PDA

View Full Version : will it effect the steering?

joe250
01-30-2002, 06:50 PM
I have worn out the stock tires on my 250ex and was needing to replace them. I was wondering if 20in back tires with 23in fronts would screw up my steering? Also any suggestions on good trail tires that work decent in mud thanx in advance.

Crypted1
01-31-2002, 12:50 AM
Which Holeshots are we talking about in this poll?? MX not good for either, XCT good all around 6ply very durable.

joe250
01-31-2002, 06:35 AM
i was talkin about the xcts

2k2-300exnj
01-31-2002, 02:03 PM
i liked my xcts on my old 250ex and now i have a 300ex with rear razrs and i like them more because they slide better and get a little better traction also i have them in 6 ply like the xcts were but i havent tried them in mud yet i know the xcts are worthy for mud though
as for the 20in rear and 23in ffronts my uncle has 18in rear tamers and 22 inch front fast treckers and it turns and handles great but at times looks weird but he has a +4 swingarm so it isnt noticable any more but it handles very well
i would put 20 rears on the 250ex if u werent goin to put motor mods on it because then u might need higher gearing and u cant change sprockets so u will need taller tires but if u are going to put more than a pipe and jet kit and filter i would stay 22in

Ex'rMike
01-31-2002, 07:42 PM
Go with the 20 inch Holeshot XC. They don't have as much sidebite and let you slide around the corners better. As far as front tires go. I just ordered the 20 inch MX tire. The 21 XC actually measures almost 23. Which causes the bike to push in the corners. So I do not recommend them. Good Luck
I will let you know how well I like the MX fronts.
ExerMike

R-Crazy
01-31-2002, 09:27 PM
i live in AZ and ride is medium to hard pack dirt. what tire would hook up and hold up?

dave

02-01-2002, 09:29 PM
Joe250.... I know when I run my 23" fronts with my 20" rears, I have more push than when I run my 22" rears. But on the positive note, I have more rear traction. When you raise the front of your bike or lower the rear, you gain more traction, but loose some steering, and when you lower your front and raise your rear, you gain more steering and loose some traction.

I remember Dirt Wheels did a write up on sport tires back in their October, 2001 issue. They stated the Pure Sports Bandits feature a tread pattern that is a combination of sport and mud tire. They also stated that the tire was the heaviest of the bunch, and that the tires may slow down an underpowered atv. Dirt Wheels stated that the ITP Holeshots are a good all around tire, and even descent in the mud....but the XCT are also on the heavy side.

Hope this helps

skull
02-03-2002, 04:24 AM
I voted for the bandits, they slide well, hook up when needed. not to sure about the mud, haven't rode in too much mud. my only complaint is that they're heavy, but they should be bullit proof.

harebounder
02-04-2002, 09:12 AM
I ran bandit xc on the front of my banshee last year for gncc racing and i loved them. This year i am running razor's all around on my 400 ex but if i don't like the fronts i'll be switching and putting those bandits from my banshee on.