PDA

View Full Version : Gncc Worth Doing?

atl855
09-16-2003, 11:56 AM
I WAS WONDERING IF RACING THE ENTIRE GNCC SCHEDULE IS WORTH DOING I HAVE THE MONEY, BUT IS IT WORTH IT
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST FOR EACH RACE GATE? AND ENTRY?

09-16-2003, 12:33 PM
Well if ya got deep pockets go for it. I suggest teaming up with someone else to help pay for gas and what not. $50 will get ya in every GNCC race. The driving 25,000 extra miles a year or more is my problem with the GNCC's. Not enough time or money..:(

I wish I could travel to all of them...

cdalejef
09-16-2003, 12:58 PM
You are in a prime location to race GNCC's. All I can suggest is try it and keep doing it as long as your having fun!

660bigdaddy
09-16-2003, 01:00 PM
run the ones you can. i'm running the local series plus 4 gncc's. wish i could do them all. they are awesome.

atl855
09-16-2003, 01:19 PM
WITH BEING IN SOUTHERN OHIO AND HAVING THE TIME AND MONEY WELL MOST OF THE MONEY I WANT TO DO IT I AM SINGLE AND HAVE NOTHING TO STOP ME FROM GOING TO ALL OF THEM I HAVE RACED HARESCRAMBLES FOR 2 YEARS ON A RM 125 THEN I GOT MY 400EX NOW I WANT TO GO I DONT HAVE ANY ONE AROUND HERE TO RIDE WITH, DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE WISE TO RACE OUT OF A BREAD TRUCK A TRAILER (ENCLOSED OR OPEN) OR A TRUCK BED JUST WONDERING CUS I AM GOING TO DO IT AND I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ALL THE SUPPORT THAT I CAN GET (ANY SPONCERS OUT THERE) PLEASE HELP ANY ONE WANT TODTO THIS WITH ME FROM SOUTHERN OHIO?

propartsracing
09-16-2003, 01:27 PM
Go for it! You're in a prime spot where you live. Most of the races are pretty close to you as opposed to us - in NJ. Our closest one is 6 hours! I'd say you'll have at least 5 within 2 hours from you. Too bad we're not so lucky!

coryatver
09-16-2003, 01:27 PM
It's worth doing. Racing will show what you and your machine is made of. And there are so many people there that love the same thing you love to do. Caps locks is like shouting on the internet its really annoying just to let you know. If you have an enclosed trailer that would work great.

lt250r91
09-16-2003, 09:35 PM
atl855

I've been keeping track this year on my expenses and it's costing me on average $300 a race (not counting breaking parts). That's for traveling, entries, food, and general maintance on a stroke quad and race fuel. With that in mine I'd say if you were to race all 13 GNCC's your looking at $4000 plus what you break along the way. I'd add another grand to that and then any bolts to the quad. I'll have about $8,000 to $10,000 in this season with all the problems I've had with the new quad, plus monthly payments on 2 machines. Not a cheap hobby to say the least but I've had alot of fun the past 5 years racing.

If your looking for someone to ride along with to any of the next 3 races. PM me I'm on the out skirts of Columbus, Oh and I've got room for an extra quad in the enclosed trailer.

Mike

popo
09-16-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by lt250r91

If your looking for someone to ride along with to any of the next 3 races. PM me I'm on the out skirts of Columbus, Oh and I've got room for an extra quad in the enclosed trailer.

Mike

O GOD THAT POOR BOY!
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Smokey
09-17-2003, 12:34 AM
Go to Sparta this weekend and race it ...Then Catch Chad Duvall and ask him if he thinks its worth it . GNCC's are awsome and you will meet alot of great people there . Just try a few and you will be hooked ....D11's you might get to ride an hour and a half , GNCC if you ride a good pace your going to get 2+ hours every race and that make sit more worth it in my eyes ....Like I said go to the Duvall pits and talk to Chad , take his advice and run with it hes a great guy and DAMN FAST TOO..........

