PDA

View Full Version : Shocks, TCS,ELKA

1smokin400ex
09-15-2003, 03:25 PM
What are the best shocks for the money?

ELKAS or TCS

They are going to be on +2 +1 a-arms, and used for MX.

With Gear on I weigh 227 lbs.
Thanks for your opinion..

09-15-2003, 03:40 PM
i have no experience with elka but i know you will be happy with either one..my vote goes to TCS..i had em on my ex and loved them

nacs400ex
09-15-2003, 05:37 PM
I really liked my Elkas, good bang for the buck IMO. But I have heard from a few people that have had TCS, is they are only a glorified Works, because they are basically the same? I dont have personal experience with them so I aint gunna knock them, but thats just what I heard.:confused:

Rip_Tear
09-15-2003, 05:50 PM
I don't think you can really get a bad shock, if its rebuildable. The only thing that can be "bad" about them is the set up...

Greg Z
09-15-2003, 07:10 PM
TCS is better there vaulving is a lot better and you can get them for a REALLY good price pm bansheebc on bluetraxx about it;)

nacs400ex
09-16-2003, 01:39 PM
well I wouldnt diss elka cause my valving is perfect, so I dont know what some people are talking about. These are from splash'n dirt and I they valved them awesome!

OCCRA288
09-16-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
I really liked my Elkas, good bang for the buck IMO. But I have heard from a few people that have had TCS, is they are only a glorified Works, because they are basically the same? I dont have personal experience with them so I aint gunna knock them, but thats just what I heard.:confused:

These people had the old style TCS shocks. The old ones did use the works bodies but the new ones, are pretty decent from what I've heard.

Other than this I vote Take Cover, I can feel the flame throwers heating as we speak.

Moto440
09-16-2003, 02:46 PM
I think either would be a zillion times better than stock. Right now most pro and national riders are running PEP or Custom Axis. I have the stock Ohlins on my Moto, and I am happy with them. I would agree with the statement that all are pretty much the same. Just depends on features and set-up.

nacs400ex
09-16-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by OCCRA288
These people had the old style TCS shocks. The old ones did use the works bodies but the new ones, are pretty decent from what I've heard.

Other than this I vote Take Cover, I can feel the flame throwers heating as we speak.

alright thanks for clearing that up :)

Isnt doug gust running Elka ?? :blah:

400exBro
09-16-2003, 04:09 PM
wouldn't you run elkas if they gave them to you for free??

i am not saying that elka is giving them for free, but i am sure that he gets an awsome deal!!!!:eek: ;)

linkcmd88
09-16-2003, 04:11 PM
ya he is

Moto440
09-16-2003, 05:18 PM
I can guarentee Gust has not paid for anything on his quads in a long time. He does not even own most of them.

nacs400ex
09-16-2003, 05:38 PM
I dont care if he gets them for free or not, Doug Gust could get sponsored by any shock company he wanted, hes an awesome rider. Obviously the Elkas are working good for him or he wouldnt be using them. I not trying to be a prick, but now that Elka has gotten the "valving issue" away, which I never had a problem with, I think they are an excellent shock. I dont wanna wait for my shocks when I am shelling out large amounts of money. I also dont wanna pay big $$ for Axis. Elkas only take like 2 weeks to get, so I aint complaining, and it only costs $20 CDN to ship them back. I would try Axis or PEP but like I wrote above.

Dave400ex
09-16-2003, 08:58 PM
I have Elka's and really like them. My brother has TCS and likes them. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I would say Elka has stepped it up some and is getting better. I think next shocks I will get Elka again, or check out Axis.

trx400ex
09-17-2003, 02:29 PM
I just got my NEW STYLE TCS, quadrate, i have ran everything, the only thing better than these wer my old PEP ZPSs they were just a TAD better....... But really I paid far less for TCS than i have for anyother shock before, and they feel better than most... I would go TCS..oh yeah the wait is only about a week

400exBro
09-17-2003, 03:05 PM
Craig i don't know if you say but Bob Dinaley( i don't know if spelt his name right, sorry) blew his rear elka right apart at RJ the last race... he had the herrmann narrow frame esr350 power valve... that exact same thing happened to Reath at RAT track... so that is 2 people that have had the same problem... and i am sure there have been more...

i am not dissing elka becuase i will probably be getting a set, i just want to point out that they still have problems will continue to strugle for a bit...

forum
09-17-2003, 03:08 PM
there are reasons why those shocks blew out. They just didn't blow out for no reason.

nacs400ex
09-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Carl you got to me before I could even say that.

What would you say if you saw a set of Axis blow out Timo? Chit happens, and it all happens for a reason.