PDA

View Full Version : What does this guy think he is doing!?!!?

300EXrider02
09-16-2003, 01:16 PM
here are my front shocks on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43974&item=2432028216

now here is this other a-holes
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2952038994&category=1467

its the same pics, he took mine, and said like the same thing, I wish I could leave a note on his bid that said that those were my shocks not his

250EXking
09-16-2003, 01:19 PM
what kind of idiot steal pictures. jeez come on man.:eek2:

XANDADA
09-16-2003, 01:20 PM
:eek:

trueblue450
09-16-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by 250EXking
what kind of idiot steal pictures. jeez come on man.:eek2:

I GUESS THAT GUY DOES! http://www.exriders.com/vbb/images/icons/icon13.gif

ghost_ryder
09-16-2003, 01:22 PM
that sucks...is there anyway you can report it?

sickmojave
09-16-2003, 01:24 PM
OR did you steal his pic.:eek: J/K

300EXrider02
09-16-2003, 01:35 PM
well I hope know one thinks that...I dont really know what to do, there isnt much

wilkin250r
09-16-2003, 01:49 PM
I wouldn't take it too personally. Perhaps this guy has a set of shocks he wants to sell, but doesn't have a digital camera to take pictures of them.

And ask yourself, does it really affect you all that much that this guy is using your pictures?

sickmojave
09-16-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I wouldn't take it too personally. Perhaps this guy has a set of shocks he wants to sell, but doesn't have a digital camera to take pictures of them.

And ask yourself, does it really affect you all that much that this guy is using your pictures?

the guy should have asked anyway.;)

Chanman420q
09-16-2003, 02:05 PM
hes not doing anything wrong, if you posted them on the web site and didnt copy right them, there free game

XANDADA
09-16-2003, 02:30 PM
I think it is extremely misleading and a little shady. It's not like he says that the pic is for illustration purposes only and are not the actual shocks being sold...:ermm:

lil400exman
09-16-2003, 03:08 PM
hmm i got scammed on a guy from murray kentucky..........:mad:

steveatv3
09-16-2003, 03:09 PM
HA HA HA, dude that blows i would report him to ebay

coryatver
09-16-2003, 03:20 PM
Thats nothin. Some people have seen pictures of there quads on there for sale.:eek:

Rip_Tear
09-16-2003, 04:07 PM
Maybe he is trying to double sell your shocks... He buys them off you, then sells them right after... Crazy! Some people are idoits!

ewalker302
09-16-2003, 07:38 PM
Hey I know somebody already suggested this, but
send an e-mail to e-bay & tell em what u told us.

They are tough on scammers & I would imagine get back too you pretty quick.

With all the e- bay scams of late, I bet they would be interested.

I know I would be pissed if I shelled out buck for shocks & didnt get what is in the picture.

I mean the guy may have a really crappy set of shocks & there's not much e-bay will do after the transaction is done.

People just say hey the picture was just unfocused or whatever.

Def look at e-bays fraud reporting section & report this guy.

:bandit:

mikealexander88
09-16-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
hmm i got scammed on a guy from murray kentucky..........:mad:

I almost got scammed on a 250r frame from murry ky, it took him almost 2 months to send my frame that i bought off ebay. who was it that tried to scam you? i threatened to get ahold of the cops and i got it within a week after that:)

phatswinn
09-16-2003, 08:19 PM
hes not a con or anything dont worry about it, he's sold 5 things on ebay and they all got positive feedback, dont sweat it

09-16-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

And ask yourself, does it really affect you all that much that this guy is using your pictures? yah..i do this all the time, you should have copyrighted it...its free game now...deal with it man & stop crying :rolleyes:

chucked
09-16-2003, 08:42 PM
hes not doing anything wrong, if you posted them on the web site and didnt copy right them, there free game

exactamundo!!! it happened to me before with a radio control car. Not really anything ou can do. Ive pretty much had good luck with ebay I'd say abotu 95% of the time. theres always a few a-holes.

lil400exman
09-16-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by mikealexander88
I almost got scammed on a 250r frame from murry ky, it took him almost 2 months to send my frame that i bought off ebay. who was it that tried to scam you? i threatened to get ahold of the cops and i got it within a week after that:)
some dude named mitchell tucker.....:mad:

XANDADA
09-17-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
yah..i do this all the time, you should have copyrighted it...its free game now...deal with it man & stop crying :rolleyes:

You are extremely incorrect (see my earlier post also). It is not a requirement to have copyright or the symbol posted on ANYTHING in order for it to be protected under law. The very second anyone publishes anything it is automatically copyrighted and protected under the law. Technically that picture is copyrighted until 50 years after your death.;)

now...deal with it man & stop crying :rolleyes:

