PDA

View Full Version : YFZ vs a Cannondale

Chanman420q
09-13-2003, 08:08 PM
I want to know how the 2 would go head to head with performance and handling. Im gunna be getting something new this spring and ive basicly narrowed it down. IM just wondering which is going to have the best mix of it all. Im hoping i can get some feedback from someone who has both. Thanx guys

KrazyKid300ex
09-14-2003, 05:42 AM
i can tell you this. My friend has a C dale Cannibal with Houser +3 a arms, walsh stem, LSR axle,Hipers and he races in some expert classes. He took my yfz for a ride stock and he liked it. As a matter of fact he is getting rid of the dale for the yfz. Only thing is that the yfz seat sucks. it is really hard

Greg Z
09-14-2003, 05:14 PM
I would go with YFZ cannandale is out of business and yamaha will never go out of business... i knwo quite a few people that sold there dales for the new yamaha go to www.YFZcentral.com to get ur answers! and the videos will make u want one badly:p

Chanman420q
09-14-2003, 07:49 PM
anyone else with personal experience

AlaskaSpeed
09-14-2003, 07:56 PM
I love my YFZ, the thing is the closest thing in performance to a Cannondale that I have ridden. I would call the YFZ and Cannondale so close in every area that it would be too close to call...
I have no regrets though, the Dale served me well for 2 seasons and I found a worthy replacement in the YFZ.........JIM

Chanman420q
09-14-2003, 07:58 PM
thanx thats the kind of reply i was lookin for:)

mbiigambler
09-15-2003, 08:22 AM
Hey Chanman,
I was asking myself this same question. I relied on many people's input including alaskaspeed. Its sounds like they are pretty close. I guess the biggest question you may have to ask yourself is how big is your checkbook? There are some nice cannondales with a lot of goodies going awful cheap. Most cannondalers have told me if you have done all the updates on the cannondale it is a very reliable machine (again not my experience but just we I'v heard from many c-dalers).
Sure, there may be a little more risk going with the cannondale, but is worth paying probably double what you pay to get a yami for comparable performance, and its to early to tell how reliable the yami is going to be. I made my decision......waiting for my 03 cannibal le loaded with a bunch of goodies!

jmoney45
09-15-2003, 09:56 AM
Where is everyone getting these great deals on new cannondales? I'd look into it if the deal was right.

Chanman420q
09-15-2003, 01:33 PM
unless i find an amazing deal on the cannondales, i think im gunna stick with the YFZ

Ballistic Atv
09-15-2003, 04:02 PM
I would say that if you have a good mechanical knowledge and like tinkering with your atv, then the cannondale is a very good option. Even though cannondale is out of business, many companies are still making all the vital engine parts and ATK just bought all the cannondale inventory and parts so you can go to one place to get all the replacements. The cannondales also come stock with an aluminum frame which is the strongest frame ever to grace an atv and a fuel injected engine. I have never ridden a new yfz 450, but my cannibal out performs every built 400-440ex I have ever ridden. Once you perform all the updates to the engine, change oil and filters every 10 hours, and make sure all bolts and fasteners are tight, then you will have a very reliable quad that will last a long time.
You can find all the info you could ever want on cannondale at the following websites www.cannondaleriders.com and www.cannondaler.com

Also, you can find a brand new 2003 cannibal for under $4,300 dollars OTD, thats how much I paid for mine a couple of weeks ago. You just have to find the right dealership.

jamiesel
09-18-2003, 02:04 AM
I have both machines. I prefer the dale but the yamaha has nice power. I think the Dale handles better and the throttle responce is unreal with the FI. Yammie is a bit cramped and stiff.