PDA

View Full Version : I finally won something!!!

MOFO
09-17-2003, 06:00 AM
I got a call late last night from my local firehall near my parents house... At first I thought they were looking for donations late at night.... but then he started to explain I won a prize from their raffle.

...ends up I won myself a Glock 23! I cant wait to get this thing and head to a range.... :D :D :D

Anyone have one or shot one before? Seems to be a very nice "compact" handgun...

http://web.utk.edu/~utpolice/Graphics/glock23.gif

09-17-2003, 06:08 AM
Bring it an your azzz to hatfield....:mad: :grr:

Motoman440
09-17-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
I got a call late last night from my local firehall near my parents house... At first I thought they were looking for donations late at night.... but then he started to explain I won a prize from their raffle.

...ends up I won myself a Glock 23! I cant wait to get this thing and head to a range.... :D :D :D

Anyone have one or shot one before? Seems to be a very nice "compact" handgun...

My dad has one of those and I have shot it before. I pretty much suck at shootin pistols at targets but the da** kicks so much I couldn't hit the side of a barn. Sweet gun though. If I remember I think they are made out of Kevlar or something that makes the gun much lighter than other types of pistols. Congrats on the win, I never win anything!!!

UglyMotha™
09-17-2003, 06:47 AM
HIGH FIVE!!

:D

popo
09-17-2003, 06:57 AM
It's considered one of the most unsafe handguns, in regards to the accidental discharges.
Notice the safety is located on the trigger.

Not to say that you’re irresponsible with a hand gun. But please note, it has bitten allot of experts
And allot of Police Depts. Are switching out. Also I believe you cannot use a re-load, correct me if am wrong.

Pappy
09-17-2003, 07:00 AM
ive run more then 10,000 rounds thru my glocks..all reloads and not on stove pipe or any signs of wear.

the glock design is as safe as a wheel gun ...although its opinion as to install the new york trigger group (12 lb) to make it safer.

i carry my colt custom shop 1911 ....230 grains of diplomacy:devil:

i won a gun last week also...a ruger stainless/lm 10/22. i already have 3 of them...maybe ill get this one surpressed:macho

300exOH
09-17-2003, 07:01 AM
Congrats MOFO! My dad has one and he likes it. Thanks for the info though Popo. I didn't know that about accidental misfires.:eek:

Runnin Dumb
09-17-2003, 07:18 AM
Don't really need one but, Bring it to H/M and I'll give ya five bucks or two cold beers for it:devil:

ridered86
09-17-2003, 07:23 AM
nice win man, ive run so many rounds through my glocks and they are definately one of my most favorite semi's. pappy that 10/22 sounds awsome, they look so cool in stainless its got my vote for best .22 by far.

ridered86
09-17-2003, 07:26 AM
ohh have you guys checked out the new .17 rifle, that cartriage is hitting a safe 2500 fps, plus the necked down .22 magnum shell looks awsome, and within a hundred yards they are very very accurate.

MOFO
09-17-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by popo
It's considered one of the most unsafe handguns, in regards to the accidental discharges.
Notice the safety is located on the trigger.

Not to say that you’re irresponsible with a hand gun. But please note, it has bitten allot of experts
And allot of Police Depts. Are switching out. Also I believe you cannot use a re-load, correct me if am wrong.

Thanks for the heads up, this is my first Glock firearm. I've been around guns/pistols most of my life and can say that safety, has always and will always be number 1.

UglyMotha™
09-17-2003, 07:50 AM
and always remember it's beer before guns :huh or is it the other way around :confused:

knighttime
09-17-2003, 07:57 AM
kewl gun Eric. I always heard that they were safe. The safety on the trigger is a funky way to do it, but when u think about it, it makes sense cause the safety will always be on unless u shoot it. Also i think its better to leave the chamber open if u r gonna carry it loaded, unless you r a police officer or FBI agent, etc. The best thing i ever learned about guns is to always consider them loaded and ready to fire even if u r sure its unloaded. :eek2:

300expower
09-17-2003, 02:20 PM
i personnaly think that people with guns (no flmaing) are more dangerous... he could get drunk and kill someone.

nyway my 2 cents...

