PDA

View Full Version : NHRA Drag Races

CEET400ex
09-16-2003, 05:52 PM
Anyone going to the NHRA drag races this weekend in Memphis, Tennessee? Im gonna be there...i got special tickets through my dads work to where we get to spend the day in this guys pit and eat w/ the pit crew and watch them put together the car and make runs. He is one of the motorcycle drivers and is ranked good from what i hear..He has no legs.....noone knew this till he started winning either.Anyone goin?

kamikaze_rzrbak
09-16-2003, 06:45 PM
im not going, but i thought i would just say that i love nhra, dean skuza is my favorite

Foxyangel0425
09-16-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by CEET400ex
Anyone going to the NHRA drag races this weekend in Memphis, Tennessee? Im gonna be there...i got special tickets through my dads work to where we get to spend the day in this guys pit and eat w/ the pit crew and watch them put together the car and make runs. He is one of the motorcycle drivers and is ranked good from what i hear..He has no legs.....noone knew this till he started winning either.Anyone goin?

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

I would give my eye teeth to go with you. We were just at Indy for the US Nationals, it was pretty wild, i got to take a picture w/ my fav. driver John Force. Jesse James was there promoting his name on the dragster. We had a good time!! We get the Top Eliminator seats so we get to see all the action up close. Have fun, and post pics!

Foxyangel0425
09-16-2003, 08:43 PM
NHRA fans again invited to attend Awards Ceremony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9/16/2003
NHRA fans once again are invited free of charge to the fabulous Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, Calif., to attend the NHRA Awards Ceremony and experience the coronation of the 2003 NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series champions and other special winners.

Seating for the ceremony, which will take place Nov. 10, the day after the season-ending Automobile Club of Southern California NHRA Finals, is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Fans who want to attend need only call the NHRA ticketing office to request their tickets. The show will start at 7 p.m. sharp and attendees are asked to wear business attire. Attendees can mingle with the stars of the NHRA POWERade series prior to the show in the Theatre lobby area.

The Kodak Theatre, located in the heart of historic Hollywood at Hollywood Boulevard and Highlands Avenue, is the crown jewel of the Hollywood and Highland entertainment complex. Since opening in November 2001, the theatre has hosted a range of prestigious artists and events including the Academy Awards Ceremonies, Celine Dion, Prince, Elvis Costello, Barry Manilow, American Ballet Theatre, Moscow Stanislavsky Ballet, AFI Life Achievement Award to Tom Hanks, ESPY Awards, American Idol finals, Grease starring Frankie Avalon, the Dixie Chicks and more. The Hollywood Highlands complex offers

Besides the Kodak Theatre the Hollywood & Highland Center also includes nightclubs, more than 60 specialty shops, public art exhibitions, six movie screens at the Mann Chinese Complex, seven of LA's finest restaurants, the best photo spot of the Hollywood sign anywhere, all surrounded by architecture designed to mirror a 1916 classic movie set.

Some of the many businesses operating within the complex include Louis Vuitton, Ann Taylor Loft, Oakley Store, Aveda, Banana Republic, bebe, The Grill on Hollywood, Gap, MAC Cosmetics, Tommy Hilfiger, DFS Galleria, Bice Mercato, Dejaun Jewelers, Victoria's Secret, Limited Express, Trastevere and many others.

There is convenient underground parking and numerous hotels in the area for the out of town visitors.

Foxyangel0425
09-17-2003, 03:54 PM
:)

Foxyangel0425
09-19-2003, 07:13 PM
the bike rider with no legs is reggie showers, he lost both legs below the knee.

Foxyangel0425
09-24-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by CEET400ex

How was the drags? Did you see Tony crash? They had footage don't know what happened to it

Tony "The Sarge" Schumacher crashed his United States Army Top Fuel dragster during the last pass of the day during Friday qualifying at the O'Reilly Mid-SouthNationals at Memphis Motorsports Park.

The Chicago native saw his dragster split in half, amidst a sea of sparks, about the 1,000-foot mark as he was traveling more than 300 mph. Fortunately, he walked away from the bizarre incident with just a sprained medial collateral ligament in his right knee.

"I'm fine, but for a sore knee," said the former Top Fuel champion. "I feel terrible for the team. This was the car that put up the 4.46 second pass in Reading and we were on a 4.47-second run this time before the crash."

The Army team immediately pulled out the back up car to begin preparation for Saturday's final two qualifying sessions.

"This is a great team and I'm confident we'll be just fine," added Schumacher. "I'll ice my knee down tonight and be ready to roll. Nobody will keep me out of the cockpit tomorrow."