PDA

View Full Version : Who Thinks this is a reason to stop riding??

Chanman420q
09-16-2003, 09:59 PM
I just got back from the Emergancy Room. I had an accident on the 400ex and this was the last straw. This is What happend, i was coming around this turn, more of a slight slant that goes upward. I was coming up this at 4th gear 3/4s throttle, when i got around the turn, theres a long strait away, well about 30 yards up, theres these 2 poles, and there just so happend to be a chain going across. By the time i saw the chain, my neck had slammed into it, broke, wrapped around my neck and threw me off the quad to the right. My friend andrew who was behind me said he saw it wrap around me, and saw me spinning in the air. I dont know how long i was knocked out, or if i was even knocked out, but when i opened my eyes, i saw andrew and my other friend bryan had just pulled up along side me and was going over to help me. the first thing i thoight was i better not be choking, so i pull the chain off. I stand up and am dazed as a hell. Then my neck just starts to burn. An there just looking at me like wow.. I cant believe how lucky i am, i went back to andrews house and called my dad who picked me up and took me the Doctors office place, who immediatly took me in. Then they sent me to the ER at albany medical. the doctor said that if i hadnt of turned my neck the way i did, i could have crushed my windpipe and there was a possibility that i could have died right then and there. I have pictures of my neck, ill post them but if a mod wants them removed i will do so. This is the last straw, im done with quads.

derekhonda
09-16-2003, 10:03 PM
sorry man, im sure your ina lot of pain. WHAT WERE THE PEOPLE DOING THERE WITH A CHAIN? get better. . . .

Chanman420q
09-16-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
sorry man, im sure your ina lot of pain. WHAT WERE THE PEOPLE DOING THERE WITH A CHAIN? get better. . . .

ive ridden there dozens opf times, and this is the first time ther ehad been a chain going across it..

09-16-2003, 10:04 PM
glad to hear your ok man....looks like we both had a bad day...thats one reason why when your riding in a new area..take it slow to scope it out first and check for things like that

Sportrax10
09-16-2003, 10:05 PM
Accidents will happen in the sport, and if your not prepared for them then I think you should quit. But I wouldnt let something like that make me quit. Maybe you should start riding in areas that you know or areas that are set up for ATV use.

Chanman420q
09-16-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
glad to hear your ok man....looks like we both had a bad day...thats one reason why when your riding in a new area..take it slow to scope it out first and check for things like that

thats the thing, it wasnt a new area

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p8435595f5ef33e2f6dcbfccbf15cebdc/fb11888a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p078475147b40a8b2daab3ae627f99cfb/fb11888e.jpg

im not gunna post all the pics i have, but its like that all the way around my neck

derekhonda
09-16-2003, 10:11 PM
:eek2: :huh

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-16-2003, 10:14 PM
glad to hear your ok....just take a break from atv's for now....get some rest, recover, etc....in a few months yer gonna be dieing to go riding again, trust me....i had some rough times too with injuries, and im back in action;)

09-16-2003, 10:22 PM
nasty, anyway, if u go to hospital in ny dont tell them it was on a quad, they will call the cops its mandatory and the cops will issue tickets if its not registered and insured, so u hit the chain on your dirtbike

why quit riding...never quit, you could be out riding tomorrow so why stop now

ewalker302
09-16-2003, 11:13 PM
Just my advice, & what my old man told me years ago.

If you fall off the horse get right back on & ride the piss out of it.
If you think 2 much about it your gonna get scared.
Just be careful, & don't give up.

:bandit:

shamisc
09-17-2003, 02:00 AM
Consider yourself lucky! My friend and riding buddy wasn't that lucky! We were suppose to ride one Saturday but I had to work so he rode without me. A couple of other people went with him. There's an old rail road that the rails were removed from over 30 years ago that have always been rode on either by motorcycles or horses. He went through there going to a river trail we ride. While he was at the river, an old fu%king dumbazz farmer decide he was going to put a stop to people riding quads and strung a 1-1/4" cable between 2 pines with no markers or flags. When Josh came back through it was dark and I imagine he was giving his 2 week old Raptor all it had when the cable hit his steering stem and the his mid section completely destroying his pancreas and liver. The last words to come out of his mouth was " I didn't see it, I just didn't see it". I lost a good friend that day. And to this day, that fu%king farmer has never been arrested or never had to pay a dime! I guess land is worth more than life!mad: :grr: :mad: Josh's parents are currently suing him for wrongful death. I CALL IT MURDER!!:mad: :grr: I'm not trying to scare you I'm just telling you to keep riding but be very careful because even if you were there an hour before, the trail could change and you not know it! Ride safe, Ride smart, live and have fun!
Joshua Lee Woodruff
Aug 8, 1979 -
Mar 17, 2002
" Hamma Down Woody"

