PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Day!!!!!! (lost job)

JustRace
09-13-2003, 04:21 PM
I USED to work at a gym, i got fired today, heres why.

Yesturday a customer came in to pick something up that he had ordered specificully for him. Well he payed for it, then someone pointed out that he was getting screwed on price. So that was the first thing. Then after that he looked in the second box and he told me that it wasn't even what he ordered. So since he hadn't actually opened any of the products I gave him his money back and he gave me the stuff back. Then he asked me for a calculator, i gave it to him. He then figured out that he was REALLY getting screwed. The gym was trying to sell something to him for more than what he could have bought it for right over the counter from me.

I told the manager about it and she got all pissed off at me about it saying I shouldn't have given his money back, even though he expressed to me that it wasn't what he had ordered.

So while at work today the guy comes in and leaves the manager a note. Stating his side of the story, and saying that the gym was trying to rip him off. He is probably the most respected member of the gym and has spent the most money there, so why would the gym want to rip this guy off?

Well I was scheduled to work until 5pm tonight, but the manager came in and said i could go. I talked to her for a couple minutes and she said that starting in Oct they were gonna take a day of work away from me and give it to another person. I only work two days a week and every other saturday, but i'm a poor college student and need the money. Well when I was driving home I was talking to my gf on the phone when the gym called me. So I called the gym when I got home. She says to me, "shane things are not working out." I said, "why not." she then states that she is unhappy about me giving the guy his money back, which I have talked to other people since then and they have said it was the right thing to do. I asked her how that has anything of importance on me getting fired. She accused me of discussing prices with the guy which i never did. The guy figured it out himself along with another guy that he was getting ripped off. So in general she said I losed my job because I did the right thing.

I then called the guy and told him that i lost my job because of this incident. He then assured me he would get my job back and that I should look into the 'unlawful discharge.' Well he calls the gym on 3-way, and the gym tells him that they did not fire me because of that reason. So they flat out lied to him, which he knows. He said he is going to speak to the owner for me. This guy owns 5 other business and said its BS on how they treated me and that if i hadn't given him his money back on that day that he would have gotten it back on another day.

Well now i am a full time college student with no job, I have classes 3 days a week that i commute to. I am moving in 3 months after this semester so its gonna be impossible to find a job for 3 months in this already terrible economy.

That is my day/start to the weekend. How is yours going?

ewalker302
09-13-2003, 04:30 PM
I got fired friday

If it makes ya feel any better.

I got lots more time to ride now.
I got a 86 trx 250, a 86250SX, and a 85 honda 50 scooter that I got time to fix now.

Actually Im kinda happy about it.

:bandit:

09-13-2003, 04:32 PM
I'm having an excellent day! thank you.

09-13-2003, 04:44 PM
Hey man first off, what a unprofessional ****** for calling you and firing you.

that is NOT the way to let someone go, your suppose to do it in person.(if you have any cooth)

second off, the customer is ALWAYS right, she is out of line being mad at you for givin the customer back his money, epscially since it was the wrong part. shes got some nerve.

If iw as in your area I would DONKEY punch that ******!!!

oh yea, WHat up brotha;)

The440Exorcist
09-13-2003, 04:50 PM
Minesgonna suck starting tommorrow, the "big" boss is coming in off medical leave to yell at everyone individually. Me being the person I am already have a few things to say in my defense.I almost wish she would fire me so I would have n excuse to find another job:devil: . If you want a really crappy job. Come to the four points sheraton hotel in Greensburg, Pa. You'll bust your butt for 6.02 an hour:ermm: . Sorry to hear about your luck tho

Pappy
09-13-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by photograph
I'm having an excellent day! thank you.

for some reason....you need the boot.:grr: maybe its the fact that all 8 of your posts have been BS. cya

Nausty
09-13-2003, 05:08 PM
things arn't so great here either!:(

AtvMxRider
09-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
for some reason....you need the boot.:grr: maybe its the fact that all 8 of your posts have been BS. cya

Cya Mofo........:devil:

LTandRaptorider
09-13-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

Good! ;) Last thing that guy needs is to hear from a smart @ss like that when he's already down. Hopefully things will look up for you, sounds like those are people you don't want to work for anyway.

