PDA

View Full Version : need a little more

badass300ex
09-16-2003, 10:08 PM
I have a o3 300ex with a full pipe, K&N, and has been jetted with no air box lid. I was wandering if there was anything elsa I can do to get a little bit more power out of the motor without doing any major engine work like a bolt on piece or something, new sprockets or something. If I do sprockets would I lose top or bottom end or do I lose one or the other ?

cals400ex
09-17-2003, 09:10 AM
you can change sprockets so that you lose bottom or top end. a bigger front sprocket = smaller rear = more top speed but less grunt down low smaller front = bigger rear = more torque with a loss of top speed. if you are interested in top speed, don't put on a bigger rear or smaller front because you will lose a few mph's up top. one thing is, make sure you have it jetted right. that makes a big difference. make sure valves are adjusted correctly. that made a huge difference on my 400ex. i actually just put in a high compression piston and a cam. the power increase was good and the price was cheaper than my pipe. it is relatively easy to do. just get a manual and you will be fine. all you will need to do is have a dealer or someone bore/hone your cylinder wall out. i actually had them install and gap the rings on the piston while they were at it. my bill was like: $130 for cam, $120 for piston, $40 for gaskets, and $90 for boring and installing/gapping rings on the piston. i would not think there are any other bolt ons that are worth it.

Diedrich
09-17-2003, 12:31 PM
u could take your choke out man..thats free...maybe buy a new carb..or piston,cam,vavles, something like that.