FreekShow
09-17-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by shamisc
Consider yourself lucky! My friend and riding buddy wasn't that lucky! We were suppose to ride one Saturday but I had to work so he rode without me. A couple of other people went with him. There's an old rail road that the rails were removed from over 30 years ago that have always been rode on either by motorcycles or horses. He went through there going to a river trail we ride. While he was at the river, an old fu%king dumbazz farmer decide he was going to put a stop to people riding quads and strung a 1-1/4" cable between 2 pines with no markers or flags. When Josh came back through it was dark and I imagine he was giving his 2 week old Raptor all it had when the cable hit his steering stem and the his mid section completely destroying his pancreas and liver. The last words to come out of his mouth was " I didn't see it, I just didn't see it". I lost a good friend that day. And to this day, that fu%king farmer has never been arrested or never had to pay a dime! I guess land is worth more than life!mad: :grr: :mad: Josh's parents are currently suing him for wrongful death. I CALL IT MURDER!!:mad: :grr: I'm not trying to scare you I'm just telling you to keep riding but be very careful because even if you were there an hour before, the trail could change and you not know it! Ride safe, Ride smart, live and have fun!
Joshua Lee Woodruff
Aug 8, 1979 -
Mar 17, 2002
" Hamma Down Woody"

:( :( Stupid farmer:(

CowsBitePeople
09-17-2003, 04:56 AM
Hey man u dont need to quit riding :( ....But atleast ur ok....I mean u could not be here right now if uwerent so lucky....

Taco
09-17-2003, 06:04 AM
I'd be hunting down whoever put that chain up:mad: And no I don't think I would quit riding. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger:macho :muscle:

300exOH
09-17-2003, 07:14 AM
Did you have permission to be riding there? If so I'd be talking to a lawyer about the person who put up the chain. Glad you're okay though. Ouch!

Adam202
09-17-2003, 07:38 AM
keep riding, be more careful.

Chanman420q
09-17-2003, 10:02 AM
i dont know if we can ride there or not... so

ryanh250ex
09-17-2003, 10:20 AM
my pop had a similiar accident years ago back when he used to ride a dirtbike. he was going down a dirt road in New Egypt, all alone, and he was WOT down the road and all of the sudden he saw this barbed wire going across the road....he skidded out, laid the bike down, and managed to go just under the cable. he only got cuts and some bruises from laying the bike down while going that fast, but had he not seen the cable going across the road he would have either broken his neck, or even sliced his head right off. and since he was alone, had be been seriously hurt or killed, it would have been days or weeks for someone to find him.

the lesson learned is dont ride outlaw.i have a feeling that cable was there for a reason.

Doibugu2
09-17-2003, 10:30 AM
I feel bad you got hurt and that other guys buddy died. But we need to take responsibilty for our own actions.

Even if its a place your ride all the time, you should always scope it out. What would have happened if a tree would have fallen or something mother nature did. Would you have still been able to stop and not get hurt.

Just take a short ride around your area to see if everything is the same as before.

Sorry you guys got hurt. But keep riding.

Chanman420q
09-17-2003, 11:18 AM
it was just scarey being on the bed wheelieing me into the X-rays and having the doctor tell me how lucky i was that i turned my neck and didnt get my wind pipe crushed. An it makes me think do i wanna risk that again for this sport? Hell think of it this way, how can i give this sport a good name if i kill my self doing it?:(

EvilJester400EX
09-17-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by shamisc
Joshua Lee Woodruff
Aug 8, 1979 -
Mar 17, 2002
" Hamma Down Woody"

Hey man, I remember that crash. My mom knows his mom. She wouldn't let me go riding for the longest time. I hope they win the lawsuit against that farmer. :grr: It's sad to think that a quad rider can get killed because of an unmarked fence and nobody even think about punishing the landowner, but if it was a dirtbike, he probably would have been locked up already.
(No offense to dirtbikers, plenty of my friends ride bikes.)

