PDA

View Full Version : rail forum

exrider123
09-15-2003, 02:50 PM
didnt know were to put this but me and my dad are thinking about starting a street legal rail project. Does anyone know of any good rail sites and forums? cause ill probally need all the help i can get and has anyone built a rail before any tips.

daddogrider
09-16-2003, 02:21 PM
My dads friend, when I was a kid, built one, and he had the biggest corvette engine and built it low and light with good strong steel (chrom moly)

It was pretty fun and could wheely on the street down the block and he had 4 aircraft landing lighs on it (illegal)

but he had it legal fror california,

Since then one guy out here built one with regular steel, but a huge engine on it and had to make it four wheel drive cause it was so heavy he got stuck all the time. by the time the mony was spent, it was extremely heavy, 4 wheel just dug into the sand, and our stock z400 could beat it even though he had a 460 motor in it.

so, I guess, I would suggest you go to GLAMIS for a weekend (thanksgiving) and just go and watch them in the long run you will save a lot of money, talk to the rail guys see what runs best and then ask him what he did and copy it.

Best motors are those subaru turbos, and very few pipes and poles SMALL SIZE is best. 3/4 size is twice the speed.

anyway that is all I know, I stick with quads.

actionshooter
09-16-2003, 09:22 PM
Go to www.GlamisDunes.com ,you will find some info there. Good luck
Steve