PDA

View Full Version : Extended Warranty Scam On Trucks

spliffy
09-16-2003, 11:13 AM
Heres the deal, I just bought a new truck (Awesome 1500HD 4 x 4 Crew Cab :D , thats the good news) I sold my old truck to a buddies dad, it had a warranty on it thru a company called www.warrantygold.com until 100,000 miles & it had 53,000 on it now, in my contract it states that I may transfer the warranty to another individual if I sell it for $50.00. So, I sold the truck knowing that & that was a good selling point because of having a warranty with a used truck. I call the warranty company up today to set up the transfer & they inform me that the company is in bankrupcy court as of June 9 & they will not transfer or cancel any policies until its settled... which could be forever basically & if they are bankrupt I will not get any money. I have never received anything about this & come to find out I have not had a honored policy since January of this year & if I had to have "warranty work" done I would have had to pay for it myself & hope for reimbursment. I have written the BBB & filed a complaint but that don't get me back my $1247.00 back. I am trying to cancel it & if I ever do recieve a check it would be prorated to today (cuz thats when I found out they are scamming me, what a crock of crap) & would be for $564... but no telling if I will ever get that back. I talked to the guy that is buying my truck & we agreed on taking off $700 for not having a warranty, which we both feel is fair. I am so pissed, sorry for the longevity of this message but I wanted people to know to not deal with these warranty companies online or at least with this scam company www.warrantygold.com

:mad: :cuss: :mad: :cuss: :mad: