PDA

View Full Version : Sparks Timing Advance Key

HondaChris
09-18-2003, 09:13 AM
Is the timing advance key worth the $20 for my 400EX??? Does it make a noticeable difference? I figured since it was an inexpensive item, I would check it out, after of course, I hear some opinions from here. Are there any negative effects on the motor from it?

Pappy
09-18-2003, 09:17 AM
here ya go (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73673)

Doibugu2
09-18-2003, 09:23 AM
What is with these things, what's this like the 5 thread this past week.

This is taking over for what exhaust is best. Haven't seen one of those in awhile.

HondaChris
09-18-2003, 09:34 AM
I think what did it was the article in the latest Dirt Wheels, listing it as Sparks' best value of items they sell. And like I said before, for $20, its worth checking out.

Ok, after checking the posts pappy directed me to (thanks), I have a few more questions. Why is there extra heat created with this? I planned on getting the air scoops anyways, but this will give me a reason though to tell the wife I NEED them!! (like I had to do with my nerfs-LOL).

Another question about the heat, has anyone tried, or does anyone use any of the oil additives, like the High Lifter Heat Fighter and such, with any success? Is it added to the 2 quarts of oil, or does it replace a certain quantity of the oil?