PDA

View Full Version : it was a sad day but a great day

300exQuadracer
09-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Yesterday i sold the old 300ex the beloved orange and green racer that i have been building up for quite some time, but then also last night i bought my dream quad a 87 250r with over 8grand in parts and extras, it came with bran new 400ex fenders and i`m gonna have to figure out how to put them on there. but just thought i`d let you guys know i`m a big dog now so watch out, haha this quad has won over 15 1st place in many races so i`m perty pumped to have a "real" racer now, i`ll post some pics as soon as i get it cleaned up and polished
heres a link of what my 300 looked like, i was perty sad to watch it go but i know i got a heck of a lot better quad allready

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60863&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

ghost_ryder
09-17-2003, 07:49 PM
congrats dude

Nausty
09-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Congrats dude, I feel like my quad is finally turning into a racer. I still have a stock motor internals and a-arms but other than that everything is done besides stuff that don't help performance. (gussets, stem, ect) What class you gonna race?

Glow Plug
09-17-2003, 09:53 PM
congrats man :D

Narly R
09-17-2003, 10:03 PM
CONGRATS man! MAN! Your bike SHINES in that pic!:eek: Get some pics of this racer! I hope you enjoy the bestes best bike on the planet!:D

JTRtrx250r
09-17-2003, 10:34 PM
Congrats bro!!!,I think you'll be pretty happy w/ it

SGA
09-17-2003, 11:05 PM
Sounds good! Shine that bad boy up and post a pic !

JTRtrx250r
09-17-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Sounds good! Shine that bad boy up and post a pic ! yeah....what he^^ said:D always love seeing nice R's haha:D

Pappy
09-17-2003, 11:11 PM
awesome...glad to hear you got what youve always wanted:p

300exQuadracer
09-19-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
Congrats dude, I feel like my quad is finally turning into a racer. I still have a stock motor internals and a-arms but other than that everything is done besides stuff that don't help performance. (gussets, stem, ect) What class you gonna race?

i`m not shure what class i`m gonna race yet but probably one of the lower 2 stroke classes, i grew up since i was 7 on 4 and 2 stroke dirtbikes and i allways kinda liked the 2 strokes and now after gettin the r i dont know if i`ll ever go back to a 4 stroke

wilkin250r
09-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Uh oh, you've become an R rider? You've crossed over, you're part of a cult now... http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/contrib/xerx/smileythescream.gif

nacs400ex
09-19-2003, 02:12 PM
Congrats!!!

I know how you feel, I just got an R too, but its in peices- poor thing. Now I have to build it up REAL nice. :D The R is my dream quad too, and I finally got it, I can also say I paid for it with my hard earned cash unlike some of my friends. The only thing that is done on it is the motor, its got an LRD265 :blah:, now I just need to get suspension, PCing, etc then she will be set.

lil400exman
09-19-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
Congrats!!!

I know how you feel, I just got an R too, but its in peices- poor thing. Now I have to build it up REAL nice. :D The R is my dream quad too, and I finally got it, I can also say I paid for it with my hard earned cash unlike some of my friends. The only thing that is done on it is the motor, its got an LRD265 :blah:, now I just need to get suspension, PCing, etc then she will be set.
lol it will cost u as 2x as much as u think just bank on that man......lol

mikealexander88
09-19-2003, 08:37 PM
well i know exacly how you feel, i sold my 250X that i had put a couple K into and i had it for about 2-3 years i think but i still wish i had it back, mine was blue w/ chrome nerfs. damn i loved that uad, was the saddest day of my life when i saw it leaving in the back of some stranger's truck:( but it was the only way that i could get my R, you'll be way happy with your R, the 300's are nice machines but my x would always beet my 300ex:huh i still havn't got that figured out but i think the extra lbs shaved off and the better tires on my X were a winning combonation, well sorry this post is so long it's just been a while since i thought about my good old 250x:) u will love the R, first make it reliable then get some suspension for it if it does not have it already then you will have a winner. l8r- mike

300exQuadracer
09-20-2003, 09:32 AM
mikealexander88 it has works triple rates with rezzies, burgaurd +2 +1 a arms, 19in front holeshots, pro stadium bumper, aluminum radiator scoops, graydon proline nerfs, fmf pipe and silencer, and i made a pro circuit shorty silencer that is about 6 inches long, houser steering stem, houser top clamp with the little dampner thingys, renthal bars, a bigger carb, 18in rear holeshots, x33 rear axle that goes from -2 to +6 i think, extra swing arm, extra frame, extra engine, extra bumpers, brand new 400ex fenders and seat for it, extra renthal bars, stock a-arms, stock shocks, extra brakes, brand new still in the box vortex clutch basket, i think i got a heck of a deal on it for 2,850

mikealexander88
09-20-2003, 09:03 PM
HOW DID U GET IT SO CHEAP???????????? u steal that thing? lol i just got my pep zps's back and those were about 1/6 the cost of ur bike just to get them fixed! omfg u got a DAMN good deal. i'd say sell the extras and u will have it payed for. i would toss the works thoe and get some elka's pep's or tcs-something with zero preload. i have mine insured for like 4400 (not counting my shocks) and it has about the same mods yours does, sometimes i HOPE people will steal it htoe cuase the R's are goin so cheap right now lol, well have fun u got a steal of a deal.l8r- mike

crazybuffalo
09-20-2003, 10:13 PM
well i'd say you'll enjoy the R more, with a little time of course.:D

outacontrol31
09-20-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by 300exQuadracer
Yesterday i sold the old 300ex the beloved orange and green racer that i have been building up for quite some time, but then also last night i bought my dream quad a 87 250r with over 8grand in parts and extras, it came with bran new 400ex fenders and i`m gonna have to figure out how to put them on there. but just thought i`d let you guys know i`m a big dog now so watch out, haha this quad has won over 15 1st place in many races so i`m perty pumped to have a "real" racer now, i`ll post some pics as soon as i get it cleaned up and polished
heres a link of what my 300 looked like, i was perty sad to watch it go but i know i got a heck of a lot better quad allready

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60863&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
Hey man sweat quad, and congrats on the R. I had a couple of quastions for you cause I got a orange 300 too, (1) does the clear coat come with the new type of plastic from mier or can you buy somthin and put it on yourself to make it shine like that.(2) I you can put it on the older style plastic (dull not shiny) can you put it over stickers. (3)do you know of a good carb for a 300 and would it be worth the money (4) what horspower did your old 300 make on the dino, cause mine was fully built and It made arond 28hp. The only thing is though is that it is only a 308 with stock carb, but it has titanuim springs port@polish and a lots more. thanks and it would help me out alot if you answered these questions for me

300exQuadracer
09-21-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by outacontrol31
Hey man sweat quad, and congrats on the R. I had a couple of quastions for you cause I got a orange 300 too, (1) does the clear coat come with the new type of plastic from mier or can you buy somthin and put it on yourself to make it shine like that.(2) I you can put it on the older style plastic (dull not shiny) can you put it over stickers. (3)do you know of a good carb for a 300 and would it be worth the money (4) what horspower did your old 300 make on the dino, cause mine was fully built and It made arond 28hp. The only thing is though is that it is only a 308 with stock carb, but it has titanuim springs port@polish and a lots more. thanks and it would help me out alot if you answered these questions for me

thanx and
#1 new maier plastic comes shiny like that
#2 you could probably use clear coat there was a big thread about that
#3 a 400ex carb would be a good investment for it
#4 i have no idea haha sorry bout that one

outacontrol31
09-22-2003, 07:51 AM
thanks man