PDA

View Full Version : Winter Rebuild ideas

WalshKFX
09-17-2003, 07:16 PM
this winter i am gonna be doing alot to my kfx to make it mx ready. i dont know whether to get burgard or walsh a-arms, swingarm, pep zps or elka zps, rpm, or lonestar axle. and for the clorl scheme, orange fullbore with a black frame and black hiper beadlocks and a quadtach smoothy hood. or fullbore white front fenders, blue rear fenders, white frame, blue ringed hipers and a quad tech hood. let me know what u guys think trhanks tony. also have there been any burgard or walsh long travel a-arms bent. i was looking at burgard and the walsh seem to be build better. idk. thanks guys

tony

Chanman420q
09-17-2003, 07:28 PM
i voted for the elkas, cuz u wont get the peps over the winter, lol

WalshKFX
09-17-2003, 07:30 PM
lol also if u could picka color scheme as well as the front end brand. thanks

Tony

muff
09-17-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
i voted for the elkas, cuz u wont get the peps over the winter, lol

good call, with elka and burgard you'll get your parts in a couple of weeks, peps and walsh would be the better combo but last time i checked it was a huge wait on peps and walsh products

suspension makes you faster, looking good will come with it :devil:

Chanman420q
09-17-2003, 07:42 PM
orange fullbore with black rings

but my personal favorite is blue front wuth yellow rear and silver nacs graphics. and wheels id go for douglas ultimates. But thats me. The orange would look good

Dave400ex
09-17-2003, 09:11 PM
Go with Elka or Axis for the Shocks and Burgard, Arens, or Laeger for the Chassis Parts. I like the Orange Fullbore idea.

WalshKFX
09-18-2003, 04:43 AM
i called burgard last week and its 1690 for longtravel a-arms, elka quadrate shocks, and galfer lines. also for 1900, i can get burgard long travel a-arms, axis suspension, and galfer lines for 1990. i also called baldwin and they said 4-5 wekks for pep zps shocks with tye 20 - click rezzies. i called walsh and they have the long travel a-arms in stock. but i think im goin with burgard with either elka or axis. is there really a huge difference between elka and axis. and im gonna go with the black frame, black hipers, and orange plastics

KrazyKid300ex
09-18-2003, 05:23 AM
Really right now i don't care tony.(not trying to be an ***) but dude you know what you want and you can get the money by working. I don't give a flying **** really because i won't be able to get another one to about april. i am so devastated. i was just thinking of building a yzf hybrid but ill prolly wait to get another yfz. my hipers should be here friday but only if i had something to put them on. im going to kill someone also

muff
09-18-2003, 01:27 PM
:eek2: it got stolen? wtf man :mad:

if i were you i'd spend the extra $300 and get the axis.....its good stuff

but if you wanted to save 300 then go with elka they are both close but just look at what the pros are runnin (axis)

WalshKFX
09-18-2003, 01:42 PM
i think im gonna go with elkas because 1. ill save 300 2. they are piggybacks 3. quad rate springs. axis is good but there are still pros that run elka and im not doing alot of big jumps yet. i plan on racing neatv-mx this season. so im goin with burgard arms with elkas and orange fullbore with black hipers and black frame.

muff
09-19-2003, 04:11 AM
sounds like an awesome plan, your quad will be sick

if your getting pappy to do it have him get it guesseted to so you won't have to worry so much about it crackin

KrazyKid300ex
09-19-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by muff
sounds like an awesome plan, your quad will be sick

if your getting pappy to do it have him get it guesseted to so you won't have to worry so much about it crackin

i want an xr50 to hold me off! my hipers came in! i have one mounted. make good foot stools down in my computer room for a good 7 months:huh :huh i don't think ill be able to race because ill be soo rusty it would not even be funny. if i didn't have these damn hipers id build a yzf but ill just wait for another yfz.get the hipers i can tell you that. i'd buy them mounted already also:grr:

justin can i borrow that red 400ex for awhile? lol im going to go crazy on these weekends. my dad might buy a 400ex for himself so sell it to us.

Fibe Industries
09-19-2003, 08:20 AM
Most of the pros that you see in the mags now are running elka yorkley, gust, doug eichner,

WalshKFX
09-19-2003, 09:29 AM
muff im sending my frame to pappy and burgard is gonna gussest it. pappy will pc'd it. i cant wait

muff
09-19-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Crazy300EXMan97
muff im sending my frame to pappy and burgard is gonna gussest it. pappy will pc'd it. i cant wait

good stuff :cool: