PDA

View Full Version : Need help is my quad still rideable?

Greg Z
09-13-2003, 09:22 AM
What do you call this part :( it broke im wondering if my quad is still ridabel... i dont know how it broke i think i adjusted it to tight for my chain.. just have no idea how it broke... i passed the line on the carrier could of that been the problem? oh and how much do new ones cost?http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/pd8896f870001cc1f77ebe075a1a71f21/fb1a964a.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p2a8da3c8957dd8ec115348148e0b1c29/fb1a9646.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p253b4bdae281d434b1b6f14be1695435/fb1a9640.jpg

nacs400ex
09-13-2003, 09:25 AM
Your gunna need a new bearing carrier. I believe its because your bearings were too worn, causeing it too seize up breaking the carrier. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Greg Z
09-13-2003, 09:29 AM
it still moves and everything........... but is it still ridabel im going to fix it.. it looks all good except that little peace just broke off

nacs400ex
09-13-2003, 09:41 AM
I would get another, but thats just me.

exman
09-13-2003, 10:07 AM
from the looks you gonna need another, you might be able to put some more bearings in and ride for awhile, but if the bearings aren't sitting correct then you will wear them out, also that pig hole is just gonna let more mud sand dirt and crap in tha carrier bearing= more ruined bearings. By the time you keep dropping in new bearings you could have bought a new one. I know it stinks, but its well worth it in the long run.

ewalker302
09-13-2003, 11:23 AM
Yeah u need to fix that before riding anymore.

Just b/c that thing may break off more pieces & damage your axle, chain, sprocket, etc......

:bandit:

300exQuadracer
09-13-2003, 03:35 PM
my carrier looked the same way accept mine was actally in 2 pieces after i cooked my bearings and my sprocket hub and the bearing spacer in the carrier, so perty much fix it now!!! or you will be in to a lot more money later on

foxfmf400ex
09-14-2003, 04:44 PM
This also happened 2 my bike. I nedded to get a new carrier and i waited 2 so long i needed a new axle 2. If ur gonna need a new carrier i recommend a tapered barring carrier i got mine from ruracing.com. Dont let it get any worse

Greg Z
09-14-2003, 05:08 PM
i was riding it today a peace got stuck in my carrier so im just gonna buy a after market carrier it wsa going toward burgard arms but now i guess ill have to wait to get 100 more dollars :(:grr:

RIDER11X
09-14-2003, 07:15 PM
:eek2: UNREAL! Don't you take care of you quads at all? If it wobbles......REPLACE IT! You can't ride your best on a wobbly machine, learn from the pros. :ermm: Washing the quad couldn't hurt either!
Sorry, I just hate to see people not take care of their machines because they are the ones asking for a tow back to the truck ALL the time.:confused2 :cuss:

300exQuadracer
09-14-2003, 07:28 PM
my bearings where perfectly fine, then with 3 laps to go i felt the rearend wobble and squeek so i stopped and idled to the pits because it was so bad, it can happen in minutes

Greg Z
09-14-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
:eek2: UNREAL! Don't you take care of you quads at all? If it wobbles......REPLACE IT! You can't ride your best on a wobbly machine, learn from the pros. :ermm: Washing the quad couldn't hurt either!
Sorry, I just hate to see people not take care of their machines because they are the ones asking for a tow back to the truck ALL the time.:confused2 :cuss:

dude when i meant ride in the post i meant like taking it out for 5 min to see how it rides and now i know thats its not good........ to ride off of chill you..... never mind but thanks..

RIDER11X
09-14-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Greg Z
dude when i meant ride in the post i meant like taking it out for 5 min to see how it rides and now i know thats its not good........ to ride off of chill you..... never mind but thanks..

Sorry to cut loose like that, I just hate to see machines not properly maintained, because they are so expensive and the same riders always want someone to ruin their ride to do the work on their machine that should have been done in their garage before the ride. Things DO and Will happen, but a poorly maintained machine is a major cause of frustration to me.
Sorry, no flame intended.;)

AlaskaSpeed
09-14-2003, 07:52 PM
:rolleyes: I'm guessin' all the rust, dirt, etc will hold it together for another few rides....lol

Greg Z
09-14-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
Sorry to cut loose like that, I just hate to see machines not properly maintained, because they are so expensive and the same riders always want someone to ruin their ride to do the work on their machine that should have been done in their garage before the ride. Things DO and Will happen, but a poorly maintained machine is a major cause of frustration to me.
Sorry, no flame intended.;)

i love my ex i just bought it about 2 weeks ago the guy i bought it from it didnt come in 100% it came in like 90 % it needed new bolts a new tie rod and about it.... its an awsome quad.. i did this to my quad i noticed that i landed right on my back when i was jumping and i did hear something break but now thats over with now im going to buy a RAD taperd bearing carrier any one have any experience with one ?

ewalker302
09-15-2003, 03:08 AM
Don't ride it before getting it fixed.

Parts that are suspicious especially as obvious as in your pics could possibly break & get into other parts (chain & sprocket)

Maybe it happens when u are just coastin, or maybe ur rear end locks up when u are ridin hard & u get seriously hurt.

& ridrer 11, I know u already apologized, but damn,
things do break occasionally.

The guy's just askin for help.
It's bad to not maintain your bike.

But it's a lot worse to be an *** & flame a guy 4 no reason.

:bandit:

Greg Z
09-15-2003, 05:00 AM
O.K. i just bought a RAD TAPERD Bearing carrier how hard is it to put one of these things on the guy said if i put it on to tight the bearings will come out and that would voide the warranty im gonna need to have help on this one fellas