09-17-2003, 11:45 AM
it takes 8 pounds of pressure on the adams apple or w/e to kill u

RideRed400StYlE
09-17-2003, 11:47 AM
Every sport is dangerous.. you can just as easily be in a car accident as in one on a quad. just about a week ago there were a couple kids riding on a logging road near my house and there was a branch sticking out into the trail I guess. well the kid was flyin down the trail and never saw it and it went straight into his chest. I was driving down the road when a life flight helicopter landed in the middle of the road not too far in front of me. so I stopped to see what happened. they had to hike 1 mile up into the woods and walk all the way back carrying him. I never heard anything else if he lived or not. but that is just like your situation. I am sure he rode the trail a million times before and the branch was never there. I mean in your case someone put the chain there. but if it is the owner of the land he has every right to chain off his land wherever he would like. although you are supposed to have some kind of pipe or flag hanging on it so you can see it. so you may be able to get something out of this at court. But you also risk losing lots of riding areas by doing so.. your call

Chanman420q
09-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by freeride132
it takes 8 pounds of pressure on the adams apple or w/e to kill u

imagine how many pounds were on my neck when i hit it at 35-40mph:(

CHAR250R
09-17-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
I just got back from the Emergancy Room. I had an accident on the 400ex and this was the last straw. This is What happend, i was coming around this turn, more of a slight slant that goes upward. I was coming up this at 4th gear 3/4s throttle, when i got around the turn, theres a long strait away, well about 30 yards up, theres these 2 poles, and there just so happend to be a chain going across. By the time i saw the chain, my neck had slammed into it, broke, wrapped around my neck and threw me off the quad to the right. My friend andrew who was behind me said he saw it wrap around me, and saw me spinning in the air. I dont know how long i was knocked out, or if i was even knocked out, but when i opened my eyes, i saw andrew and my other friend bryan had just pulled up along side me and was going over to help me. the first thing i thoight was i better not be choking, so i pull the chain off. I stand up and am dazed as a hell. Then my neck just starts to burn. An there just looking at me like wow.. I cant believe how lucky i am, i went back to andrews house and called my dad who picked me up and took me the Doctors office place, who immediatly took me in. Then they sent me to the ER at albany medical. the doctor said that if i hadnt of turned my neck the way i did, i could have crushed my windpipe and there was a possibility that i could have died right then and there. I have pictures of my neck, ill post them but if a mod wants them removed i will do so. This is the last straw, im done with quads. All this says to me is: The person that put up that chain has sucessfully stopped a person from riding an ATV. Don't give up riding because of this. I am happy to see you weren't hurt too bad. It could of been much worse. I saw a kid almost get his head completely cut off when I was about 10 years old. He died. The farmer was mad that the kids were riding thru his field to get to a riding spot. I guess he showed them. I'll never forget the look on the dead kids parent's faces. It's a look I wish I could erase from my memory. Be careful!!! and keep riding.

Diedrich
09-17-2003, 01:31 PM
man dont stop riding..if it would make ya feel any better find who put the chain up and whoop their arse..but never quit riding because of a wreck..it'll just teach u to be more careful next time

Chanman420q
09-17-2003, 01:48 PM
yea it stopped me from riding... no ****in **** it stopped me.

i dont care if who ever put it up didnt want me there.. thats fine, but he should have put some kind of marker on it so i could have seen it from a farther distance an i could have stoppped in time.:mad:

AtvMxRider
09-17-2003, 02:12 PM
i dont know if we can ride there or not... so

Doesn't matter the chain should have had a sign hanging from it. I would still talk to a lawyer and find out who put the chain there.

