PDA

View Full Version : Women vs Men - changing oil in car/truck.

MOFO
09-19-2003, 12:04 PM
...this had me rollin on the ground, about 3/4 of this is true for me... :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oil Change

Oil Change Instructions For Women:

1) Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 3000 miles since the last oil change.
2) Drink a cup of coffee.
3) 15 minutes later write a check and leave with a properly maintained vehicle.

Money spent:
Oil Change $20.00
Coffee $1.00
Total $21.00

Oil Change Instructions For Men:

1) Wait until Saturday, drive to the auto parts store and buy a case of oil, filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner and a scent tree. write a cherub for $50.00.
2) Stop by the Beer Store and buy a case of beer, write a cherub for $20.00, drive home.
3) Open a beer and drink it.
4) Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.
5) Find jack stands under kid's pedal car.
6) In frustration, open another beer and drink it.
7) Place drain pan under engine.
8) Look for 9/16 box end wrench.
9) Give up and use a crescent wrench.
10) Unscrew the drain plug.
11) Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil: splash hot oil on face and arms in process. Cuss.
12) Crawl out from under car to wipe hot oil off of face and arms. Throw kitty litter on spilled oil.
13) Have another beer while watching oil drain.
14) Spend 30 minutes looking for oil filter wrench.
15) Give up; crawl under car and hammer a screwdriver through oil filter and twist off.
16) Crawl out from under car with dripping oil filter splashing oil everywhere from holes. Cleverly hide old oil filter among trash in trash can to avoid environmental penalties. Drink a beer.
17) Buddy shows up; finish case of beer with him. Decide to finish oil change tomorrow so you can go see his new garage door opener work.
18) Sunday: Skip church because "I gotta finish the oil change." Drag pan full of old oil out from underneath car. Cleverly dump oil in hole in backyard instead of taking it to recycle.
19) Throw kitty litter on oil spilled during step 18.
20) Beer. No, drank it all yesterday.
21) Walk to Beer Store; buy beer.
22) Install new oil filter making sure to apply a thin coat of oil to gasket surface.
23) Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine.
24) Remember drain plug from step 11.
25) Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan.
26) Remember that the used oil is buried in a hole in the back yard along with drain plug.
27) Drink beer.
28) Shovel out hole and sift oily mud for drain plug. Re-shovel oily patch of ground and avoid environmental penalties. Wash drain plug in lawn mower gas.
29) Discover that first quart of fresh oil is now on the floor. Throw kitty litter on oil spill.
30) Drink beer.
31) Crawl under car getting kitty litter into eyes. Wipe eyes with oily rag used to clean drain plug. Slip with stupid crescent wrench tightening drain plug and bang knuckles on frame.
32) Bang head on floorboards in reaction to step 31.
33) Begin cussing fit.
34) Throw stupid crescent wrench.
35) Cuss for additional 10 minutes because wrench hit Miss August (2002) in the left breast.
36) Beer.
37) Clean up hands/forehead and bandage as required to stop blood flow.
38) Beer.
39) Beer.
40) Dump in five fresh quarts of oil.
41) Beer.
42) Lower car from jack stands.
43) Accidentally crush the remaining case of new motor oil.
44) Move car back to apply more kitty litter to fresh oil spilled during steps 23-43.
45) Beer.
46) Test drive car.
47) Get pulled over: arrested for driving under the influence.
48) Car gets impounded.
49) Call loving wife, make bail.
50) 12 hours later, get car from impound yard.

Money spent:
Parts $50.00
DUI $2,500.00
Impound fee $75.00
Bail $1,500.00
Beer $40.00
Total $4,165.00

...but you know the job was done right

Doibugu2
09-19-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by MOFO

...but you know the job was done right

Damn skippy.

Last time I changed my oil, a piece of the oil filter gasket came off the old filter and I didn't catch it. So when I started the car, almost all the oil came out all over the driveway. Also, I somehow screwed up the threads on the drain bolt, so I didn't fix that for about a week. So two more quarts on the ground.

Then I went to go change the oil in the quad. Thought I had enough room in the oil pan to hold the quad oil. Nope, that overflowed. Then spilled more of the oil in the pan because it was so full.

But I didn't crush the case of oil I bought. I also sealed the driveway with the remaining oil I spilled all over.