440Exorcist, I live in Delmont, give me a shout sometime to go riding.

The440Exorcist
09-13-2003, 06:59 PM
LTandRaptorider, I'll give ya a shout as soon as I get the quad back together here in a few months. I'm in the process of building the motor up a bit more, and figured i'd do all the mods at once while I have the motor ripped apart. But i'll let you know when get the quad back together.

Erc

Narly R
09-13-2003, 07:15 PM
I feel for ya man! Good job Pappy!;) I want a job so bad! like an easy one, after school, NO WEEKENDS! Im going to find the PERFECT one!:rolleyes: :p

Hope ya get another job, its hard to find jobs now days!:( :ermm:

JustRace
09-13-2003, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the support guys. I'll have to pimp the EX for some extra income. She really puts out. lol

JOEX
09-13-2003, 08:07 PM
Sounds like you got the short end ofthe stick. At least you have the right guy to back you up. If you get your job back and have the same boss she might make your job so miserable that you will quit. Maybe you can get another postion at the same place. Just something to think about.

Good luck, Joe

JOEX
09-13-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by ewalker302
I got fired friday

If it makes ya feel any better.

I got lots more time to ride now.
I got a 86 trx 250, a 86250SX, and a 85 honda 50 scooter that I got time to fix now.

Actually Im kinda happy about it.

So, are you going to be a freeloader now?:devil: :D J/K

I wish I could afford to get fired......:blah:

Joe

JustRace
09-13-2003, 08:26 PM
there is only one position at the gym, i worked by myself on my shift. I have more than one guy backing me too though, there were a couple people saying that he was getting screwed. The guy they are screwing said he is gonna talk to the owner also and see if he can't get a change in management because he said he could get them with bait and switch. They told him one thing, he ordered it, the right stuff didn't come, now they said they can't order it and changed the price on him.

DaveEX7
09-13-2003, 08:34 PM
Dont worry about it too much bro, theres hundreds of other jobs out there that are just waiting to hire new people, this one just went bad on ya.

LTandRaptorider
09-13-2003, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by The440Exorcist
[B]LTandRaptorider, I'll give ya a shout as soon as I get the quad back together here in a few months. I'm in the process of building the motor up a bit more, and figured i'd do all the mods at once while I have the motor ripped apart. But i'll let you know when get the quad back together.

Sounds good, I'll probably be tearing the LT back down then to get the frame powder coated, but I have the Raptor for backup. Me and rider11x are heading out to Rostraver for a while tomorrow. Have you done any riding at Sony, or the ash piles at Hunker?

LTandRaptorider
09-13-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by JustRace
Thanks for the support guys. I'll have to pimp the EX for some extra income. She really puts out. lol

Hmmm... I'm about ready for some strange... :devil:

JTRtrx250r
09-13-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by photograph
I'm having an excellent day! thank you. not no more is he:D

Just Race...sounds like ya did a decent thing and it sounds like the guy knows it too,but thats beat to hear,but remember tho..the more time you spend roughing it in college..the stronger it makes ya and the rewards are greater;) you'll have another job in no time..:cool:

chucked
09-13-2003, 10:06 PM
for some reason....you need the boot. maybe its the fact that all 8 of your posts have been BS. cya

he was also known as paper plate, who got booted last week sometime

my day was worse in my opinion. I lost my best friend (my truck) in an accident. im gonna get screwed in it because I got more money in it then its worth. so later on I looked into my wallet to get some crap out for the insurance people and i saw my credit card was gone. i log onto the internet and check out my account and they spent all the money in it. This year has sucked for me, to start it off mf g/f cheated on my, ive been in 3 accident now (none my fault) I broke my ankle in a 4 wheeling accident. And im trying my best not to let it hurt me. but im lookin at it this way: for every action theres an equal and opposite reaction. and i think the year 2004 should be great.

hondafox440
09-13-2003, 10:32 PM
We got our asses kicked in football on Friday (41-24), so we had a 3 hour practice Saturday morning, in which I dislocated and sprained my shoulder. Fun :grr:

400grl
09-13-2003, 10:37 PM
Even if you got fired over it, you still did the right thing. And that's more important than a job, believe it or not. Karma is a b**ch, and it's going to come back on the chick that fired you....and it will come back in a good way on you, too - just the way it works! :) ;)