09-17-2003, 02:58 PM
yea it stopped me from riding... no ****in **** it stopped me.

i dont care if who ever put it up didnt want me there.. thats fine, but he should have put some kind of marker on it so i could have seen it from a farther distance an i could have stoppped in time.:mad: dude im sorry you got hurt but the chain served its purpose. thats the chance you take when riding on property that is not your own, especially if there was a no trespassing sign around. people arent going to put up a flashing sign that says "caution chain ahead". everytime you ride on private land you take that chance. sorry to sound so harsh, but this accident was no ones fault but your own, if you were in a place you were not wanted

Chanman420q
09-17-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by 250rhotrod
dude im sorry you got hurt but the chain served its purpose. thats the chance you take when riding on property that is not your own, especially if there was a no trespassing sign around. people arent going to put up a flashing sign that says "caution chain ahead". everytime you ride on private land you take that chance. sorry to sound so harsh, but this accident was no ones fault but your own, if you were in a place you were not wanted

what a nice first post

yea i dont think its private land, ive never seen a trespassing sign. I still think that there should of been anything there. I could have killed my self

mrusk
09-17-2003, 06:04 PM
You can not go around sueing someone just because you almost died. Where is your personal responsiblity? Just because their are no 'no trespassing' signs doesnt mean its ok to ride. There are no signs on my front lawn, do you think i want every kid riding accross it to get to the trail system that begins behind my house? Hell no. You made the choice to go speeding down that trail, that day. No one made you go down that trail. Maybe that person who put the chain up did it for a reason. Maybe he did it just for the hell of it. Yes he can do it just for the hell of it because it is his land!!!. You had no right to be on his land in the first place! Sure you can sue him and win with these liberal juries. But then your just as bad as the kid who broke his wrist on a jump and sued the sand pit owner, which lead to the sand pit, where 300 people would ride every weekend, to be shut down for good.

Think about what happened long and hard, then your'll realize who is really at fault.

The downfall of this country is going to be lack of personal responsiblity. I can see it now.

matt

EvilJester400EX
09-17-2003, 06:06 PM
dude im sorry you got hurt but the chain served its purpose. thats the chance you take when riding on property that is not your own, especially if there was a no trespassing sign around. people arent going to put up a flashing sign that says "caution chain ahead". everytime you ride on private land you take that chance. sorry to sound so harsh, but this accident was no ones fault but your own, if you were in a place you were not wanted

It doesn't matter, the chain should have had a sign hanging from it, or orange marking tape, or something to make it visible in the woods.

Chanman420q
09-17-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by mrusk
You can not go around sueing someone just because you almost died. Where is your personal responsiblity? Just because their are no 'no trespassing' signs doesnt mean its ok to ride. There are no signs on my front lawn, do you think i want every kid riding accross it to get to the trail system that begins behind my house? Hell no. You made the choice to go speeding down that trail, that day. No one made you go down that trail. Maybe that person who put the chain up did it for a reason. Maybe he did it just for the hell of it. Yes he can do it just for the hell of it because it is his land!!!. You had no right to be on his land in the first place! Sure you can sue him and win with these liberal juries. But then your just as bad as the kid who broke his wrist on a jump and sued the sand pit owner, which lead to the sand pit, where 300 people would ride every weekend, to be shut down for good.

Think about what happened long and hard, then your'll realize who is really at fault.

The downfall of this country is going to be lack of personal responsiblity. I can see it now.

matt

i dont recall blaming anyone or saying im gunna sue, all i said is i wish there would have been something hanging off the chain so i could have seen it sooner. so if ur trying to flame me or something u should have read the entire thread instead of assuming i wasnt taking any personal responiblity, i even said i was going to fast around that corner. What else do i need to admitt man?

09-17-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by mrusk

matt i agree with you....it all started when that old lady sued McDonalds for serving there coffee too hot..i watched a video the other day in World History about people saying there victims...they showed a clip on some kid trying to sue a bycycle company...because the kid was riding at night and got hit by a car....hes saying the company made the reflectors miss leading....and they also showed in the welfare office..all of teh drug addicts getting tehre check saying there a victim off addictions..and becasue they are addicted to drugs they deserve a check every month from the governemt....i laughed during the whole video on how pathetic and lazy some people are these days:rolleyes:

Punk'd
09-17-2003, 06:19 PM
nah man acidents r gonna happen wat u need to do is wait till u heal up and find the B**T**D that put that chain there but just be more careful nextime

hessianmx111
09-17-2003, 06:20 PM
yeah sure he shouldnt have been riding there if it was private property but these chains and wires these dumbasses hang up often kill people and that isnt the right way to go about keeping somebody off your land:ermm: sorry this happened dude just keep riding if you really love it i know it can be scary and all i was scared after my concussion and i almost didnt feel like riding anymore but i rode a lil while after that and i remembered how much fun it was. oh and you ought to go get some caution tape and string it from the chain so you might possibly save somebody else from injury or even a death.

