PDA

View Full Version : i think yamaha out did honda

NTPRacing#19
09-12-2003, 07:54 PM
first off honda dont even have the quad setup for racing to well. its the highest sitting honda with a seat hieght of 32.6 vs. yamahas 31.5 and the front end design of the honda looks just like the 400ex while the yfz has gullwing design. and the yamaha can be made lighter by removing the electric start while you can lighten the honda to much cause it already has a kickstart. im leaning towards the yamaha. yamaha has always made faster motors and i think they really did their homework this time with the yfz450

Tommy 17
09-12-2003, 08:03 PM
no racer keeps the a-arms... and just bc they are GULL WING don't mean crap:rolleyes: do u see a protrax gull wing... or houser or burgard... also who cares about seat hight... that could honestly mean nothing... its where the cog is... it could be lower then the yammy very easy...

also the elec start won't give u that much weight off it... and even if it does... have fun tryin to kick start ur yamaha... u'll be there for years;)

250x#93
09-12-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
no racer keeps the a-arms... and just bc they are GULL WING don't mean crap:rolleyes: do u see a protrax gull wing... or houser or burgard... also who cares about seat hight... that could honestly mean nothing... its where the cog is... it could be lower then the yammy very easy...

also the elec start won't give u that much weight off it... and even if it does... have fun tryin to kick start ur yamaha... u'll be there for years;)

I agree wit tommy:cool:

skidplate
09-12-2003, 08:14 PM
Nobody has rode the trx let, nobody has modded the trx yet.
When I bought my 400ex, it was weak for my 230 lbs. With a few inexpensive mods, it now goes pretty good. For me half the fun of owning a new quad is modding it just the way you want.
For me, I look at track record. Since my first CR250r, then ATC200x, then XR350 and now 400ex, none of them failed me in any way. They all handled very well and they all lasted long. Choice is yours, just enjoy riding and keep the rubber side down.
JB

NTPRacing#19
09-12-2003, 08:16 PM
dude i aint keeping any new quad stock, i race mx and yes seat hieght matters. i was just stating that out of the box i think the yamaha is more race ready, and you know that any serious racer would take off anything he can to save weight and the yamaha isnt so hard to start as the pass yzf motors.

Pappy
09-12-2003, 08:17 PM
lol....the friggon quad aint even touched the showroom and its been beaten:p

i like alot of quads but ill say this....

honda owns atv's......period

since 1986 the R has dominated.

since 1999 the 400ex has busted every manufactures balls when in reality it shouldnt have.

and in 2004 the trx450r will pick the pace back up....and im sure its gonna be capable of holdin its own.

competition is a good thing....everyone that enjoys racing or fast atv;s should be exstatic over the new honda and yammy. it will help elevate the quads we buy for the next 10 years.

get over the mine is better then yours syndrome....and enjoy what we have to play with:devil:

lildude
09-12-2003, 08:18 PM
the only thing i dont like about the new honda is that it is kickstart.that would be the only reason i would even consider it over the yamaha

dirtyboy88
09-12-2003, 08:31 PM
the only thing honda has over the yamaha is the endurence for the 4hweeler , honda will last alot longer any where !

EXRACR
09-12-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by dirtyboy88
the only thing honda has over the yamaha is the endurence for the 4hweeler , honda will last alot longer any where !

Yeah that makes sense... NOT... no one even has got their hand on it yet and your claiming it to be something it probly wont be... thus the fact that hondas are always underpowered compared to the rest of the cometition...

and who ever said the 400EX and the R dominated... HA thats BS... first of all the banshee dominated everything in 87' even to present with over 16 year old performance.. it still is a top condender in the sport of ATV.... and the 400ex was nothing but a "get out of my way, you piece of shi* air cooled 20 HP motor"... please the raptor will take it in any catagory out there.....

My vote goes to Yami!!

Pappy
09-12-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by EXRACR
Yeah that makes sense... NOT... no one even has got their hand on it yet and your claiming it to be something it probly wont be... thus the fact that hondas are always underpowered compared to the rest of the cometition...

and who ever said the 400EX and the R dominated... HA thats BS... first of all the banshee dominated everything in 87' even to present with over 16 year old performance.. it still is a top condender in the sport of ATV.... and the 400ex was nothing but a "get out of my way, you piece of shi* air cooled 20 HP motor"... please the raptor will take it in any catagory out there.....

