PDA

View Full Version : header/silencer combo

01-31-2002, 02:05 PM
I Have heard many things about the "Powerbong"/Power Bomb header. Would you reccomend this only with the power fmf silencer. Im thinking about which pipe/header combo would give me the most power gains. How does the White bros. pro meg header and silencer sound to you? Also does anyone know if this pipe is any louder then the regular e-series and what the difference betw. them is?

Thanx for any replies.:p

01-31-2002, 02:13 PM
From what I've read the powerbong mounts up to most all mufflers,,I know it works on the E-series,,but you don't have to get a FMF exhaust to go with it..

Dave400ex
01-31-2002, 02:51 PM
Since you are still running the Stock Silencer, I would just get the Pro-Meg Complete. I think the Pro-Meg has a Bigger Headpipe. It`s for built Motors. It will work with a Stock Motor just fine, but when you Mod the Motor, the Pipe will just add more Power. I think that is why they are Different.

oynot400
02-01-2002, 08:14 AM
I talked with a gal from White Bros the other day. I told her what I had done the motor and wanted to know how well a White Bros pipe would work the Power Bomb header. She told me that the e-series and the FMF header is a real good set up.
That is what I was going to get, since I got a sponsorship from them. I ended up ordering a Pro Curcuit T-4 because my dealer/new sponsor could get me a better deal on the T-4. :cool:

Taco
02-01-2002, 08:22 AM
oynot keep me posted on how the T4 works with the powerbong. Im interested in doing this setup as well.

barbwire44
02-01-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Tacostrk
oynot keep me posted on how the T4 works with the powerbong.

Tacostrk, hey man a powerbong is used on a four wheeler, not used for recreational inhalation purposes. You might try one of the shops on the boardwalk for that type of powerbong...!:devil

oynot400
02-01-2002, 10:28 AM
Tacostrk,
It is suppose to be in today, I hope. I will let you know by monday. One of my concerns is the sound level, I hope the Power Bomb quiets it down some.

Dave400ex
02-01-2002, 03:43 PM
Oynot400, are you still getting a White Bros Pipe?

Taco
02-01-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by barbwire44

Tacostrk, hey man a powerbong is used on a four wheeler, not used for recreational inhalation purposes. You might try one of the shops on the boardwalk for that type of powerbong...!:devil

I think i am going to take abart an old shop vac for one of those. ere:o

oynot400
02-04-2002, 10:17 AM
WarriorMan, no I did not get a White Bros pipe. That is what I wanted in the first place but White Bros sponsorship is all screwy. It was going to end up costing more than if I just ordered it.
I got my T-4 mounted up Friday night and I am impressed with just the construction of it. Much better than the FMF. I also like how it mounted up to the frame, real solid! :D I took it riding Saturday afternoon and I think that it is quiter than my other FMF was. I ran it with the spark arrester in, may be with it out it may be louder. I could not tell any power differences because we were riding on snow. Once I get back on dirt I hope to tell a difference. :D
So far I would recomend this set up.

patrick delao
02-06-2002, 01:17 PM
The powerbomb DOES quiet things down. I have the FMF p/c4 with powerbombheader full system and its a nice combo, sounds great too. I'm selling it because I'm going to start racing and I bought the CT pipe. info ereed@loomisfargo.com paid $460 for all let it go for $375 its in great shape. Great overall power