Chanman420q
09-17-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
yeah sure he shouldnt have been riding there if it was private property but these chains and wires these dumbasses hang up often kill people and that isnt the right way to go about keeping somebody off your land:ermm: sorry this happened dude just keep riding if you really love it i know it can be scary and all i was scared after my concussion and i almost didnt feel like riding anymore but i rode a lil while after that and i remembered how much fun it was. oh and you ought to go get some caution tape and string it from the chain so you might possibly save somebody else from injury or even a death.

oh trust me i knocked that chain off clean:uhoh:

cheetah
09-17-2003, 06:41 PM
I feel what your going through man. I just had a wreck last week and the doc told me had I not had a helmet on I would have died on impact. It is a pretty sobering thing to hear and I questioned why I was in this sport too. I never had any intentions of quitting though I love it too much. Right now I'm just lying low until I get my bearings up and I'll be back at it in no time. There is nothing wrong with letting this soak in, just chill for a while and go back and try it again. I'm almost sure once you think it over a couple days you'll be ready to hit the trail again. I'm glad to hear your alright now and ride carefully.

Rob440EX
09-17-2003, 06:53 PM
I think I'd be dont to....Just thank god u are alive. a guy I knew of did the same thing on a sled and was decapitated....

Lt250R Racer
09-17-2003, 07:31 PM
please dont talk anymore, your giving us headaches im sure...

Listen, i am the other kid who was riding with him. I saw everything, not to mention i have been riding for 12 years (im 16) and these trails are in my backyard. I have rode down that trail over 100 times, summer and winter, and this is the first time they had a chain up, not to metion there was no posted signs, trail markers or anything...there wasnt a single thing on the chain! I just find it kind of dumb to nit pick on a kid who just got thrown off his quad by a chain, when you dont even know the facts. NO matter if its a private trail, on private property, you dont stick a chain with no markers across the trail or even worse, a WIRE. Thats how people get killed, if its their fault or no. He also didnt say anything about sueing so that was pointless so u know. also, this trail is a that comes from a NYS trail system that goes over 100 miles! My whole point is, dont bust on a kid who already knows hes the one to blame and it was his mistake to make him feel even more like ****.
pretty dumb

chucked
09-17-2003, 07:45 PM
man, you need to always ride around and check for stuff like that. I always do. Some people put fishing wire up between trees on trails and I just ride through slow at first to check for stuff like that. I broke my ankle on a jump and tore legiments. I was riding again before I could walk. You learn from your mistakes.

Chanman420q
09-17-2003, 07:46 PM
i think 12 years of riding on a trail is enough reassurance that there wouldnt of been anything there...

i dont see why some of you are on my case about it, theres nothing i could have done, its no ones fault and i never would have thought there was a chain there. all i can say is, chit happends. And i wanna thank the members who are understanding and see what im saying and not turning it into something else

sparky450AR
09-17-2003, 07:55 PM
Im sorry to hear that...hanging a rope up to intentionally hurt someone is sick....i saw a website posted on here with all the things these ***s are doing....they must not have enough balls to walk up to you where your parked or you house and tell you to stay off the property

flyin#5
09-17-2003, 08:00 PM
that sucks man. no reason to stop riding. **** happens. i got a concusion a little over a month ago at a race, got knocked out, concusion and i remember very little frome the time i crashed to a half hour later when i came to my sences in the med tent. there was a guy on a pred who crashed the same way i did and got hauled off to the e-room right before me too. the only thing i can remember telling myeslf is not to give up riding or racing. seriously it was wierd, but when i came to my sences i didnt care about myself i just wanted to go out there and race, and most of all get revenge on that table. but they wouldnt let me.... for good reasons.

