PDA

View Full Version : Edlebrock Carb JUNK

01-31-2002, 10:52 AM
I have a edlebrock carb they say its one of the easiest carbs to ajust and makes the quad easy start and all.....but no its VARY VARY hard to ajust and super hard to start.I mean i set out side for an hour trying to get the to start out of the dead but no it dont at all.It wants to turn over but it just wont.And easy to ajust NOWAY you got to sit there for about 2 hours to get the thing running perfect..its either running to rich or to lean and it pisses me off.As soon as i come into the money i am getting a FCR carb.IF ANY ONE CAN TELL ME HOW TO AJUST THIS CARB SO IT STARTS OUT OF THE DEAD ILL CALL YOU JESUS BECAUSE HES THE ONLY PERSON THAT CAN MAKE CRAP RISE FROM THE DEAD.

01-31-2002, 11:31 AM
Topgun tell us how your really feel man....:D

Ok all jokin aside,,that sucks to hear your havin that many problems with it,,the guy I know that runs a lectron which is pretty much the same thing. It only took him a complete race season to get his fine tuned and figured out.:rolleyes: Yeah that's pretty bad when somebody sells a product for a small fortune and you have to reinvent the wheel to get the thing figured out and workin properly. Hopefully things go better for ya in the future..I have no patiance so I'll be goin with the easier to use FCR in the future..

barbwire44
01-31-2002, 02:03 PM
Hey if its that much trouble i'll give ya my carb and 50 bucks for it!
I hate to see ya all disapointed with you're purchase so, this is my way of helping ya out.

01-31-2002, 02:10 PM
Ill take the deal if u have a FCR carb and Ill PAY you 50 dollars if you take this junk off my hands

Dave400ex
01-31-2002, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the Info. I will never buy the EdleBrock Carb. I was thinking some day about getting this. I`ll just get the 39mm FCR.

01-31-2002, 03:06 PM
Vary good idea its notten but a pain in the *****

01-31-2002, 03:11 PM
For anyone who reads this I stongly advise you to get anything but the edelbrock carb. If you are considering this Carb. the best of luck to you just make sure ur garage is heated if you live in cold areas because ull be spending around 4-6 hours trying to figure this thing out.

Guy400
01-31-2002, 03:13 PM
That does suck when Edelbrock toutes this carb as being very easy to adjust. I know this sounds stupid but are you sure you've got all the intake boots tight? Did you inspect the carb to make sure all the parts were in the proper position before you installed it? Sometimes you get a carb off the line that somehow got through quality control and may not be assembled to specs. I'd inspect it before I threw it away. While the FCR is the better carb I'd look the Edelbrock over a little more thoroughly before spending more money.

On a side note, can you take your digital camera and get some pictures of your T/A's engine bay? You showed us some pictures of the outside a week or two ago and told us that it had an all Edelbrock motor complete with a Stage II turbo. I'd really like to see pics of that!

01-31-2002, 09:01 PM
dude, jus jam in a 42-45 plot, nd shel start right up,mines awsome startin now, used to be a pain, i had to drag her around to get it to fire

oynot400
02-01-2002, 10:32 AM
topgun400ex,
If you are interseted in a FCR I may be able to help you out. I ended up with a spare one. I was trying to sell it to a kid in town but both of his quads were stolen last week. If he doesn't want it I could hook you up. ;)
Let me know...

02-01-2002, 01:18 PM
ok dude that sounds good