PDA

View Full Version : Loving Ohlins

4TraxRider
09-15-2003, 07:00 PM
I finally got my first ride on my Z since I got the Ohlins supension. Went to Rausch Creek on sunday, and all I can say is that I've never ridden anything as nice. Took about an hour to set up, and it's almost to plush. Every jump it uses all of its travel, but doesn't bottom out, and just inspires confidence. I just had to say this, really, take a look at Ohlins before you make your mind up on new shocks, you wont be disapointed.

sparky450AR
09-15-2003, 07:44 PM
my cousin has ohlins on his banshee and they feel almost as good as my axis...better than my elka

Ballistic Atv
09-15-2003, 08:43 PM
What model of ohlins did you buy? Are they longtravel? What length a-arms are you using.? I wasn't aware that ohlins had a zero preload shock. Did you have a company convert them to zps for you? Or did you buy them that way from ohlins?

lil400exman
09-16-2003, 07:53 AM
c-dale ohlins i heard that they were the lowest end you could get there were better ohlins that you could buy and i guess those are it i have heard that high end ohlins with a pro action rebuild is up there with tcs axis and some even view them as topping it. i still have yet to see ohlins preform that well i do not doubt you but i havent ridden a bike like that..........:)

Pappy
09-16-2003, 08:07 AM
i like ohlins alot. and correct...the stock cdale ohlins are good but not great. a builder such as pro action can make them way sweet. glad to hear you like your ohlins:)

4TraxRider
09-16-2003, 10:30 AM
www.propilotracing.com, click on the box that says OHLINS. Thats got all the info you need, and the guys there are great and really know what they are talking about. I got the race shop duals, reg travel, 0 preload, with piggyback rezzies,on +3 LSR arms. Can't ask for anything better. I really wasn't aware of Ohlins being as good as they were, but the set I have at least are more than I could ever ask for.

Atreyu
09-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Ive got ohlins on my banshee...they seem pretty stiff...the guy who I bought it from weighed like 210 lbs..I only weigh 150. Should I send them out to be changed?

4TraxRider
09-17-2003, 07:01 PM
Yeah definately. They'll be that much better, or try backing off the compression a little or loosen the spring preload rings.

sprtrx300ex
11-13-2003, 04:20 PM
CAn stock Cannondale shocks fit a 400ex?

YamaWarr0121
11-13-2003, 05:20 PM
4trax rider im about to sell my ohlins off m ycdale to a fellow z400 rider, what did you have to do to them if an ything to make them work? ie cut bushings/ change them, or anythign like that?