chucked
09-17-2003, 08:05 PM
im just saying that one day there could be nothing on the trail the next day there could be something there. things change

cheetah
09-17-2003, 08:08 PM
I don't see how you guys can jump all over him like this. How many of you can say you have never went to your favorite riding spot and just started hauling @$$ all over the place. I'll admit right now I rarely check my riding spots, but I'm gonna start. As far as private property, I agree that you should check with the owners of it before riding there, but if it was the landowner(and it could have been fellow punk riders doing it for a kick you never know:mad: ), then that was absolutely the wrong way to go about it. Come on though guys, if you rode a place for 12 years with no changes don't you think you might take it for granted every now and then. Cut the guy some slack and give him some encouragement..:ermm:

chucked
09-17-2003, 08:11 PM
I agree, but i know that other people ride there and I know that some people are a-holes, I dont take anything for granted, never think it wont happen to you

Ryan
09-17-2003, 08:11 PM
Glad to hear you are ok. It could have been alot worse.

I remember when I heard about a local snowmobiler that got his head take in right off from barbwire. One of the farmers didn't want this guy to ride on their property so I decides to put up some barbwire. The farmers plan worked! It stopped him, but it also stopped his heart :( .

09-17-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
Glad to hear you are ok. It could have been alot worse.

I remember when I heard about a local snowmobiler that got his head take in right off from barbwire. One of the farmers didn't want this guy to ride on their property so I decides to put up some barbwire. The farmers plan worked! It stopped him, but it also stopped his heart :( . that brings up another point..for al of you guys that like to ride ont he roads in the winter...after a big snow storm and no cars are out....DONT RIDE ANYWHERE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN BEFORE...my dad warned me and my friends about this last year....one of his friends was on a snowmobile after a big snow storm..went riden through a farm and almost died becasue he hit a barbed wire fence....it was no ones fault...i just wish things like this would stop happening....

250x#93
09-17-2003, 08:37 PM
Damn that really sux man, i wouldn't give up riding though, just take a break for a little while and then come back into it nice and easy;)

lansing400ex
09-17-2003, 09:06 PM
This post gives me mixed feelings. I grew up on a 180 acre family farm and still ride on it to this day. One thing I learned was respect for other peoples property. I can't count how many times people have trespassed on the property causing damage to the crops we were growing. The trespassers all have the same dumbfounded attitude about "Whats the big deal theirs plenty of corn growing out there." Well guess what that corn is money and if you ride on it your taking money out of our pocket. I know they wouldn't like it if I walked up to there house and took tools out of their garage. My answer would be "Whats the big deal you got plenty of tools in that tool box."

I've been riding plenty of times with friends who just want to take off across some unmarked land. I shake my head at how most people think. The bottom line is ride public land marked for riding, get permission to ride private property or buy your own land to ride on.

I'm glad I live in Michigan. Theres over 3,000 miles of legal public orv trail to ride on. In the upper peninsula it is legal to ride an atv on dirt roads. This opens up an unbelivable amount of ground to cover.

Sorry to hear you learned a lesson the hard way and shame on the land owner for going to such an extreme. You should keep riding. And the land owner should have put up some signs with the cable.

Last but not least check out Michigans ATV riding oportunity.
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070---,00.html

Chanman420q
09-17-2003, 09:49 PM
the thing is, i dont know who put that chain up, theres no houses around this area. Its close to the highway. Hell i dont even know who owns the land, all i know is my friend had been riding there for 12 years and ive been riding there for a little over 2 and a half and never once have i had a problem with someone riding up there. But im definitly going to take things a lot slower from now on.

quadfamily
09-17-2003, 10:24 PM
not to be cold but... how's your quad??

QuadJunkies
09-18-2003, 12:34 AM
it was just scarey being on the bed wheelieing me into the X-rays and having the doctor tell me how lucky i was that i turned my neck and didnt get my wind pipe crushed. An it makes me think do i wanna risk that again for this sport? Hell think of it this way, how can i give this sport a good name if i kill my self doing it?:( Im soo sorry to hear what happened:eek2: but Im glad to hear your ok......Right now is not the time to say your haingin it up and giving up riding indefinatley. Right now your freaked out(with VERY good reason to be) and you just need some time to recoop.If riding is truly in your blood, it wont be that easy to completely stop riding.;) ?Its easy to say right now, but I think you will feel differently when yor healed up and some time had passed....Just think about it and dont give it up just yet........or later ,you may regret seling out too soon....:)

