PDA

View Full Version : Big Gun Hype

01-30-2002, 08:00 PM
:devil

IS ALL THE HYPE ABOUT THE BIG GUN EXHAUST TRUE? IT HAS GOTTEN RAVE REVIEWS , BUT IS IT ALL JUST HYPE . IS THIS SET UP ALL THAT IT IS MADE OUT TO BE. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST "BANG FOR YOUR BUCK" FOR AN EXHAUST FOR THE 400EX.

400MXer
01-30-2002, 08:38 PM
THE BIG GUN?

Are you sure your reading the right things. Every dyno i've seen, has the big gun even, or worse than stock.

canadian400ex
01-30-2002, 08:56 PM
I love my Big Gun slip-on. And as far as the dyno's go, it is right in the mix of things. It has great low to mid power. In the dirt wheels 400 ex pipe shootout they said that it pulled the best hole-shot out of all the slip-ons they tested: even over the "all-mighty" white bros E-series.
Also it is one of the lighter pipes.

01-30-2002, 10:39 PM
I'd have to say the E-series is a better pipe for your money just because of it ability to be tuned to your other mods. There's another site under the links in here that did a review on pipes and the e-series spanked the rest... sorry dont remember which site.:confused: There are other tuneable pipes as well out there. Can the big gun be tuned?

ChadEXer
01-31-2002, 07:19 AM
I had a Big Gun full system on my 400 before I got this Yoshimura full system. The Yoshimura made a huge power increase over the Big Gun. I think the Big Gun looks and sounds great but I wouldnt buy another one! I think its because the headpipes on the Gun are so small. The Yoshi has much bigger head pipes.

Dave400ex
01-31-2002, 12:06 PM
I don`t think the Big Gun is as good as everybody thinks it is. I would get a Sparks, White Brothers, or TC Pipe.