PDA

View Full Version : Who has a HMF pipe?

REDRULES
09-14-2003, 05:54 PM
I would like to here from those that have this pipe. What jetting and carb adjustments you have made, and when (or if) you modified the air box how did you do it. The HMF factory told me 165 main, and 2nd clip from the bottom. I am just curious as to what you guys have come with and when you modified your airbox how you adjusted your jetting.
It runs fine now....just looking for a tweak!!

I live in north Texas, elevation (I think) less than 500ft.

Thanks

Pappy
09-14-2003, 06:13 PM
i run a full hmf system...155 main..airscrew 2 1/2 turns out...needle in the stock clip position...no problems here. im below 3000 feet sea level

sharpshooter
09-14-2003, 06:51 PM
I run a HMF with a FMF hi flow header,no air box lid,k&n,and my carb has the dynojet jet kit[165 main,42 pilot,needle clip is in center,and the mix screw is 4 turns out].The dynojet needle and jet sizing numbers are different than stock.This is all on a stock motor.It runs great.

09-14-2003, 07:37 PM
im up in the mountains and im runin a 165 main and a 40 pilot and bout 3.5 turns out on the air fuel mixture and one postion down from stock . Its a little rich at wot but thats better than lean but i got a question for u guys. Ive prollay put about 8 hours on this slip on and when i get done there is smoke coming out of it its kinda whiteish. someone tell me why this is happening.