Chanman420q
09-18-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by quadfamily
not to be cold but... how's your quad??

that was the only good part, it verred into the woods and went strait between 2 trees, if it would have been an inch on either side, it woulda hit one.

and QJ thanx, i was planning on selling anyways. But it had orriginally planned on buying another. Now im not to sure, I could have been paralised or killed. And i dont know if i truely wanna risk that

GrInDeR400ex
09-18-2003, 08:08 PM
man thats a nasty wound glad to see you came out of it ok

mo.lakota
09-18-2003, 08:35 PM
when i was 14 my cousin and i were riding on his mx track/ cross country track on his granpas farm . some jerks who were jealous of us strung up some fishing line between some trees . my cousin was on a rm 80 i on a yz80 . we were flying through the woods when he caught me wide in a curve and dipped low passing me . about 150 yards further down the trail he hit a fishing line that caught him in the chest then rode up into his neck under the full face helmet . it cut a gash a 1/2 inch deep in his throat . he bled so much we thought he was dead . he lived but we always checked our track out after that .

as for peoples liability on putting things up , even though its thier land they can still be liabe for injury caused by an object that they placed there . take those guys who wire up a fence charger to the shop door to shock would be thieves , well they are liable for injury or death in these modern courts .

i think we have all outlawed at one time or another . yes i owned land and it was aggravating to have trespassers but to purposely hurt or kill someone was never an option . they could have dropped a tree across the path or posted a sign explaining that they did not want you there and that a fence would be installed .

theres some sick , jealous people out there setting booby traps to some could be enviro's out to stop our sport .

be careful gang .

Martin Blair
09-18-2003, 08:36 PM
i hit a cable at little sahara in the camp site , long story its kinda funny, but i didnt get hurt it was of the little 80 and it hit me across the stomach it threw me off the bike and i was sore for a while but i was fine.

I wouldnt stop riding man thats a lam excuse to quit

Chanman420q
09-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
I wouldnt stop riding man thats a lam excuse to quit

yea almost being decapitaded is a real lame reason... how about u hit a chain at 40mph and tell me how u ****ing feel, seriously that was a real dumb comment, U have no idea how it feels to be in the ER room and having a doctor tell you ur lucky to have a head on yur shoulders. And until you do, keep ur stupid ****in remarts to your self.

jamiesel
09-18-2003, 08:44 PM
wow, you got rocked!!!!!

I have been taking people riding for years and that is was I call blessed. I cannot believe you didn't break your neck. Truly, the Lord was with you. I would feel invinceble if I made it through that. I am surprised you are not out there doing holy mans and kiss of deaths.

Get better bro, sell the 400 and when you heal up you should be ready for a new 450.
:devious:

09-18-2003, 10:08 PM
Im glad your ok, I seriously felt like I was staring at a dead man with those pics you have. Your really lucky.

A rule of thumb I always use no matter where I ride, ALWAYS SCOUT THE LAND before you go hammering around:macho

Youll know what to do about riding, hell the new crf is close bro;)

Chanman420q
09-19-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by BeeeRock!
Im glad your ok, I seriously felt like I was staring at a dead man with those pics you have. Your really lucky.

A rule of thumb I always use no matter where I ride, ALWAYS SCOUT THE LAND before you go hammering around:macho

Youll know what to do about riding, hell the new crf is close bro;)

riding is so much fun... yes.. but so are other things:ermm:

ShiftFMX
09-19-2003, 01:46 PM
2 Words Bro...

BATTLE WOUND!

lol, just kiddin...Kinda...when i get hurt bad...depending on where it is, I always hope for a good scar. But i dunno how that would look on your neck :ermm: . Keep ridin man, You'll really reget it if you stop.
I know I prolly sound like a ***** saying this...but One time, i was at a meeting with my school counsilor and both my parents. I was being nuthing but a smart arse the whole time, and as soon as my counsilor asked me, If there was one thing that i could do...in the whole world...I said "I wish i could ride again" and swear that I was --> <-- Close to crying. My voice got all shakey, and i didnt look like such a bada*s anymore. I think alot of people take their riding privalidge for granted, all's i can say is DONT. Riding was the one thing that i had, I felt free, like i could concour(sp?) the world, did have a single worry, but one day, i got into sum S#!t, and like that, my quad was sold. If it wasnt for my Girlfriend, there would be nothing left for me. Riding was it, and i AM DETERMINED to get another quad, b/c when that quad left, i was just greatful i was not in jail...