I got fired from my job when I was 8 months pregnant and single (this was a looooong time ago!) because the biyatch that fired me didn't like me for some reason (although I was the best data entry person they company had ever had (according to my supervisor!), and I typed circles around everyone else there!) SO.......she did the SAME THING....called me Friday when I got home from work and said "I just don't think we can keep you here, Corry.....since you are pregnant and all, you should just file for unemployment and then you won't even have to work". Wish I had recorded that little talk!!! To make a long story short.....I got another job the following week, and she and her boss and his partner all went to jail the following month for fraud and embezzlement....turns out they were selling counterfeit roadside services with their counterfeit auto insurance!!!! Crazy world we live in.......

I hope you get your job back if that's what you want....everything will work out OK. Who knows...maybe you will get a better job somewhere else that will lead to a whole lot of good things.... ;)

Just keep doing the right thing.......not enough people do that anymore!! :) Doing what is right is never wrong.

The440Exorcist
09-13-2003, 11:31 PM
[i]Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Sounds good, I'll probably be tearing the LT back down then to get the frame powder coated, but I have the Raptor for backup. Me and rider11x are heading out to Rostraver for a while tomorrow. Have you done any riding at Sony, or the ash piles at Hunker? [/B]

I haven't been behind the sony plant, I hear there is a nice long straightaway back there im eager to try out. I haven't been to the ashpiles in hunker, where in hunker are they?:macho

ewalker302
09-14-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
So, are you going to be a freeloader now?:devil: :D J/K

I wish I could afford to get fired......:blah:

Joe

Nah: I got enough cash + tons of junk (old 30's-70's) new & used auto parts to sell on ebay to make it 4 a good while if I have 2.

So no freeloadin for me.

I needed a vacation anyway.

JustRace
09-14-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
Even if you got fired over it, you still did the right thing. And that's more important than a job, believe it or not. Karma is a b**ch, and it's going to come back on the chick that fired you....and it will come back in a good way on you, too - just the way it works! :) ;)

I got fired from my job when I was 8 months pregnant and single (this was a looooong time ago!) because the biyatch that fired me didn't like me for some reason (although I was the best data entry person they company had ever had (according to my supervisor!), and I typed circles around everyone else there!) SO.......she did the SAME THING....called me Friday when I got home from work and said "I just don't think we can keep you here, Corry.....since you are pregnant and all, you should just file for unemployment and then you won't even have to work". Wish I had recorded that little talk!!! To make a long story short.....I got another job the following week, and she and her boss and his partner all went to jail the following month for fraud and embezzlement....turns out they were selling counterfeit roadside services with their counterfeit auto insurance!!!! Crazy world we live in.......

I hope you get your job back if that's what you want....everything will work out OK. Who knows...maybe you will get a better job somewhere else that will lead to a whole lot of good things.... ;)

Just keep doing the right thing.......not enough people do that anymore!! :) Doing what is right is never wrong.

I'm not really worried about getting the job back because of the pay. What just pissed me off is how it was done, and for the reason. Heres some more funny stuff about it. One day the managers daughter calls me because she works the second shift. She calls me and says i'll be 15-20 minutes late, i said no problem. Once she comes in, a half an hour late, she says sorry i was getting my nails done :huh

I live in the welfare capital of MI, i'm not poor (because of my parents) but there is nothing to do around here. I go to a community college so its not really college life ya know. I liked working at the gym because I just lifted weights all day long. lol

I'm sure I will have no problem finding a job once i move but there is absolutely nothing around here to do.

I need to look for a computer job. I have two years of computer programming, computer information systems, and I can type 60+wpm.

QuadJunkies
09-14-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by BeeeRock!
Hey man first off, what a unprofessional ****** for calling you and firing you.

that is NOT the way to let someone go, your suppose to do it in person.(if you have any cooth)

second off, the customer is ALWAYS right, she is out of line being mad at you for givin the customer back his money, epscially since it was the wrong part. shes got some nerve.

If iw as in your area I would DONKEY punch that ******!!!

oh yea, WHat up brotha;) What Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So they letting you post here again huh??? I agree.....I would have sl;apped a hairlip on that women after that:grr: