PDA

View Full Version : loose chain?????

djmac
09-12-2003, 11:22 PM
the chain adjustment does not hold no matter how tight you crankdown the bolts on the swing arm. last winter we replaced the axle seals. could we have done something wrong? the chain comes loose in less than a 1\2 hour.

wheeltrax
09-12-2003, 11:40 PM
is your chain worn out? I kept tightening my chain over and over and thought the carrier was moving on me, but in all reality the chain was worn out beyond tightening anymore. So i just bought a new chain and everything is fine. Im not saying this is your answer.. just something to think about.

Big - D Racing
09-13-2003, 12:06 AM
Your chain is streched out replace it or if you really want remove a link or two, but that won't help much because it will soon break.

wheeltrax
09-13-2003, 08:04 AM
I bought an RK-xring and i love it so far. Its built well and its heavy. Hopefully it will last quite a while.

250x#93
09-13-2003, 09:20 AM
Yup buy a new chain:devil: I made a mistake a while back. I let the chain get so stretched out that when i was tightened it it made the brake disc hit the skidplate:eek: Whoops:confused2

09-13-2003, 10:32 AM
thats exactly what mine ios doing now, my chain keeps coming loose & **** & now the disc brake hits the skidplate, i thought my skid was bent :confused2 ....i guess ill get a new chai nnow though. Is it bad when your disc brake moves left & right just a really little bit?:huh

250x#93
09-13-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
thats exactly what mine ios doing now, my chain keeps coming loose & **** & now the disc brake hits the skidplate, i thought my skid was bent :confused2 ....i guess ill get a new chai nnow though. Is it bad when your disc brake moves left & right just a really little bit?:huh

yeah i thought my skid musta been bent at first too:cool: Then i realized what was goin on:p

djmac
09-13-2003, 05:39 PM
no i just replaced the chain this spring