PDA

View Full Version : 400ex front end

RH1N08d9
09-19-2003, 06:39 PM
I just got my new used 400ex, and I noticed that when the handlebars are turned all of the way to one side, the tire in the direction the bars are pointed seems to turn more than the other. Is this normal. Also when I turn tight, it kinda feels like the front end is loosing traction while in the turn. Is this just because of the tread pattern on the tire? thanks!

Chef
09-19-2003, 06:56 PM
Yep. thats normal. It's call acrement. The inside of a circle is tighter than the outside, so the inside tire turns a little bit more to hold itself to the right arc.

Bill Fuller
09-19-2003, 07:06 PM
What Chef said is right.As far as the front end "pushing" what is the tread like on the front tires?Does it have new rear tires?If so than this will cause the front end to plow through corners rather than carve through the turns.You can flip the tires for a new "bite" but this envolves breaking the tires down and swapping sides.And I dont mean taking the left rim/tire and the right rim/tire and switching sides.

RH1N08d9
09-19-2003, 08:05 PM
The front tires have at least 75% tread left, the rear are about 50% gone, they are stock front and rear. I am gonna get some new tires before winter I think. Thanks!

Bill Fuller
09-20-2003, 06:46 AM
Get a full set or you will definatley notice.;)