:macho

chucked
09-17-2003, 09:40 AM
You are extremely incorrect (see my earlier post also). It is not a requirement to have copyright or the symbol posted on ANYTHING in order for it to be protected under law. The very second anyone publishes anything it is automatically copyrighted and protected under the law. Technically that picture is copyrighted until 50 years after your death.

wow ive never heard that one before :ermm:

XANDADA
09-17-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by chucked
wow ive never heard that one before :ermm:
I was wrong about the 50 years past life of author, it is apparently 70 years now.

big-guy
09-17-2003, 10:10 AM
you can send a message to the high bidder, or any bidder for that matter, and tell them the shocks pictured are actually yours.
just click on their name. even if it's not your auction.

chucked
09-17-2003, 06:11 PM
I was wrong about the 50 years past life of author, it is apparently 70 years now.

proove it mr. smartypants. If they do not have to copyright pictures, Why do they?

BlazingYamahaYz
09-17-2003, 08:11 PM
you could report them to ebay....be worried when all he does is take ur pictures and ur description and tries to sell your shocks..........someone did this on my Yz125, some a**hole from another country stole my pictures, my description, and was selling it...........i let ebay know, and he was quickly banned....

XANDADA
09-18-2003, 06:44 AM
proove it mr. smartypants.

Alright :macho

You can read all about it here (http://www.copyright.gov) at the United States Copyright Office website

Go to the FAQ section and read up. Everything I have said can be confirmed right there straight from the horses mouth......

ewalker302
09-18-2003, 06:55 AM
It wouln't be any kind of big deal if all shocks involved were brand new, but they are used.

So the photos are not a true representation of the product. You can use other peoples pics for the same new item.

But I think using untrue images 4 used parts should be fraud.

chucked
09-18-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by XANDADA
Alright :macho

You can read all about it here (http://www.copyright.gov) at the United States Copyright Office website

Go to the FAQ section and read up. Everything I have said can be confirmed right there straight from the horses mouth......

the webpage doesnt even work :confused:

XANDADA
09-19-2003, 11:47 AM
the webpage doesnt even work :confused:

Bioch Isabelle must have given them probs, its up now. Directly quoted from previously noted website:

What is copyright?

Copyright is a form of protection grounded in the U.S. Constitution and granted by law for original works of authorship fixed in a tangible medium of expression. Copyright covers both published and unpublished works.

What does copyright protect?

Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section "What Works Are Protected."

How is a copyright different from a patent or a trademark?

Copyright protects original works of authorship, while a patent protects inventions or discoveries. Ideas and discoveries are not protected by the copyright law, although the way in which they are expressed may be. A trademark protects words, phrases, symbols, or designs identifying the source of the goods or services of one party and distinguishing them from those of others.

When is my work protected?

Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.

Do I have to register with your office to be protected?

No. In general, registration is voluntary. Copyright exists from the moment the work is created. You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section “Copyright Registration.”

Why should I register my work if copyright protection is automatic?

Registration is recommended for a number of reasons. Many choose to register their works because they wish to have the facts of their copyright on the public record and have a certificate of registration. Registered works may be eligible for statutory damages and attorney's fees in successful litigation. Finally, if registration occurs within 5 years of publication, it is considered prima facie evidence in a court of law. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section “Copyright Registration” and Circular 38b, Highlights of Copyright Amendments Contained in the Uruguay Round Agreements Act (URAA), on non-U.S. works.

chucked
09-19-2003, 02:00 PM
damn :eek:

bongwater200
09-20-2003, 07:22 AM
Copyright, shmoppyright.

He's only got a $25 bid so far, and yours sold for more than they're worth.

So quit your damn crying and go buy some candy! With what he'll get out of his shocks, he won't be able to buy a dollar store digital camera anyway, so post some more pics for him to use!

ewalker302
09-20-2003, 09:36 PM
The guy isn't crying & the other guy dosen't say hey these aren't my shocks really but they are just like them.

Thanks to the guy that started this thread. I may have been in the market for some 300ex shocks & I sure wouldn't have bid on those.

The issue has nothing to do with him using the pics, just that he is selling used shocks but not posting pic's of the actual shocks & not stating that either.

Hmmmm just a guess but I'll bet his shocks don't look as good.

Say U are buying a quad on e bay & you go to get it & its not the same quad, just minor diff but still, I know i'd be pissed.

Whats the guy gonna say, Oh the pic I used wasn't copyrighted so no harm no foul???? BS to that.

So I could take a pic of my ex then go get a piece of junk thats the same year & model but has been pushed off a bridge or something, & then say hey the pics were of a 99ex & werent copyrighted so pay up, it's a 99 & it's a ex??--I don't think so.

No difference at all, used merchandise that is photographically misrepresented should be looked on as fraud in my opinion, & what his shocks & the other guys sells for makes absolutley no difference.

trx440
09-20-2003, 10:27 PM
You got $155 for a set of 300ex stock front shocks?

You better go get some lottery tickets while you're still hot!