PDA

View Full Version : New Pipe and Jetting for it.

01-31-2002, 09:24 AM
Hey guys,
I have a new White Bros. Pro-Meg Headpipe and Silencer on the way, along with a K&N. Right now my motor is completely stock and these will be the only mods going on it. I was wondering if anyone had this same combo(Promeg headpipe and silencer) and if so, what did you jet it and how did it run after you jetted it. I have read so many different things about jetting after an intake and exhaust system. Most of them say that you do not need to rejet after the intake and exhaust systems are installed unless its too lean(backfiring) or too rich(bogging and blue smoke). My friend bought a Pro-Circuit T-4 and a K&N for his 2002 400ex and before he installed larger jets, it was backfiring horribly. My other friend has a 1998 300ex and he also got the K&N/ Full White Bros. pipe package. It backfired even worse than the Procircuit!! All of this info leads me to think that I should just go ahead and buy larger jets before i even try it. I really dont want to run my engine too lean and overheat it and lose power just by not changing jets. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? What size jets do you reccomend for the Pipe/Filter system if those are the only engine mods?
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.:D

400exJOE
01-31-2002, 09:46 AM
I see that you are getting the carbon fiber e-series. Sounds cool. As for jetting, stock main jet is 148. I would put a 158 in and then try a 160. Its going to be around there. I think you should also drop the clip on the needle one notch but I;m not sure.

01-31-2002, 01:30 PM
Thanks a lot man, what does dropping a clip on the needle mean? im not very farmiliar with this particular carb. Thanks a ton for the reply.

Anyone else???????

01-31-2002, 03:01 PM
I forgot to mention that I am on Long Island where the Altitude is basically sea level everywhere I

01-31-2002, 03:02 PM
everywhere I ride**** sorry i hit the send button by accident.

Smoker
01-31-2002, 05:22 PM
If you go here, it explains and has pictures of how to do this on your EX carb. http://www.powroll.com/tech_specs_jetting101.htm

Smoker
01-31-2002, 05:23 PM
It's the last example on the page you want to follow.