...But now all's i want is my quad :(

And now...Not being able to ride....Is my biggest battle wound

300exjumper
09-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Quit being a pu$$y. You should of just hoped back on and kept ridin.

09-19-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by 300exjumper
Quit being a pu$$y. You should of just hoped back on and kept ridin. go home kid:rolleyes:

dana creexh is thinking about getting out of freestyle becuase of his crash filming H6..is he a ***** too?

RuffRyder400ex
09-19-2003, 07:31 PM
glad to hear your allright man.

Chanman420q
09-19-2003, 08:04 PM

ok, since ur just a tough guy, go get 2 posts, a chain and find a good long strait away, mount the 2 posts paralell from each other and attach the chain so it goes across the trail and its about neck height, are u with me so far? ok now start at the end of the trail. Take off and keep shifting threw the gears until ur in 4th and at 3/4 throttle. Ur still with me right? good. now keep going until u hit the chain.

Then after thats complete, come back on exriders ( assuming ur head is still on ur shoulders like mine was ) and tell me if u still felt like riding. if you did, then ill admitt i was a ***** that day. Til then, keep ur stupid remarks to ur self

RuffRyder400ex
09-19-2003, 08:19 PM
What do you think it would feel like and what would you do if you rode into a chain in 4th gear and it hit your neck?

Chanman420q
09-20-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by RuffRyder400ex
What do you think it would feel like and what would you do if you rode into a chain in 4th gear and it hit your neck?

lets see if he goes threw it, i left directions on how too do it above:mad:

crday98
09-20-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
yeah sure he shouldnt have been riding there if it was private property but these chains and wires these dumbasses hang up often kill people and that isnt the right way to go about keeping somebody off your land:ermm:
very true;)
i don't know about most states but here there is nothing really close that doesn't cost $25 a day to ride in this area and is marked as a "designated trail" so the old coal pits and banks are the hot spots in my area.even if the land is marked with no trespassing signs in my area,we still ride on them as long as the owner doesn't mind.they usually don't mind in most areas but still have them marked to protect themselves from a lawsuit if some idiot decides to get drunk before riding a motorcycle,ending up getting hurt, then try sueing the land owner as if it was his fault because he didn't fill in that rut in the road or cut down that fallen tree.some land owners have no signs posted and never cared how many people rode on his land until one day a group of morons come along and destroy his things,then the next day a cable is across the path because the owner is irate about having his stuff vandalized.killing someone is not the way to go about keeping people off your land and odds are it is going to be someone innocent and not the vandals.i really can't see how someone could look at it that way:confused: imagine someone running through your house once because they were either lost or just took a shortcut because it was easier for them to get where they were going.would you really want to kill that person?warn then to never come through again?,or have them arrested the next time they do????
it really cracks me up for the people who act like he got what he deserved because he was on private land.we all know we have ridden,hunted,hiked,fished,drove,walked on land that was posted with "no trespassing signs" at one point in our lives for the simple fact that you never seen the owner, changes in the property,seen it being taken care of or just didn't care because you knew you wouldn't get caught so please don't post here acting like you're a saint and you've never done it ;)
checking out your riding area is the best thing you could do but when i ride as i'm sure do others, i sometimes cover over 50 miles of trail in a day and that makes it difficult to be cautious enough to pick up on something like this.if you had to cover that distance while going slow enough to check for chains,wire or a cable going across the path it would take forever and it wouldn't make for a fun ride but it would be safe:ermm:
my only tip is if you decide to haul arse on a trail keep your head down and(or) stay in the back of the pack....just be prepared to eat some dust.:)
BTW you need to keep riding,i think once some time passes your anger will fade and you will get the urge.yes dangerous hobbies increase the risk of injury or death but there is always the potential out there even if you are sitting in your home.the way i look at is "when it's your time... it's your time and what good is living if your not having any fun while doing it? you are only existing of you have no fun,living makes it an enjoyable experience" ;)