PDA

View Full Version : Has to be the main jet....

Narly R
09-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Well my bike cuts out real bad on the top end, it has to be the main. You guys think? I need to lean it out a little more, cause Im pretty shure that Im too fat. It only does it 4th gear and up....:rolleyes:

ewalker302
09-12-2003, 07:25 PM
wouldnt your bike bog at full throttle if its to fat.

By saying cutting out, it sounds like you are not getting enough fuel.
:bandit:

Narly R
09-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Well whats the differnce between a bog and a cut-out? Maybe its bogging....:confused:

Pappy
09-12-2003, 07:34 PM
when my quad was way too rich...anything past 1/2 throttle and it would shut off.

what main jet are you running?

exhaust?
engine mods?
airbox lid?

Narly R
09-12-2003, 07:40 PM
Niks 330 with 350 crank, LRD bb pipe, keihen 39mm pwk, K&n, no airbox lid. Its at about 500 feet, and im running a 182 main, i called LRD and they told me to run a 172 main, so i went down to a 178, and it seemed a little lean, and didnt smoke, so i went back up to the 182 and it didnt cut out(bog), but now its getting worse. Its doing it pretty bad, im pretty shure Im to fat but I wanna be shure.

worm
09-12-2003, 08:11 PM
have you actually checked the compression? it sounds weak to me..they usuall run okay down low but bog top end when its wore out

ewalker302
09-12-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
Well whats the differnce between a bog and a cut-out? Maybe its bogging....:confused:

A high gear bog would seem to not want to increase revs like it should, when U get back in the gas (rich main)

A high gear cut out is like a sharp die or pop, & the bike still runs fine till U hit that limit where the gas cant keep up w the revs.
(lean main)

Thats my 4 stroke experience, but should act the same on a R.

:bandit:

Chanman420q
09-12-2003, 08:41 PM
do u have a port job? just wondering because ive heard of like people running ports made for better top end and running bottom end pipes thinking there gunna get a great mixture of power, but really justs runs like *** because the ports and the exhaust are fighting each other. Thought id throw that in..

Narly R
09-12-2003, 09:42 PM
I dunno about the porting I bought the engine all together, this is my first r, so this is my first time around with problems, i really have no idea, im pretty shure its just jetting... oh it has a new cdi to.