PDA

View Full Version : Q's for you racers

400exbiggun
09-16-2003, 01:17 PM
ok, i have not checked with my local track yet, but typically what class would i race in with a lt250, or a tecate.
I am going to start racing like next season (not this comming up one)
and i dont want to race the ex. I wount be racing with like killer 250r's will, i mean like the bored and stroked ones, and i dont want to race any big bores.

i can't stand my old blaster so i wont race them, and if i got a mojave, what class, do they have 250 2-stroke and 4 stroke, or all together?

tants
09-16-2003, 03:14 PM
this is be in the racing section

i think its pretty much open for quads.. (91cc's all the way to 440cc's)

its either pro, amature, or novice class (a,b,c)

some tracks have 2stroke open, and 4stroke open
you would have to check your local tracks

someone correct me if im wrong, i think thats the basics...

09-16-2003, 04:01 PM
yeah most of the times its only ability level no cc, cc dont matter til your good, i wouldnt worry about what your competition is runnin, ull do good if ur good

ex kid
09-16-2003, 04:42 PM
what kind of racing? mx or hare scrambles. i dunno about racing an LT 250r. ive seen them run, the suspension looks way under par, but there fast as hell. not sure with a tecate. many district have a blaster class. i would race ur 400ex. there great for anything.

400exbiggun
09-16-2003, 05:46 PM
alright, i will check, and no matter what quad i get, my friend is taking a welding class, and he said he will gusset my frame for free, and of course i would get the usual, tires, pipe and shocks. I did not mention the 250r, cause they are alot more tahn the other bikes, since you cant find too many stock.
yup i am gonna race when i get my licence, (next november), that season.
I want to get rid of the ex, so i can get a car and then get a cheap tecate or lt250, and not have to worry about saving for a car any more, and soup the heck outt it.
i decided on these, cause when i grow, i can make the bike faster, with like a mojave, there is only so fast to go.
and this is MX racing

Duncanracer
09-16-2003, 07:19 PM
i think you'll be spending too much money trying to keep a lt250r or tecate together, you may as well race the 400ex

Out_Sider
09-16-2003, 07:50 PM
i think you'll be spending too much money trying to keep a lt250r or tecate together, you may as well race the 400ex

I totally Agree!!!!

09-16-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Duncanracer

definetly, youll do crappier, theyll cost you more and youll h ave more headaches

400exbiggun
09-17-2003, 01:41 PM
why? If they are well taken care of, people race blasters, but they are not good beaters.
i dont really want to race those big bikes, i can handle a 400ex , but i dont really want to run one on a track, if i was going to do that i would get a dale.
So you mean a gusseted tecate with some aftermarket parts will suck on a track?

400exbiggun
09-17-2003, 01:45 PM
then what bikes do you recommend...BESIDES THE EX, i have to get rid of that to get a car, and there is no use selling it now to get another.
I would say a 300ex, but if i would get that then why not get the 400.
and what is bad about a tecate? i thought someone on here raced one...correct me if i am wrong.
and bu racing, i dont mean like hardcore, 85ft jumps, my tracks dont even have jumps that big. I mean like teh kinda tracks you find at rausch, or at a place called Walden in NY, or sleepy hollow in pa, there.

Duncanracer
09-17-2003, 02:39 PM
just find a cheap 250r....I know they'll b cheap once the honda comes out...

LTandRaptorider
09-22-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
definetly, youll do crappier, theyll cost you more and youll h ave more headaches
I don't know about the "You'll do crappier part", but agree pretty much on the rest. I put about 4 grand into rebuilding my LT last spring. The only parts stock are the swingarm, which a Lonestar is due to arrive, and the frame. I picked up a frame on ebay and had it gusseted. I found the frame cracked clear through last weekend... right in front of the gusset! Shocks, a-arms and axle would definitely have to be changed for mx racing. If you're only going to race occassionally at local tracks, I'd just put aftermarket shocks on and see how you like it. The LT is a good machine, I don't think you'd be disappointed with it's performance. Ad mittedly I've put a lot of extra money in it to make it more competitive, but I think we all do that. I'm sure maintenance would be a lot easier on your wallet with a 400ex. Do a lot of research before buying, and look the quad over REAL GOOD before buying! Good luck! :)

Crf150f
09-24-2003, 11:30 AM
hey i know where walden is. anyways just stick with the 400

kargaaro
09-24-2003, 11:43 AM
You're confused man. Don't waste your money and save the headaches. Race the 400 then move up from there. Starting with an lt or mojave is a dead end.