PDA

View Full Version : stolen quad in arizona

Pappy
09-19-2003, 07:40 PM
Well here is the story folks. The quad was up for Sale and this guy calls and wants some info so I give to him. Then he said he is calling on others and will call later so I'm like ok,no big deal well he calls back and said he wants to check it out in a hour or so, so whats my address I'm like just call before yoor heading this way he said ok. Well like 15-20 minutes later he said he was heading this way so I gave my address he said he would be here at appx 6:30 so I wait and nothing so I put it back away at 7:00.I wanted to take out and dust off and start been sitting a while. Here is the lockdown 2 locks on gate-2 locks on shed-4 more locks & cables on quad in the shed plus it is wired to house alarm and I'm almost always home, (work out of house). Well low and behold he shows up at appx 7:20-7:30 so I meet him on side of house and grab some keys to unlock gate, shed so he is checking it out and I'm like if your really serious I will take it out, he said no I'm serious lets take her out and start her up. So anyway we do that and he wants to ride so I'm like just go to the end of street mello and then turn around and come back kinda of quick. I thought his truck was here and I have sold all kinds of things before no problem. Well he started off faster than I said, so I'm like what the f*ck and then he flys around corner instead of turn around. I'm freaking out right about now but still think truck is here and just going around block well I don't hear it now and I'm freaked so jump in truck and pull it to street and try to hear it nothing. So I call 911 and then I go to truck to see if I see anything that says his name on it nothing. I can't believe what has just happened. So the cops get there pretty quick 10 minutes after call but to late and the truck out front was Stolen from mall a few miles away, thats more than likely why he was late (not even reported stolen yet). He or they drive it around corner, (few streets or blocks away) and load up in a truck or van 2-3 minutes and they are gone. And no insurance it was Fort Knox safe until you hand someone the key basically. I feel really stupid and hindsight always kick your *****, but I am telling this whole story so others will have a heads up. Get ID, truck keys, all money up front. He was a white guy about 5'10" - 5' 11" and said he was from Wyoming kinda of dorky looking and skinny. So keep your heads up for scam. So please pass the word I want this SOB bad and there is a REWARD for the 2002 Banshee as well as his head! He said his name was Eric (yea right) for general info and for the record.

Please read

THIS QUAD WAS STOLEN 9/18/03 at 7:30pm in Arizona if you see it there is a reward on it!! Call me or the Police with any information my ph# 602-448-4478 the area 75th and Thunderbird.

Complete info below vin# is JY43GG0332C036017

All info and pics go here > http://members.cox.net/shee4sale/index.htm

Pappy
01-23-2004, 10:42 PM
Stolen quad has been found
Pappy

Can you update for me!
Well the quad has been found, (( COOL )) but it has had a very rough four months. Those rat ******** have no respect at all for nice stuff. Well there is at LEAST three thousand dollars in missing parts and repairs needed. But hey I will be the first to say something is better than nothing.

I doubt most anyone (90% or so) looking for the quad would have been able to recognized the way it looked. Well the only thing I know is three Mexican nationals were stopped with it and of course it was a friend of a friend BS story. It doesn't matter that much anyway, I guess the main thief is still behind bars and will be there quite a while. He has not gone to trail for the thefts yet and hence has not been sentenced yet but he will do time....

Well I not going to go into any more detail about it right now and I won't be doing much in the way of replies or question answering, I am ready to move on and I'm sure most of you are sick of hearing about it anyway. So I would like to say Thank-You to all that helped and have a great day or night depending on when read..

THX AGAIN
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pappy
01-23-2004, 10:43 PM
glad to see that it was recovered...and glad i could help ya post it:)

01-24-2004, 07:24 AM
Do you have a split personality?? lol. i am confused, who are you posting all this for? I thought it was one of your quads and i was wondering why you were posting so late.. hmm.. :huh :confused:

Pappy
01-24-2004, 07:27 AM
im sorry, it confused me also. i took the info from a member hear and posted it from a pm.

greghall
01-24-2004, 07:44 AM
They do this kind of stuff around baltimore all the time I will not let anybody ride a quad im going to sell I heard of this type of theft 2 times aready they call act interested then take off with it on a test ride,theives need to die I had $12,000 worth of XC 400EX stolen & brand new one day old KTM200EXC bought the day before from ridersville cycle stolen dint even get to ride it ,home owners would not cover it ,GET INSURENCE!!! I learn my lesson im very parenoid about bike security now..

greghall
01-24-2004, 07:45 AM
By the way its been 2 years & no bikes recovered.

01-24-2004, 09:31 AM
that why i keeped mine locked up and haave thefth insurance...if mines stolen i get cash or a new one..sweet deal so you guys should check it out

greghall
01-24-2004, 09:52 AM
My new 450R will have insurence on it before I bring it home !

Ohio R
01-24-2004, 09:17 PM
I have theft insurance AND I have a baby monitor hidden in my garage. With battery backup.. The reciever is right by mine and my Rottys head.. I can hear mosquitos in the summer time. If someone did try to break in my rotty would be on them before they turned around..:devil:

cool 300ex
01-24-2004, 09:48 PM
Yea i rmeber seeing this posted a long time ago well not a long time ago but a pretty long time ago. I seem this posted on like ever site there is. I am glad he got it back now i hope he can get the parts he had on it again. Is he going to put it up forsale again or what?

lol
01-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by bobby88
Do you have a split personality?? lol. i am confused, who are you posting all this for? I thought it was one of your quads and i was wondering why you were posting so late.. hmm.. :huh :confused:

i was thinking that tooo

F-16Guy
01-24-2004, 10:41 PM
Insurance is a must. I had my brand new '97 CR250 stolen only three days after I got insurance on it. I was reimbursed for the balance of the loan ($5300). I have insurance on both my 400s now, and both bikes and full coverage on my truck is only $134/mo.