PDA

View Full Version : totalled my truck today

chucked
09-13-2003, 03:42 PM
I just pulled out of my drive way and started going down the street when some lady (ill edit it for this, ill just say "lady") came flying up the road in the opposite direction, fishtailed and then came over on my side, i tried to duck into the place across the street but to no avail. The motor has 12,000 miles on it, just had the bedliner sprayed (havent even hauled anything yet), interior was immaculate, leather seats (I reappoulstered(sp) them myself), just had the windows tinted, the engine compartment looked brand new (everything practically is) about 500 miles on the tires (i got nice michelins), had a few hundred in the stereo (i had custom installed speakers in the doors and by your head) the truck had power locks and windows, tilt wheel, 117k on the body but it still shined, only a few scratches here and there, I got out of the truck and fell to the ground, i hit my head on the windshield and i couldnt balance myself, ill be alright I think, im gettin ready to get screwed over by their insurance company, figure I just put 4 grand into it to keep it running through college and its only worth about $2500. I loved that truck. you can see it in my avatar and here:

http://pwoodw6715.com/chuckstruck.htm

sickmojave
09-13-2003, 03:52 PM
Dang dude that's to bad. hope your OK. Maybe you could sue the "lady" for the difference in value:confused:

chucked
09-13-2003, 04:09 PM
i told my insurance company and I have receipts handy, im gonna let them battle it out if they cant work it out ill take their insurance company to work. this was my 3rd accident in a year, none were my fault

09-13-2003, 04:48 PM
are you sure your neck isnt hurting? :blah:

Pappy
09-13-2003, 04:50 PM
well aint that a kick in the nutzhttp://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/nutkick.gif but im glad you werent hurt

The440Exorcist
09-13-2003, 04:55 PM
Wel good to hear your ok, that looked like a very well maintained truck. Women drivers:huh lol

chucked
09-13-2003, 05:04 PM
are you sure your neck isnt hurting?

it is. and its recorded in the medical report thingy i gotta give to their insurance

Glow Plug
09-13-2003, 07:32 PM
Thats sucks man hope you can get some cash out of the insurance company to try and "replace" the truck :(

Narly R
09-13-2003, 07:45 PM
ya one time me and my dad were in his f-350 with a big trailer and we were coming up to this thing where it goes into one lane onto a bridge, and we had to swerve WAY off the road cause this lady wouldnt slow down and get beside us, she BEARLY made it. My dad was SOOOOOOOO pissed, and me to we cought up to the (****** ******* *********** ***** ********* ***** "lady") and we drove beside here for like 5 minutes and didnt even know we were there and had NO idea what she did!:mad: :mad: :mad: Man nobody better not do that to me, ill pull them over (ackting all nice) and kick the crap outa them! speciall if some drunk runs into me, but if it aint there fault, i wont get made! Some people DO NOT belong on the road!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :grr:

chucked
09-13-2003, 08:10 PM
Thats sucks man hope you can get some cash out of the insurance company to try and "replace" the truck

i think me and my parents know what were gonna do. im gonna take over the payments on my moms neon, not a bad car 40k miles, its a sport, its got some kick and it gets good miledge (30 mpg) and its only 150 a month, plus my insurance will go down. and since shes a horse lover she wants to get a truck but i get to pick it out. I just got back from looking, theres a 2001 dodge ram, short bed standard cab sport, bright red. It dont have 4wd though but o well. but its good for what Ill use it for. she said we can share the vehicles. In a way its kind of a good thing its gone, because it had some bad alignment issues and the metal was showing through the paint in some areas from waxing it. I filed the claim and told them to about the engine, how nice the paint was, the interior which i cleaned weekly (shampooed, armor alled, vacuumed...) I work at a car wash so I kept up it constantly. and about the tires and everything. but whats cool is, if i get some money, I can put a few grand in the bank for emergency, pay off my debts from being out of work, and make a payment on the car and maybe have some left to get some stuff for my 4 wheeler. O well ill see what happens. im headed out to maple grove tomorrow for the top fuel dragsters to relieve some stress and forget about the worries.

CowsBitePeople
09-13-2003, 10:11 PM
glad ur ok....everyone had a bad day today

chucked
09-17-2003, 07:58 PM
So Im taking my moms car and she got that truck. The truck is great. I love to drive it. people move the F outta the way now when im merge onto the beltway or 95.

heres a cool pic of all my stuff. I just put the graphics kit on my 400 this morning, turned out perfect.

http://pwoodw6715.com/september%20069.jpg

09-17-2003, 08:10 PM
PINK!@!!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

chucked
09-17-2003, 08:12 PM
yea the color does look a bit feminine. Everything is darker in person.

250x#93
09-17-2003, 08:13 PM
That sux man:(

K2Snow
09-17-2003, 08:15 PM
that's a sweet looking ram, too bad it isn't 4wd or it would be perfect. good to see everything is coming together for ya bro.

chucked
09-17-2003, 08:21 PM
its cool withough 4wd, i wish it did but insurance would go up for me by about 180 every 6 months. (Everyone in my family is on all the cars, no one is appointed to a car with insurance, they just do an average of all the cars for everyone in my family) and im a 18 year old male. I was hoping that it would go down now that im driving the neon mostly but it will go up because theres a bigger truck in the pack now.

Martin Blair
09-17-2003, 08:57 PM
man tht sucks, hopefully you can find another truck taht will mean the same to you, i know how it is when you work on things its becomes a part fo you and nothign can replace it, i woulds till keep the truck just to have.