PDA

View Full Version : Colors, Colors, Colors, Help with the LRD265

nacs400ex
09-12-2003, 05:52 PM
Ok, I need some help on deciding what color to PC some stuff. My frame is going to be some type of blue ( either YZ metallic blue, or harmony blue) Then the plastic is going to be silver. The motor is completely polished except for the jug. So question is what to PC calipers, hubs, etx and other odds and ends. I dont wanna PC them blue too. Any ideas ?

Thanks
Craig

I will get pics when it is finished, its gunna be sick.

400exBro
09-12-2003, 06:29 PM
don't pc the calipers, personily that is over kill and i will start to look furity... i like the silver look of them... hubs go with red, silver or black, swing arm go blue, a arms go blue bottoms crome tops, that should pretty much looks awsome...

BTW that is my colour style except that it will be yellow plastic...

o and a metalic blue fibe hood!!!

L.Vegas400
09-12-2003, 06:31 PM
i think either black or white would look good on all the little extras. open up your paint program and make squares of the colors you are gonna use then add different colors in a third square to see how they go together.

nacs400ex
09-12-2003, 07:41 PM
:grr: You makin fun of pappy's calipers ? his are trans red. I was gunna do my trans blue, but my my nacs PB block off is andonized blue and it would look stupid. But all my motor accessories are gunna be andonized blue ( kick starter, Clutch Cover, stuff like that)

I might just get the caliper PCed black, cause its looks stupid with the bike all colored and them just silver :rolleyes: I personally wanna chrome them or chrome PC, but I will see what money allows. I gotta buy some seals for the calipers cause they are cooked, but the pistons are in great shape. I thought they were gunna be chewed up.

Pappy
09-12-2003, 07:43 PM
make the mofo any color you like...its your quad:D

and after cleaning NON pc'd parts ill pc every friggon part i can. i have no time for cleaning like i used too....and all i have to do is hose off and the parts look fresh

09-12-2003, 09:44 PM
stick with 1 or 2 colors of your choice ..& polished & chromed parts....just dont make it look like an easter egg on wheels ....;)

Pappy
09-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
stick with 1 or 2 colors of your choice ..& polished & chromed parts....just dont make it look like an easter egg on wheels ....;)

i got your easter egg

nacs400ex
09-13-2003, 09:29 AM
Yeah thats what I am gunna do. Stick with blue, chrome/polished, and I am still deciding on another color. Something That looks good with blue, and makes the blue stand out.

350Xrider
09-13-2003, 01:29 PM
get some candy apple blue in there somewhere, i think its one if the nicest pc colors.

nacs400ex
09-13-2003, 02:18 PM
its expensive, probably. Because I doubt this place will have the color. They told be they have to order atleast 25lbs, and thats why its expensive for colors they dont carry on a regular basis.

nacs400ex
09-13-2003, 02:23 PM
I dont really like the metallic hoods, they look kinda dumb on bikes that dont have any other shiny/ chrome stuff. For example anything other than duners. But its your ex, and you can do whatever you want.

Chef
09-13-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i got your easter egg

LMAO

09-13-2003, 10:15 PM
try a nice trans red with the blue. I think that would look sick.

danney f
09-14-2003, 02:09 AM
I'm doing a quad right now, that I did a silvervien frame, lollypop blue swing arm, A-arms and stem. Mirror white springs and small parts. the motor center cases will be mirror black with smoke chrome side cases and will have white plastic.

R-Crazy
09-14-2003, 06:41 AM
i personally think yellow with blue looks awesome, like bill balances bike, amazing looking. or a blue and silver, thats looks real nice too. i know it isnt very popular now, but when i was a newbie here, blue w/ orangle plastics was "the thing" and i still htink it looks badass. and that with blue graphics or something, would look killer. good luck

dave

09-14-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"

Sounds close to the basic color rule of 3. Not too many to make things too busy and enough to show the right amount in the right places.

09-14-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i got your easter egg

Must be rotten by now (easter was 5 months ago lol) :D

Hey I see a new title under 2r's BANNED :huh from painting easter eggs :p :D

Whats up with that :huh

Chef
09-14-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me

Whats up with that :huh

It took you a while to notice...:blah:

09-14-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Chef
It took you a while to notice...:blah: is he banned now!?

09-15-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Chef
It took you a while to notice...:blah:

Guess so huh.

Maybe just didnt see any reason to be looking for that. :)

QuadJunkies
09-15-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me

Whats up with that :huh The things I miss when Im at work:confused2 Im lost with the whole Easter Egg thing......:o

nacs400ex
09-16-2003, 02:04 PM
Well with the easter egg thing, I think Kenny means his wuad has lots and lots of colors? ??

Rip_Tear
09-16-2003, 03:13 PM
White or darker, or lighter shad of blue will look nice. Thats my suggestion, or maybe just a shiny metal colour would look good :D

BlasterBTW
09-16-2003, 06:12 PM
Why would you ban 2-Rs for makeing a suggestion about colors??:ermm:

09-16-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by BlasterBTW
Why would you ban 2-Rs for makeing a suggestion about colors??:ermm: from what i have heard he has been warned before for being stupid..originaly that easter egg remark was made towards pappy from him...and pappy told me that 2 r's knew it would bother pappy..but yet he still posted it...

tants
09-16-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by BlasterBTW
Why would you ban 2-Rs for makeing a suggestion about colors??:ermm:

it goes waaaaaay beyond that... you dont know 1/2 the story...

anyways, post a pic of what it looks like now:)
i saw you go with a red/black color sheme, i cant get enough of them, IMO blue/silver is over played

Admin
09-16-2003, 08:57 PM
"2-R's Rider":

just dont make it look like an easter egg on wheels ....

I asked 2-R's Rider to refrain from personally attacking Pappy, but he didn't listen to my advice. Pappy, did what I said and left him alone, but Pappy finally had enough.

Rule #1:
If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Previous attacks against Pappy by 2-R's in regards to the Easter Egg Quad.

Ugliest Quad (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=68462&perpage=15&highlight=easter&pagenumber=3)

Another Easter Egg Comment (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=66537&highlight=easter)

The Easter Egg insult was only the tip of the Ice Berg, and this type of behavior will not be tolerated on the site.