300exOH
09-19-2003, 12:12 PM
So true. Just bought an oil filter and oil today. I knew I forgot something... the BEER! LOL

Tommy 17
09-19-2003, 12:14 PM
now thats funny... lmfao...

lil400exman
09-19-2003, 12:16 PM
lol at uhh jiffy lube some dude was going to change the oil in my brother in laws rx-7. I was riving it and i thought i wold be nice and get the oil changed for him so i pull up and the dude takes the car i said when u let the cltuch out u gotta rev it a bit so they guy gets in totally revs the engine then dumps the cltuch barks the tires and flies onto the ramp and then they told me i was a 1/2 a quart low. I said yes that is common on a rx-7 guys since its a rotary engine it burns a lil bit of oil there were like oh..........i swear those guys irritate me and then i got in the car and they over filled the oil...............arghhhhhh lol i think a well listening and reading 7-year old could of done better.....i think they go out and hire the downsyndrome boys down the street at the local grocery store:mad: :grr:

MOFO
09-19-2003, 12:51 PM
I will *never* in my life EVER take my personal vehicle to a jiffy lube/instant oil change place. I have seen too many problems with vehicles that get serviced from there... stripped oil bolts, stripped out oil pans, low on oil, using wrong fluids for cooling system and tranny... :grr:

If I dont do it myself, only the dealership does work for me...and thats only because I still have an extended warranty.

Eric

Ryan
09-19-2003, 12:54 PM
LMAO :p

redroost85
09-19-2003, 07:14 PM
This is hilarious, yet so true. Dog gone it I will never let some dude change the oil in my truck or my quad. Who knows what will or won't get done. Now that the oil change is over........onto the beer Captain!:D

250rAL
09-19-2003, 07:21 PM
Nobody works on my vehicles either unless I absolutely can't do it myself, and then I stand there and watch to make sure they don't screw it up. You'd be surprised at what goes on even in a dealers garage if you stand and watch for a while.

redzoomer
09-19-2003, 08:26 PM
250rAL...that is so true... I have seen them mess up first hand..
My wife took her car in for service and the punks filled her a/c water drain full of grease......just for kicks I guess... I got 2 free oil changes and saw one get his dumb *** fired just for kicks!

CowsBitePeople
09-19-2003, 08:49 PM
oh man thts good lmao

zarquon442
09-19-2003, 09:41 PM
haha, took my truck in once, the guy was trying to take the filter off by turning it clockwise. :)

SGA
09-19-2003, 11:54 PM
Thats about the truth of it. I used to change my own oil, but found I can make 50 dollars a hour working, pay 25 to get the oil changed and come out 25 ahead. I use the dealer, the service manager and his staff are pretty sharp.

coryatver
09-20-2003, 12:04 AM
I taught myself how to change my timing belt in my 3.4 DOHC after i found out the labor was going to be 600 bucks. It took me a month but I got it fixed!

toby400ex
09-20-2003, 12:37 AM
Dont go to walmart for an oil change, at least not the one by me. My brothers girlfriend got her oil changed there. They didnt tighten the drain plug and about a mile or so later the engine siezed. Walmart bought her a new engine. They also filled my brothers acura with 5 quarts of oil thinking it was a honda. I cant imagine paying someone to change the oil in my vehicles unless i knew them personally.:confused2

ewalker302
09-20-2003, 09:59 PM
If your a man and you don't change your own oil, if you let some minimum wage flunky work on your vehicle at all,,, I truly feel sorry for you, please let your son spend more time with his grandfather.

There should be a test required to graduate high school.

1. change a tire
2. change a circuit breaker
3. change the oil in a car
4. At least learn what a framing square and level are.

God forbid something actually bad happens in this country & we lose the ability to make a call & write a check anything tears up or need servicing.

I don't think half the people in this country would survive a month.

:bandit:

crazybuffalo
09-20-2003, 10:32 PM
but if you didnt waste all of the time and money what fun would be left to laugh at later?

lil400exman
09-20-2003, 10:54 PM
lol i always change my own oil i was just in a suit going out on a date and borrowed his ride so i thought in gratitude i would change his oil.......and ewalker thats so true its skary......:confused2 :scary: :huh

lol
09-21-2003, 11:12 AM
lmao!