PDA

View Full Version : rev box???

Buffalo400
09-16-2003, 03:08 PM
Is it good? how this box can go 2-3 hp.. just bypass the cut-off???? and is it good????
thank's...

hook
09-16-2003, 03:26 PM
i know 4 a fact the wb box makes it hard to start in the cold .iheard that a 400 drops power after the stock box cuts off .if your motor is stock i would spend your $ on a sparks advance key an have your stock box work on

F-16Guy
09-16-2003, 03:58 PM
It won't do anything for a stock bike. If you have a motor that is so built that it's hitting the rev limiter constantly, then send your stock box and have it modified, this will eliminate starting problems. Some of those aftermarket boxes are from the XR250 dirt bike. That box has an anti-kickback circuit that cuts out spark under a certain RPM so the kickstarter doesn't slap the back of your leg. Your battery has to be at full charge to spin the motor over fast enough to overcome the circuit.

09-16-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by hook
i know 4 a fact the wb box makes it hard to start in the cold .iheard that a 400 drops power after the stock box cuts off .if your motor is stock i would spend your $ on a sparks advance key an have your stock box work on

Cold nuttin.. Mine wouldn't start in august at 95 degrees outside..:mad:

The battery has to be at a full charge at all times for the WB to work properly when starting. So basically you'll have to by a battery tender for $45 more dolla's to keep the battery fully charged. I had a WB CDI and liked it at first. Got my motor built yanked it out and sold it. Worked OK for a few months then it wouldn't start for chit no matter what the temp was outside. PUt the stocker back in and it would fire right up every time. Powe drops off too soon anyway...unless like mentioned before ya got a pisssed off motor.....:macho

hook
09-16-2003, 05:52 PM
whats up rico doing a416 build up any suggestion . any rides this weekend

Buffalo400
09-16-2003, 05:59 PM
thanks, I see that a rev box is really a lot of trouble.....
thanks a lot

cals400ex
09-16-2003, 07:35 PM
the brand of the box makes a difference. i have a sparks box and it starts just as good as it did with the factory box. some of the boxes are made for the xr400 and these are the ones that will make the 400ex hard to start from what i hear. just letting you know that the sparks box did not affect starting. as far as power goes, you won't notice much if any on a stock bike. i gained an ever so little amount of top speed. i would spend the money elsewhere.