PDA

View Full Version : question about bolt

Greg Z
09-16-2003, 02:45 PM
hey a bolt broke and went inside a little hole its not screwed in but simply like slipped in i tryed a lot of things getting it out have any ideas

tryed

flipping the quad over and taking it out

vacuuming it out lol

never came out

by the way its bolt 2 on the oil filter cover ;) ( the longer one)

ewalker302
09-16-2003, 07:06 PM
Ok, i'm confused.

Are you saying the bolt is broke off in there tight when you were using a wrench on it?

Or are you saying the bolt is broke but "slipped" in there - not tight??

If so how the hell do you do that?

You can get it out by drilling a smaller hole into the bolt itself & go get some ez outs at the hardware store.

They will know what You need.

you will be able to figure it out from there.

:bandit:

Greg Z
09-16-2003, 07:45 PM
well i thought the bolt was tight in there broken ( i got this quad used like that ) i was riding around a lot and it never fell out... well today when i changed my oil i pushed it in like a quarter of and inch to a half of an inch and i was like oh ****.......... i tryed alot of ways to get that **** out it was all the way like almost out and then sliped in.......... ( the longer bolt of the oil cover case ) i fliped the quad over on its side and tryed getting it out and a vacuum LOL please dont call me a retared i was desperate!!! have any other ways besides drilling into it?

Greg Z
09-16-2003, 07:47 PM
oh and so in that case it slipped in there broken

ewalker302
09-16-2003, 08:20 PM
Not without pulling the right side of the case off, even then I don't think the threads go all the way through. I'm sure somebody here does.

If you aren't comfortable drilling either find someone that is, or just (& I hate to say this real bad) but take it to the dealer.

But if U gotta ride use the one bolt & seal the cover w/some RTV room termperature vulcanizing silicone from the auto patrs store let it cure at least 12 hours.

It'll take the heat wont harden up on your case & make a good seal. just watch it real close & get it fixed right or you'll probably be sorry.

:bandit:

Greg Z
09-16-2003, 08:53 PM
its ok, i have no way getting my quad there which sucks... i have a trailer but no hitch for the car... do you know where they sell hitches for a 2002-2003 maxima? a full one or maybe a bumper hitch? bumper hitch would be easyer