PDA

View Full Version : big rock...

lil400exman
09-17-2003, 05:02 PM
anyone ever rode there it is in Maysvill, Ky no alcholic beverages permitted or sand rails or trucks sounds like a safe place and over 100 acres of riding and free camping......anyone ever go is it good bad or what? they have a website but it doesnt always work.:) thanks pj!

remlapr
09-17-2003, 05:18 PM
Went there two weeks ago. It's not 100 acres, lt's 2000. Very nice place. Great parking area and facilities. They also have an excellent mix of trails - you can either run fast out in the open on the ridges or dive down into one of the valleys and ride some technical stuff. There is a trail called the pipeline or rollercoaster trail that is a series of huge up and down hills that you can run in top second/third gear no problem. We rode that trail probably four times it was so sweet. Ask the dude the owns it to show you on the map where that trail is for sure. The trails down in the valleys can get pretty rocky and rough so make sure you have a patch kit and co2 with. We had 4 flat out of six bikes.

The place is a blast - I just wish I lived closer to it.

lil400exman
09-17-2003, 06:35 PM
uhh how far is it from covington ky? or cinncinatti and how far off of 75 is it? thanks man ur info is great!

Braff1
09-17-2003, 06:59 PM
The best thing to navigate Big Rock is the 2 big smoke stacks in Maysville. As you head out the stacks will be on the right hand side. When you want to come in they will be on your left. so if you get lost just find a hill top and locate the stacks.

lil400exman
09-17-2003, 08:31 PM
what about the details how far off is it off I-75? and thanks bout the info about getting lost and looking for the stacks man!:)

remlapr
09-17-2003, 08:36 PM
It's 1 hour from cinci - not sure about the best way to get there or anything. If I lived in Cinci I would be riding there all the time - only place I've been that I live better is LBL.

09-18-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
It's 1 hour from cinci - not sure about the best way to get there or anything. If I lived in Cinci I would be riding there all the time - only place I've been that I live better is LBL.

Your gonna love Hatfield then if you like LBL that much....:devil:

spincr4hire
09-18-2003, 06:50 AM
Big Rock doesn't have enough woods riding, but still a good place to ride. MP Offroad has a couple of new freshly cut trails that are AWESOME!

lil400exman
09-18-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
Big Rock doesn't have enough woods riding, but still a good place to ride. MP Offroad has a couple of new freshly cut trails that are AWESOME!
lol wheres that at and stuff? i have never been to bigrock sooooo i really really aprecite everything....it looked like bigorock had a real mix of terrain from what i saw on the pics.......:)

spincr4hire
09-18-2003, 08:03 AM
Mountain Parkway Offroad is off the Mountain Parkway, really close to the Clay City drag strip.

remlapr
09-18-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire

You left too early! - we went back down into the woods in the back on the right side and rode for several more miles down in there. I liked riding the ridges then dropping down into the woods for awhile - mix it up.

remlapr
09-18-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Your gonna love Hatfield then if you like LBL that much....:devil:

Are we there yet :D

spincr4hire
09-18-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
You left too early! - we went back down into the woods in the back on the right side and rode for several more miles down in there. I liked riding the ridges then dropping down into the woods for awhile - mix it up.

That was like my 6th time there, I've rode all the woods trails up there, I just think that there isn't enough of them.

nky400
09-18-2003, 11:21 AM
Big Rock has a pretty good mix, even for the younger riders. The place is very clean and organized. The people who run it are very friendly and helpful. I'm going down on Sunday, September 21, if anyone is interested.

http://www.bigrockatvpark.com

lil400exman
09-18-2003, 08:59 PM
kool thanx for all the info guys i will be checking it out soon:cool: