PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Haspin tomorrow

cdalejef
09-13-2003, 08:40 PM
I think me, rowlrag and WOOLIN are gonna make it.

remlapr
09-13-2003, 11:05 PM
Me (Ryan), Braff1(Dan), and Rancher1(Steve) from kentuckyriders and maybe a couple others from kentuckyriders are going to be there. We'll look for the quadshop trailer and come by and say hi. Just try not to run over me when you lap me :D

09-14-2003, 07:15 AM
:mad:

cdalejef
09-14-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
Me (Ryan), Braff1(Dan), and Rancher1(Steve) from kentuckyriders and maybe a couple others from kentuckyriders are going to be there. We'll look for the quadshop trailer and come by and say hi. Just try not to run over me when you lap me :D Now I wouldn't do that!:)

remlapr
09-14-2003, 09:53 PM
Haspin was a mud fest today. Right when we lined up it started pouring and didn't stop for about 45 minutes. It made the course near unridable for us mortals. Jeff on the other hand won the Pro class (and overall) by 14 minutes someone told me.

remlapr
09-14-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Now I wouldn't do that!:)

I was major stuck on the first lap for about 20 minutes and saw you coming to lap me so I waived you over to the right, you could have went to the left or right of where i was stuck. The first guy that came up behind you that tried to go left did a full flip over the bars and landed in the mud about 1ft from where I was standing. I think he was running Pro on a yelllow Z.

deerman
09-15-2003, 07:27 AM
it always rains at haspin when there is a race a gravel parking lot would be sufficient for starters.I had a heck of a time trying to ride the offcambers in the slick clay it was all about control at this race thats for sure. got 4th in A class and Jeff still lapped me good run Jeff you were on it!I rode with you for a while then it got a little to slick for me.congrats to hareracer(tommy nash) on 1st place A class and to Corey Dunn,Scott Fleischhauer,Kevin Wall on 1st ,2nd and 3rd place back to the trailer.:rolleyes2

cdalejef
09-15-2003, 08:32 AM
Thanks deerman!!!

lshonda310
09-15-2003, 10:48 AM
My c-dale is all messed up, need a swingarm and possibly a rear shock!!! Almost couldn't get back to the trailer on them slick hills!! But I still had fun.

cdalejef
09-15-2003, 11:07 AM
how did it break?

deerman
09-15-2003, 11:19 AM
I think he was riding too slow!!

cdalejef
09-15-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by deerman
I think he was riding too slow!! :eek: UH OH....I'd hate to be in your shoes! :huh

hareracer
09-15-2003, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by deerman
it always rains at haspin when there is a race a gravel parking lot would be sufficient for starters.I had a heck of a time trying to ride the offcambers in the slick clay it was all about control at this race thats for sure. got 4th in A class and Jeff still lapped me good run Jeff you were on it!I rode with you for a while then it got a little to slick for me.congrats to hareracer(tommy nash) on 1st place A class and to Corey Dunn,Scott Fleischhauer,Kevin Wall on 1st ,2nd and 3rd place back to the trailer.:rolleyes2 [/Thanks deerman! you looked good your self. wish we could have road together longer. Itwould have been a blast.QUOTE]

hareracer
09-15-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by lshonda310
My c-dale is all messed up, need a swingarm and possibly a rear shock!!! Almost couldn't get back to the trailer on them slick hills!! But I still had fun. Thats what its all about. If you need help getting it ready for sparta let me know. If not I'll see you down there.

lshonda310
09-15-2003, 12:33 PM
I think he was riding too slow!!

at least I would have went 5 laps if I didn't break:blah:......or maybe not, jeff lapped quite a few, and some probably twice

deerman
09-15-2003, 12:37 PM
I'm glad jeff lapped me if I had to go another lap i might not of finshed thanks jeff

250EXstud
09-15-2003, 01:03 PM
Man that track was slick. It was fun though. glad i got to talk to ya Jeff and man you are fast! Is anyone goin to do the halloween 100 on November 1st?

remlapr
09-15-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 250EXstud
Man that track was slick. It was fun though. glad i got to talk to ya Jeff and man you are fast! Is anyone goin to do the halloween 100 on November 1st?

I think some of us will be back up there for the Halloween race. Were you riding a 250EX yesterday? My buddy was on a Orange Rancher 4x4 running in your class - he snapped an axle and lost a wheel - but he was running second in the class when it happened...