SSRedRider
09-17-2003, 07:09 AM
This is my first year racing all of the GNCC's. I have been having a blast. The people and the comeradery is great. At the last race we couldn't get one of the quads to run. One of the Pro Production teams came over and went thru it trying to get it to go. All they took in return was the two beers we gave them. Great people. We are there all weekend about 1/2 of use race on saturday and the other half race the bikes on sunday. The comment about averaging $300 a race is right on. The race courses can be demanding, but when the race is over you look back at what you did and grin. Finishing is where it is at. If you think you want to race, then you should do it. You will know then if you are a real cross country racer or just a novice trail rider.:muscle:

atl855
09-17-2003, 12:55 PM
bump

atl855
09-17-2003, 12:55 PM
bump

lt250r91
09-17-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by atl855
bump

Bump? I think that is TT Racing

How about Tree?:blah:

bradley300
09-17-2003, 09:10 PM
well, i drove 14 hours to florida, dnf'ed 5 minutes into the race came straight home (another 14 hours)total time at the track was 2 hours, hour and 55 minutes sitting in the woods by my self.

i cant wait to do it again :D

lt250r91
09-18-2003, 04:50 AM
So Bradley300 what you are saying is:

GNCC race enrty fee = $50
28 hours of driving to race = $350 in fuel
5 minutes of racing with 250 other crazy racers = priceless

bradley300
09-18-2003, 07:15 AM
absolutly, theres nothing like being on the line when the flag drops, or barley making it up a crazy hill (ironman) to hear hundreds of people you dont know cheer you on. its great!

400exmom
09-18-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
absolutly, theres nothing like being on the line when the flag drops, or barley making it up a crazy hill (ironman) to hear hundreds of people you dont know cheer you on. its great! gotta love those spectators!!!

bradley300
09-18-2003, 08:00 AM
those spectators saved my *** at the iron man last year. my front end shot strait up at the top of the biggst hill, somebody grabbed my front bumper and 10 guys formed a chain and pulled me to the top

theres also nothing like being cheered for though, thats the best motivation for me

Smokey
09-18-2003, 08:14 AM
GNCC race enrty fee = $50
28 hours of driving to race = $350 in fuel
5 minutes of racing with 250 other crazy racers = priceless
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IF you love the sport this it whats its all about .

lt250r91
09-18-2003, 10:45 AM
For me the spectators with the cooler waving beer cans hooting and hollaring as you race by. That gives me the extra boost to push harder. And then there is the ones that offer drinks if you want to stop.

Last year at Ironman I had a little kid come up to me at one of the hills, when I stopped to see if the hill was clear before hitting it. Before I started up the steep section, because the intoxicated fans wanted me to the little kid tugged on my jersy and said,"please don't go up the big hill." With out thinking twice I shot to the top to hear drunck cheers. What a race. What a sport.

When it comes down to it the answer to the question, GNCC racing is it worth it? The answer depends on what your definition of worth is.

If it is for money then no.

If it is for, broken bones, cool scars, spending lots of money, tearing up your machine, the smell of race fuel, putting your 'friends' into trees to win a $5 plaque, bragging rights, mud in your eye, endless stories, or simply for the love of atv racing then welcome to the family. There are more reasons than of have mention, but do to the number of trees I've hit over the past couple years I can remember them.:devil:

jlhughes750
09-18-2003, 10:54 AM
well put!!!!! how bout it!!!!!!

660bigdaddy
09-18-2003, 02:56 PM
If it is for, broken bones, cool scars, spending lots of money, tearing up your machine, the smell of race fuel, putting your 'friends' into trees to win a $5 plaque, bragging rights, mud in your eye, endless stories, or simply for the love of atv racing then welcome to the family
amen brother... that's what it's all about

GNCC#829
09-18-2003, 05:49 PM
I was reading all of the replies. It looks like everyone has the same feeling about the GNCC's as I do!:D

bradley300
09-18-2003, 09:36 PM
are you convinced yet?

atl855
09-19-2003, 04:42 AM
i am going to watch tomorrow in ky, i plan on only watching, i want to race it but i want to see, i am convinced, if i like waht i see and i do like what i have heard, then i an going to do the entire season, any want to sponcer me please! i will be there in the morninG and i will be lookin 4 you all just post what class and what time you will be in there later I WILL BE IN A BLUS X CAB RANGER AITH ATL ALL TIME LOW CUSTOMS ON IT I AM NOT BRINGING THE 400EX BUT I WILL BE THERE, I HAVE OHIO TAGS AND TINTED WINDOWS

lt250r91
09-19-2003, 04:49 AM
Open B #265, Cannondale Speed. (was on a 300 GG, but getting ready to start prepping it for the 12 hour race).

I'll be there around 4 pm today in a green Dodge, white enclosed trailer.

Mike

atl855
09-21-2003, 08:13 AM
i went to sparta, i had a blast, i want to go race one now i cant wait till the next one! see you all on the 4th in st. clairsville

Smokey
09-21-2003, 08:20 AM
We told you so.......