PDA

View Full Version : flipped wheels?

2-5-0-EX
09-16-2003, 09:50 PM
hi everybody, im new to my 250ex (i used to have a blaster)
in some of the peoples sigs i see that it says flipped wheels?
what does that do? what is it?

thanx guys

stupid driver
09-16-2003, 09:54 PM
i think it is for the fronts, it widens them or something. I have a question in the same ballpark tho. I noticed that the back tires have a bit of lip on them from the spinning. Would it hurt to flip the backs, or would that be just plain dumb. I know you arent to do this to the fronts, That arrow thing is supposed to point forward, but is it ok for the backs? thanks

RideRed250ex
09-17-2003, 05:53 AM
Flipping your front wheels on the 250ex will make it wider up front and is a good idea ut there is a problem with that, the air tube will hit the brake caliper everytime it goes by and eventually will damage the air stem...solution-buy a new air stem, on the opposite side, drill a hole in your rim and install it, ive never done it but ive heard about it. Oh yea you have to put the left rim on the right side and the right rim on the left side so you get the right tire direction...

If you flip your rears it will shorten your width the rears are already offset to get the most width...so there would be no point in flipping your back rims...

Hope this helps

stupid driver
09-17-2003, 06:42 AM
no, im talking about putting the rear left on the right and the right on the left.

nky400
09-17-2003, 11:31 AM
I flipped the wheels on my 400ex. Basically, it gives you an opposite offset, therefore making the front wider. The valve stems will hit the calipers, but you do not need to drill any holes. I put flush-mount valve stems in mine and there is plenty of clearence.

Diedrich
09-17-2003, 12:28 PM
its real easy man..this is how i dont mine..take the old vavle stem out and put it back in upside down..then drill and new hole on the other side and install a new vavle stem..then your done..took me about 10 min

voges
09-17-2003, 12:36 PM
i did this to my 400.
after years of mx and trail riding i would not recomment it
i have went through so many tie rods it is not funny
i am going to turn mine back in soon

Diedrich
09-17-2003, 12:45 PM
aslong as u dont jump alot and high it shouldnt hurt anything

RideRed250ex
09-17-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by nky400
I flipped the wheels on my 400ex. Basically, it gives you an opposite offset, therefore making the front wider. The valve stems will hit the calipers, but you do not need to drill any holes. I put flush-mount valve stems in mine and there is plenty of clearence.

Where do you get flush valve stems?

rap169
09-17-2003, 06:59 PM
think about the stress your putting on your spindles. more leverage by flipping your wheels will def put more stess on the spindles. I wouldnt recomend it. i snaped a spindle with the wheels on normally and ill tell you what......it wasnt fun. I wouldnt take the chance on more stress on them then there already is

boogiechile
09-17-2003, 09:43 PM
I think this is in the wrong forum but flipping wheels will add mucho bump steer. It will make ruts, roots and rocks fight back when you hit them. It will add stress to the spindle, upper a arm and ball joint, outer wheel bearing, tie rods and ends, and steering stem. I do not think a little extra width is worth it.