PDA

View Full Version : wont run in high rpms???

kxrider
09-20-2003, 12:27 PM
man im tryin to sell my kx so i crank it up and i go ti ride it down the road and it starts to pull lik when the power band kicks in then it just bogs down, even if i just pinn it in 1st and hold it is will not climb, i put a new plug, clean filter, checkd gas, took carb apart and cleaned it, i check the reeds, checked the powervalve, do you think i could have blown a head gasket, cause it also leaks antifreeze out the radiatior when i crank it

redrider69
09-20-2003, 09:08 PM
i have no u have named all tha stuff i woulda checked but i was wondering how much u were gonna ask for the kx when u fix it?

RideRed400StYlE
09-20-2003, 10:33 PM
check your main jet and make sure it doesnt have anything blocking it. sounds like its starving for fuel. also sounds like your top end may be going. my buddies kx80 did the same thing right before it let loose. You would probably know if you had a blown head gasket because if it ran at all with the blown head gasket being liquid cooled you would either see alot of white smoke coming from your exhaust, or you would see the coolant seeping out around your cylinder at the gasket. check your oil if it is milky then the coolant probably contaminated it and you can very likely have a blown gasket. but it really sounds more like a jetting problem or a blocked jet. Just my .02

kaneman23
09-22-2003, 10:44 AM
Check the mainjet for any blockage and also the slide. I had a similar problem on my 400EX. I lost the 2 screws that hold the foot plate onto the slide.

TJ400EX
09-22-2003, 10:52 AM
My nephew's KX100 did the same thing. Ended up being a bad crank bearing. They say the Kaw's are hard on them. Don't know that's it, but doen't cost much to post! I hope I'm wrong. Good luck.

Tim