PDA

View Full Version : Wiseco Or Je

Waynes400ex
09-16-2003, 11:24 AM
I'm doing a 416 should I use a 11 to1 je , ross our wiseco? What is the best drop in cam? Should I do a mild port with no head work?

Silverfox@C&DRacing
09-16-2003, 11:46 AM
I would use the JE or the Ross piston over the weisco.. The Weisco pistons do not advertise the correct compression ratio. I would use a hotcam pretty inexpensive and no core charge.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73622
That thread has some good info in it ;)

09-16-2003, 01:12 PM
ok dude u sell them and u don't know that the compression is only off on the 440 pistons???? im not tryin to be a prick but are all of them wrong or jsut the 440's???? Id defentily go with a JE or Ross though. U'll Prollay want a cam too id sugest a tc.

nacs400ex
09-16-2003, 01:59 PM
All of wisecos pistons are like that. Thats why I would never buy one. I would go with a Je or Ross.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
09-16-2003, 02:05 PM
OK dude I am not a dude for one. I am a woman and yes the Wiseco pistons are not correct compression ratios for any of the applications for the 400ex besides not being as strong as a JE or Ross piston.

Teufel
09-16-2003, 02:13 PM
I prefer wiseco myself and for a number of reasons, Quality and the fact that they put a ton of money back into the sport.
Yes the 11:1 ratio is not a true 11:1 using the stock deck height and dome on the head.
The 12.5 :1 comes close, I cc'd piston and head to see.

The JE' s are a good piston , they make a great automotive piston

Colby@C&DRacing
09-16-2003, 02:32 PM
I do not agree with the quality issue for a high stress racing application the JE and Ross are better pistons. I use alot os wiseco stuff for oem replacement but not for the race motors that I build.

hook
09-16-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
OK dude I am not a dude for one. I am a woman and yes the Wiseco pistons are not correct compression ratios for any of the applications for the 400ex besides not being as strong as a JE or Ross piston. tellem how it is u didnt start doing this stuff lastnight:D

Waynes400ex
09-16-2003, 03:41 PM
I was thinking about doing a Powroll stroker? it is a 415cc stroked it is a 440. I guess they come with a 10.8 to 1 J.E. piston. I was also going to add a 39 fcr . They told me with the exhuast carb and stroker kit and no head work it wil be a 60% increase over stock and with the heavy duty rod it will be almost more reliable than stock. Are they blow smoke? Oh yeah they also said with a the stroke the ratio will be more like 11.2 to 1? Do stroker overheat are they reliable?

luvmyex
09-16-2003, 06:19 PM
Id go with JE.Good piston and strong.thats about the only thing that didnt blow apart when my engine blew:D

09-16-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
OK dude I am not a dude for one. I am a woman and yes the Wiseco pistons are not correct compression ratios for any of the applications for the 400ex besides not being as strong as a JE or Ross piston.

im sorry if i offended u. But like i said i wasnt tryin to be a prick i just though it was only the 440 pistons that were messed up. Again im sorry. and how much will that stroker set up cost ya??? and when its a 416 then its stroked to a 440 it still uses the 416 piston? and the stock sleve?

stupid driver
09-17-2003, 07:10 PM
Id listen to the Folks at C&D. They have done many motors, and have been around these parts A LOT. I believe the info when i call them up. It's great that they try to sell you the best part for your setup, and needs. They dont try to sell you the most expensive part, just for their benifit