My vote goes to Yami!!

i think you have a swinging chad on your ballot:eek2:

EXRACR
09-12-2003, 08:50 PM
okay... your definetly a 400ex rider.. ha:eek2:

Pappy
09-12-2003, 08:51 PM
okay... your definetly a 400ex rider.. ha:eek2:

name one series since 1986 that a banshee or as of late a raptor rider won:confused:

gnc

gncc
tt
baja

lildude
09-12-2003, 08:52 PM
well did you ever think that the reason the raptor has more power than a 400ex is becouse it is a 660.:confused: thats like saying a yz 80 is slow, a yz250 will beat it in any catagory. plus from what ive seen modded 400's will eat up raptors in tight trails couse there so topsy

dirtyboy88
09-12-2003, 08:54 PM
ok well the 250r will keep up w/ the banshee if not beat it and duh the 400ex is goin to lose to the raptor more CC, banshees have to be in the shop all the time i have three around my house and a 85 honda thats never borke down on me and i ride 5 hours a day or more so i got my money one the CRF 450

RIDE RED:blah:

EXRACR
09-12-2003, 08:54 PM
Are you kidding me??? TT racing and flattrack is a banshee's playground... Pikes Peak for one.... and cross country is dominated by the raptor class and riders.... desert XC too....

and the YFZ will dominate the MX series too... look at kori ellis.. he rides a YAMAHA

hondafox440
09-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Bud, the CRF450 is a better bike than the YZ450F. Read any moto magazine. The CRF has been bike of the year is several magazines (which are usually biased and prefer Yamaha anyways *cough* Dirt Rider *cough*) since it came out. The 426 couldn't touch it and neither can the YZ450F.

That being said, you are awfully naive to claim a machine sucks just because the seat height is an inch higher, or the a-arms *look* differently. It matters what is functional, not what looks cool in your eyes. Tell me what has better stock suspension and handling? The Raptor or 400EX? Oh, thats right its the 400EX.

I will put money on the fact that it is easier to go faster on the TRX450R then it is to on the YFZ440. Yamaha created thier 450 motor around a dyno (similar to what Honda does with thier 2 strokes), which means it is great if you really know how to ride, but unless you are REALLY good, its slower. Plus, I bet ready to ride the Honda weighs less than the Yamaha. Oh, and let me know how reliable your Yamaha is if you ever decide to bore it out.

kicken250x
09-12-2003, 08:55 PM
wwhhatt?? pics were just released this week. we have NO CLUE how the honda is going to preform and barely know how the yami does and yall are already getting into this? i mean seriously it dont matter if u ride a 200x or a kfx, we all ride and we all have fun doing it. so why crack on other peoples quads, especially when u have no idea how it runs?;) :blah:

Pappy
09-12-2003, 08:56 PM
gncc? no way

pikes peak...yeah i can see where a shee has the upper hand

tt....one name ..shane hitt...on a HONDA

i dont bleed red...but the blue bloods make me wanna chit brown.

Scottie Mac
09-12-2003, 08:59 PM
All of you guys who have tried the new TRX what do you think? Oh... thats right, no one has ridden one, well at least no one on this forum. Give it time. Everyone is SPECULATING which will be better. I personally think the Yamaha will be a better mx quad, but that is just my opinion. I have ridden the new YFZ, it is awesome. When the TRX finally hits the dirt, I will try it out and pass judgement then.

Oh, and for the guy who said Yamaha has dominated for 16 years, ahhhhh, I am a big fan of ol blue, but you are an idiot. Honda has dominated the world of ATV racing for a number of years, at least mx speaking. If you are talking hill climbs or drags maybe youare right, but up until the YFZ, Yamaha didn't make a decent MX quad, ever. The people who won on the Yamaha, were running aftermarket framed, full on MX bikes.

Time will tell.

Scott

EXRACR
09-12-2003, 09:00 PM
YEAH right... okay were not even talking about the dirtbikes...sure they use the same basis cylinder and heads.. but im talking about a ****ing quad.. alright...... and you find me a stock 250R that will keep up with a stock banshee... **** find me a modded 250R that will beat a modded banshee.. not gonna happen... and no i can make my banshee outlast your 400ex by a long shot... any machine will last a lifetime with proper care... but no we have you hicks out there in the real world that spend their whole ****ing day on a damn computer trying to start **** that you know nothing about..... anyways... "lets all ride red" YAY blow me ya prick...once honda comes out with a powerplant ready to handle any of yamaha's 3 sport quads gimme a call... until then ill fly BLUE

toby400ex
09-12-2003, 09:00 PM

My vote goes to Yami!! OMG I thikn I have found THE dumbest person in the world.:huh :eek2:

Pappy
09-12-2003, 09:01 PM
exracr...first warning for the language.

settle yerself or take a hike

dirtyboy88
09-12-2003, 09:02 PM
really thats kind of funny when the 250r beat it last friday at chetham country fair it beat 3 of them in barrels,mud and track it also depends on the rider its not all the 4wheeler

dirtyboy88
09-12-2003, 09:09 PM
not really i ride my 4wheeler more then im on the computer dumb@$$ and im startin to feel sry for u thinkin yamaha is better then honda:eek2:

markeg192
09-12-2003, 09:09 PM

My vote goes to Yami!!

I agree the Banshee is the fastest. UNTIL YOU START TURNING. Banshees re only good for drag racing but out side of that a 400ex will kill it. Heck so will a 300ex