PDA

View Full Version : Last year for Sparta GNCC??

remlapr
09-16-2003, 08:23 AM
Does anybody know if this will be the last year they have a GNCC at Sparta? I had heard this might be the case awhile back because of all of the expansion for the race track up there???

spincr4hire
09-16-2003, 09:02 AM
you should run it too, then!;)

bradley300
09-16-2003, 09:28 AM
i beleive so. i think host usualy sign a 3 yr. contract, wich is up with the guy that owns sparta. this is not the same track that they ran the first year though, it is on the completly opposite side of the exit as the speedway and original track. the track was moved for last years race b/c of speedway expansion, wich is the same track as this year.

remlapr
09-16-2003, 09:49 AM
Bradley - how long is the track? Some guys up at Haspin that run the nationals were telling me it's pretty much just one trail at Sparta and that it's a blast because it's not all rutted out (like Haspin was) because it's never rode on. Everyone was having problems getting off course at Haspin because it's such a maze of trails back there and they were saying you don't have to worry about that either. If this is going to be my one and only chance to run it I may have to go for it. If thing turn ugly I guess you guys can just send me a post card from h/m the following week LOL. But I survived Haspin last weekend so I'll probably be O.K.

bradley300
09-16-2003, 09:56 AM
yep, the track is the only trail out there, you know when your off the course. its a great track to, kinda tight, lots of hills(big ones) and creek crossings. you really should come

the track is only used for this weekend also, no ruts unless it gets muddy (last year was not muddy like the mags said, it was perfect)

i think the track is 9 miles long

remlapr
09-16-2003, 10:03 AM
I'm coming down there either way - just don't know if I'm going to run or not. Are the hills steep and rough, or just big and long?

remlapr
09-16-2003, 11:46 AM
Rico - help a brotha out. You ran there last year didn't you?

09-16-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
Rico - help a brotha out. You ran there last year didn't you?

I didn't run there last year.. I"m lookin forward to this one though..should be a ton of fun especially with it not being rutted up.. Remlaper come on down and race man.. Haspin acres course is a big joke. I think you'd enjoy running at this place.. Heck any GNCC for that matter.

Braff1
09-17-2003, 12:54 AM
I am wanting to race but am in need of some money. Anyone want to help a brother out. I am even considering selling my SKS to help raise the money.