PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting my TCS shocks, Please Help...

JhallettEX
01-31-2002, 05:48 PM
I bought these TSC SCS shocks off the internet from a guy and did not recieve any info about the shocks from him. I want to know how I can adjust them, and how I can adjust the preload. Does anyone have these shocks and know anything about them or should I just call TCS and have them send me info on them?

JhallettEX
01-31-2002, 05:49 PM
1 more

400exRacerX
01-31-2002, 06:24 PM
What do you meen by calling TCS and havving them tell you th info on them? The only thing they could tell you is what type of shock it is, they look like the dual rate zps shocks to me. The only way to tell the class, wieght, and type of rider the shock is set up for is by checking the valving on the shock. What you need to do is get the shocks revlaved for your class, wieght, and riding style. If theres a big difference they will have to respring the shock.

JhallettEX
01-31-2002, 06:47 PM
The shocks are allready set up for me and my riding conditions, I just want to know about the rebound how to adjust the preload, stuff like that. I have no clue about the shocks, what will happen when i turn the black nobs on the rezzies, S*&# like that.

Foxrage
01-31-2002, 06:59 PM
Hey i think im going to get the TCS i seen a 400 with them and i looked sweet can i see a couple of yours. How do you like them? Thanks

rhino99
01-31-2002, 08:22 PM
The black knobs on the ressiz's are compression adjustment. The only other way to adjust them is with spacers you get from TCS to adjust ride height.

02-01-2002, 05:10 PM
I'm sure if you turn the "black knobs" (compression setting) to the left (counter clockwise), that will make the compression setting softer. If you turn to the right (clockwise), that will make the compression harder.

I received my (Elka) shocks with the compression knob set to the lowest "soft" setting, and then just played with various settings from there. I don't think you will do any damage if you turn the knob all the way in one of the directions.

Good luck:)

JhallettEX
02-02-2002, 07:19 AM
Finally, Thanks marlin.