needed to, but i have sort of waited till things have caused a problem for me to notice it. But, now that I'm a week or two away from finally having a job, its time to mod the chassis to all hell.:blah:

Or, if you feel comfortable with its condition, buy some chassis and small mods, but keep like 500 for emergency repairs, until you have money to go through the whole bike.

RuffRyder400ex
09-21-2003, 07:18 AM
go for the r.