09-17-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by 300expower
i personnaly think that people with guns (no flmaing) are more dangerous... he could get drunk and kill someone.

nyway my 2 cents...

this guy can barely tie his own shoes much less operate a fire arm.. He probably found that pic in his sears catelog and is tryin to show off....:o

Chanman420q
09-17-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Rico
this guy can barely tie his own shoes much less operate a fire arm.. He probably found that pic in his sears catelog and is tryin to show off....:o

lmfao

forum
09-17-2003, 03:01 PM
only in America.

heavy_d
09-17-2003, 03:13 PM
be careful it doesn't take your finger off!!! i'd take a 357 mag over a glock, but free is a good deal

WEEZIL
09-17-2003, 03:18 PM
way to go mon!!! i love guns My uncle called me and he sent me a High Standard Hombre .22 its nickel plated and is in ssshhweeeet shape i love it.

MOFO
09-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by 300expower

nyway my 2 cents...

this is why its called your 2 cents because thats all its worth. You dont know me or my experience with firearms/weapons. I'm going to ask for you to take your comment back about me getting drunk and killing someone.....NOW. :mad: I happen to own several shotguns, rifles and revolvers... I bet I have been hunting longer than you have been on this planet.

You really pushed the wrong button by making such a jackass comment!

MOFO
09-17-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by heavy_d
be careful it doesn't take your finger off!!! i'd take a 357 mag over a glock, but free is a good deal

I already have a .357.... this Glock just rounds my collection out. :D

MOFO
09-17-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Rico

...and you want another case of Dark 'n Tan???? :grr:

MOFO
09-17-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by forum
only in America.

please clarify this statement.

Everyone who buys this ticket knows what the prizes are. If you dont want the gun, there is also a cash prize that is equal to the value of the gun. You STILL have to go through the proper verification process just as if you would have bought it.

Please dont bring your views into this topic. I was simply making a topic to gain more information about this handgun.

09-17-2003, 04:47 PM
I think mofo's gettin ready ta put that glock ta use in a minute....:uhoh:

Yeah the statement of him gettin drunk or whatever and shootin somebody was rediculous....:ermm:

ewalker302
09-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by MOFO

Nice win,

I went out & bought a Model 22, like a month before the brady bill went into effect, so I could still get the 15 round clips.
& I got + 2 floorplates so 18 .40 cal rounds in one hand.

But anyway be sure to be ready for the kickup when you shoot it.
especially if it's the first time u shoot a Glock, or any other polymer frame gun, cuz it's a good bit lighter.

Mine has never missfitred & only stovepiped once I was lettin my girlfriend shoot it, & when it kicked it came back to like 2" from hittin her in the head lol.

Popo is right about the safety, it will fire if you pull the trigger (no selectable safety at all). But my 50 year old Smith & Wesson double action .38 is the same way, if u pull the trigger it shoots, regardless, no safety.

But it will never I mean never fire (the Glock)unless the trigger is pulled.
I've got a book on Glocks where they dropped em out of choppers onto concrete, just abused the hell out of em.
The barrel is said to be designed so that if a bullet lodges in the barrel, it's safe to shoot it out w/another.
Sounds crazy don't it. The reason Glock barrels are so strong is b/c the rifling isnt cut into em the rifling is driven or pressed into the metal.

OK I'm sorry too long.

Hey Pappy do you know what a Remington Nylon-66 looks like??

My Pop gave me his I don't know how old it is but its an automatic .22 rifle & its Black/white plastic & all chrome.

:bandit:

Bill Fuller
09-17-2003, 05:12 PM
I have a Glock model 26 and love it.Very compact and accurite,never had any problems with the safety.When I purchased it what sold me was the dealer threw one accross the parking lot to prove it was a safe design.

MOFO
09-17-2003, 06:30 PM
Thanks guys... this is what I was looking for.... some good information (real world).

I've already began looking for the 13/15 round clips... they seem to be out there, but damn hard and very expensive to get. Anyone got a good connections? :D

MOFO
09-17-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
When I purchased it what sold me was the dealer threw one accross the parking lot to prove it was a safe design.

:eek: sounds like that would be proof enough for me.

I noticed that there is a model 23C that has a barrel with ports, that keep it down and cut back on the recoil. Can this barrel be used on the regular model 23. As far as I'm aware of, the Model 23 and Model 23C are exactly the same except for the ported barrel.

Anyone know for sure?

Pappy
09-17-2003, 08:33 PM
in order to use the ported barrel you will have to buy the matching ported slide. glock uses a "window" cut in the top of the slide that matched up with the ports in the barrel....and i LOVE ported handguns......double taps are a breeze

nylon 66...i had 2 as a kid. one with a 10 round mag and the other loaded from a tube in the rear of the stock.

Nausty
09-17-2003, 09:39 PM
Congrats on the new gun! Looks pretty sweet!