PDA

View Full Version : Help! Pappy? Anyone else?

300exOH
09-19-2003, 09:25 AM
I was wondering about having a Powroll header powdercoated in high temp. Can it be done? Or are they stainless? I found a Powroll/Supertrapp combo for $160 but I don't want to deal with a rusty pipe like with my Cobra. Has anyone tried this exhaust? If it's too expensive maybe I'll save for a DMC Alien instead. Just thought maybe I could save a few $$$. Thanks for any help.

TeamSe7enracing
09-19-2003, 10:01 AM
If you want you can have the header ceramic coated like auto header companies and many aftermarket pipe companies are doing. Be sure to have the company you are having do the work know that the coating still alows the header to mount to the motor and the muffler. I have an associate that has all his exhaust systems aftermarket ceramic coated by www.performancecoating.com and they seem to do a really nice job.
Hope that helps.

09-19-2003, 11:19 AM
my friend said he was gonna put his powdercoat is whole engine in a camoflauge high temp. powdercoat??? will this work?:confused: :huh

RIjon
09-19-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
my friend said he was gonna put his powdercoat is whole engine in a camoflauge high temp. powdercoat??? will this work?:confused: :huh

:huh

09-19-2003, 02:59 PM
Guys lemme tell u a secret dont pay attetion to crazy400exman and maybe he'll go away. ;)

K_Fulk
09-19-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by TeamSe7enracing
If you want you can have the header ceramic coated like auto header companies and many aftermarket pipe companies are doing. Be sure to have the company you are having do the work know that the coating still alows the header to mount to the motor and the muffler. I have an associate that has all his exhaust systems aftermarket ceramic coated by www.performancecoating.com and they seem to do a really nice job.
Hope that helps.

I would go that route i think danneyf on here does it also.

Pappy
09-19-2003, 07:51 PM
ceramic coating headers is $50 plus return shipping