PDA

View Full Version : Help with what to get for power

brawley_boy
09-15-2003, 03:03 AM
i have a 2001 400EX. i recently put on a Doma Exause, and a K&N filter, i also have MSR bars. i am going to purchase a White Brothers Rev Box this week. i was curious in what i could do to get my bike to have more power and be faster and quicker. i was thinking about maybe a new sproket, front and back...what advice do you have for me? also what type of paddles are the best, i like the V-shaped paddles because i do a lot of quick turns and thngs like that?
also, where is the cheapest place to buy these things

skidplate
09-15-2003, 04:12 AM
Welcome,
First start by letting that new pipe work. Need to let more air in by removing air box lid or cutting holes in lid. Then put a bigger main jet and pilot jet in your carb. Main jet to start. Go from there. I bought my jets from honda dealer. Smaller front sprocket will give you more torque off the bottom but rob the top end.
Don't take your lid off till you rejet it, so you don't run lean.
JB

brawley_boy
09-15-2003, 04:49 AM
ohh yea i forgot to say, when i had the pipe put on i also had it rejeted. so now, i was also thinking about doing that cutting out the top of the airbox and putting a prefilter on the k&n, would it then need to be rejeted again??? that new pipe only has about a half an hour on it right now and i have noticed a BIG difference from stock. how long does it take for it "to work" as you say?
--i was just curious what else i could do in in the future. i dont necesarily want to sacrafice top end power, for low end power wich i have a lot of already, so besides the rev box which will help out by letting the engine rev higher, what could i do to gain more top end? what about instead of getting a smaller front get a bigger front? what about the rear sproket? what else would you recomend????