09-15-2003, 05:04 PM
I'm glad jeff lapped me if I had to go another lap i might not of finshed thanks jeff

He's a show off....:o

cdalejef
09-15-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Rico
He's a show off....:o :(

250EXstud
09-15-2003, 05:40 PM
dude he smashed my rear grab bar. I passed him and then i had to slow down cause of a guy in front of me and boom i thought i had gottin hit by a train. But that sucks about his axle i saw him that hole. I was doin ral good and had the lead for a sec but i crashed goin down one of those hills. I got third which sucks cause now i lost the champianship:grr: But hey i will take a second. I am goin to halloween race and i am racin my 400 and i am teamed up with my buddy who has a Z. We will eather run A. or Pro which ever had the least amount of people.

Braff1
09-15-2003, 10:32 PM
250EXSTUD, Was that you that flipped the 250ex going down the hill into the creek, just before coming up to the start line? If it was I saw you start down the hill and then I got sideways going down. I bounced the back wheel off a tree to straigten me up and look over at the bottom to see the 250 laying over the side. It looked like a nasty tumble. That race would have been good to have a video camera to record all the tumbles. Might have been good enough for some money. I have never seen slo many peeps flipping forward and backward in all my life.

remlapr
09-16-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by 250EXstud
dude he smashed my rear grab bar. I passed him and then i had to slow down cause of a guy in front of me and boom i thought i had gottin hit by a train. But that sucks about his axle i saw him that hole. I was doin ral good and had the lead for a sec but i crashed goin down one of those hills. I got third which sucks cause now i lost the champianship:grr: But hey i will take a second. I am goin to halloween race and i am racin my 400 and i am teamed up with my buddy who has a Z. We will eather run A. or Pro which ever had the least amount of people.

LMAO!!! Steve doesn't believe in brake pads...

250EXstud
09-16-2003, 04:17 PM
It may have been me man i flipped twice. the second time wasn't as bad as the first. The first was nasty. But you saw the second one it wasn't to bad but i couldn't get it rolled over but some guy stopped and helped.

remlapr
09-16-2003, 05:16 PM
I started judging how bad a hill was by how many quads were flipped over at the bottom LOL. I made the first lap without flipping but flipped twice in the first two miles of the second lap and called it a day because the big hills were still ahead. Coming back up the starting hill and into the check in tent my tires got so packed with clay-mud it was impossible to go anywhere. Here's a pic of Braff1's 400ex that his son rode in the race (if this works), check the tires:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/pe1a05f6a479de04e1dd1acb2c13b339a/fb1618de.jpg

09-16-2003, 05:20 PM
friggen glad i didn't go...:devil:

I've been up there in that nasty crap before and rode for 15 minutes..loaded up and drove the 2.5 hours back home... No tanks.....:scary:

250EXstud
09-16-2003, 06:45 PM
yeah at the end it was all about riding smart and finding different ways up the hills. Hey and did you guys check out that Lewis guys trailer and bike! It was awsome.

Braff1
09-16-2003, 07:06 PM
When you flipped on going down the hill into the creek I was the one on the predator that ask if you were ok. I seen the people coming over so I rode on. Glad to hear you are ok.

I didn't get to see anything after the race. I had to go find my son's friend who flipped messing up his throttle cable (stuck wfo) I had to ride it back to the truck with the it at 1/2 throttle. Made for an interesting trip back. thank goodnes for rev limiters

250exstud, if you have ever owned a honda utililty you would know that brakes are horrible on them. I personally don't think he did it on purpose. It may be a good reason to get a new rear grab bar.

I will be running the Halloween 100 also with my friend Jess Hamner. If you see us up there swing by and say hey.

250EXstud
09-16-2003, 07:11 PM
Ok i will. Hey iam notmad at that guy i know it was an accident its all part of racing. What class r u goin to run for the 100?

Braff1
09-16-2003, 08:48 PM
b class 4 stroke. You steppin up on the 400?

jesshamner
09-16-2003, 11:31 PM
I can't wait for this Halloween race. Dan, you better bring your A game. LOL. We need to do well. Hope to see you all there.

Braff1
09-17-2003, 12:40 AM
Jess, did you see the pic of the Hole shot....... Yes the predator was up there leading the way. I think I finally got the starting thing down. Key in on position, Kill switch in the run position. Tranny in 1st gear, clucth pulled in. Starter button ready. Just keep the banners away from me and I'll be alright.

250EXstud
09-17-2003, 07:03 AM
Yeah man i will be on the 400. ARe you the guy that took at all the banners that one race?

Braff1
09-17-2003, 02:06 PM
That was me. I don't know if I should admit to that but hey when the pack comes in on you giving you no where to go it happens.

jesshamner
09-17-2003, 03:03 PM
LOL. Dan's your man when it comes to taking out the banners. I tried to let him in but it was too late. He has had a rough time on the starts. Hopefully he will do a little better on the new predator.