PDA

View Full Version : What Tires Would You Create?

Monkey
09-19-2003, 01:41 PM
I have a question to all of you out there...

Let's say a company was going to start making ATV tires, how would you think they would best succeed? What type of tires would they need in order to gain your business?

This is your opportunity to create the perfect tire for all situations, let me know what you think...

For me, if a new company were to come out, they would need to create a tire that was very durable for rough woods and mountain trails. I would want one that would be able to handle sharp turns at high speeds, and also offer me plenty of traction for climbing over large objects without causing me to use too much engine.

What type of tires would you create if you could create the perfect tire? (also, what sizes are the most important as well). Open up and have fun with this...:rolleyes:

lil400exman
09-19-2003, 01:51 PM
hmm i would create a lug pattern like this

/\\\\|/////\
\////|\\\\\/
in my opion this has killer traction i would put razr lugs on it make it a 2 layer radial (thats equal to a 6 ply) and have them a little farther spaced apart with the name in there see with the hal-side way knobs will deliever good side traction while still giving good forward traction those v's are on the side to help rut riding...........good design eh? i will offer it a 20 inch a a 21.....

Out_Sider
09-19-2003, 02:11 PM
i would want them to make 19x6-10 MX fronts, and 18x10-8, 18x10-9 mx rears, and have 22x8-10 front 6 ply tires, and 20x12-8,9,10 rear 6ply XC tires

fasterz
09-19-2003, 02:44 PM
id liek an mx tire that hooked up like paddles on dirt but slid like a grooved tamer... some one need to do this lol... put un breakable paddles on a tire and then make it slide like freahly greesed axle into the axle carrier:D

JOEX
09-19-2003, 10:01 PM
I think it will be virtualy impossible to produce the "perfect" tire. You will sacrifice traction for longevity and vice versa. Unless there is a new technology around the corner.

If you are starting your own tire making business, I wish you the best of luck. Coming here and asking questions like this tells me that you have a very long way to go before you are able to produce anything.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, I just think you have alot of work to do before you're able to make a competitive business.

Joe

Monkey
09-19-2003, 10:20 PM
Well, I'm not the one starting up a company, I'm new to ATV's and was wondering what people looked for in the perfect tire, that's all. I know I worded it weird, but I really just want information, input. Besides, could you see anybody purchasing Monkey Tires? Wouldn't go over very well... LOL

JOEX
09-19-2003, 10:28 PM
LOL! If it was "Monkey Boy" tires it would be a different story!:devil:

Personally, I look for value. Razors and Holeshots seem to be at the top right now but there is a price to pay for them. Kenda Klaws have been reportedly a very good tire and priced a little more reasonable. If you're a hardcore racer you will have your preference but as a rec. rider I think the Kendas are the way to go for the price.

Joe

Ralph
09-20-2003, 10:05 AM
I would take the holeshot tire, change the design a lil and give em a diff name

Monkey
09-22-2003, 09:36 AM
Funny you mentioned Monkey boy, that used to be my nickname WAAAYY back in High School (I say that like I'm old or something...). But you pose an interesting point Joe... does price really make a difference when choosing ATV tires? I mean, I would prefer quality myself, but if the price is too much to pay, I guess I see your point. Any one else have any comments on this??

wilkin250r
09-22-2003, 10:00 AM
I think price is a huge factor. Let's say you could get something with the traction of a Holeshot, but it would last twice as long. Would you be willing to pay $175 per tire for it?

Turf Tamers are popular, not because they are the best, but because they work well enough, and you can get them very cheap.

There is no all-around design. You can't get something that is soft AND durable, you can't get a tread pattern that works will for flattrack AND sand. They are different worlds.

wilkin250r
09-22-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Monkey
Funny you mentioned Monkey boy, that used to be my nickname WAAAYY back in High School

It's obvious by your post count that you are new here, so I'll clue you in. One of our more infamous members is named Monkeyboy, everybody knows him. If you find a few of his posts, you'll realize why...

Chanman420q
09-22-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
It's obvious by your post count that you are new here, so I'll clue you in. One of our more infamous members is named Monkeyboy, everybody knows him. If you find a few of his posts, you'll realize why...

and ull realize hes anoughing and a waste of space

nuclearkielbasa
09-23-2003, 08:01 PM
I have a question to all of you out there...

Let's say a company was going to start making ATV tires, how would you think they would best succeed? What type of tires would they need in order to gain your business?

Well.... if they built a tire that held air for more than 3 days at a time while sitting in the garage...... that would be a dandy start, now, wouldn't it?

Juggalo
09-23-2003, 08:15 PM
i'd make a tire that had really hard flat about 1 inch wide spikes on it. it would go down the tire in a line. i dunno its kinda hard to explain but they would be for grass drags. i guess it would sorta be like a studded ice tire but for dirt. they would suck for any other kinda ridin tho but with those tires i would never have to worry about hookin up when i'm at the line against those cheaters on their 440s in the stock class.

bmw500hp
09-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Funny you mentioned Monkey boy, that used to be my nickname WAAAYY back in high school

lol, is that like in "spank the monkey" :eek:

XANDADA
09-24-2003, 07:05 AM
My dream tire charicteristics:
1) inexpensive price
2) Excellent performance in a variety of terrain (hard/soft pack, mud)
3) Excellent tread wear
4) Light weight
5) bullet proof

300expower
09-24-2003, 02:51 PM
the best tire would be a mix of all the good thing of each tire, i mean:

agressive like mxr ou sumthin like that,

unexpensive like turfs or klaws,

they dont wear too fast, like i dunno:blah:

they also need to be beautiful, like 18 inch tamers:devil:

and i would offer them in 18 20 and 22. depends of what riding the customer do.:macho