PDA

View Full Version : Spark Arrestor Help!

Mindi51982
09-12-2003, 10:27 AM
Okay. So I'm in a tight bind and I have a major problem.

Last week after racing Baja MX Track in Michigan, my buddies and I were checking out my exhuast and we removed the spark arrestor just to see what it would sound like running with out it on. So we had our fun for about 2 minutes then I went in the house. My buddies were trying to figure out how to make it louder. So one got the idea of removing the screen on the spark arrestor to make it louder...um....dumb move on his part. So I'm heading up to Silver Lake tomorrow and if I don't get a screen for the arrestor I won't be going in. I called a few places and a new arrestor is $70 plus $30 for Saturday delivery. HELP!!! Is there a quick fix for this? Can't I just buy a screen and tweak it up?

exman
09-12-2003, 10:42 AM
what kind is it

Mindi51982
09-12-2003, 10:57 AM
It's the stock arrestor.

PHIL_B54
09-12-2003, 11:53 AM
im sure someone has a stock one laying around, id give you mine, but im in missouri

good luck

2001EX
09-12-2003, 02:42 PM
I cut the baffle out of the middle of mine so all that would be left is the screen. Then I used metal glue to glue the stock screen on the end cap. This will work, unless you cut too much of the metal on the end cap

4TraxRider
09-12-2003, 08:57 PM
Put the cap back on, unless they take the cap off they couldn't tell if the screen was in or not.

big-guy
09-13-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
Put the cap back on, unless they take the cap off they couldn't tell if the screen was in or not.

...Unless they use their plastic probe...

pairanutz
09-13-2003, 05:49 PM
good luck -we were supposed to stay fri-sat-sun at silver lake
but my new spark arrester i just got thur- burnt out fri- they werent rubber hoseing it so we rode about 6hours then i got caught so we went to dune land they were all out -went town an hour away bought metal screen and enginered a patch for it and the wouldnt pass it -it has to be usf approved not hillbilly eng -so we packed up and drove home-36 hours later im home and rode 6 hours all weekend -i love it when the weekends are so grand
now i get to buy two new rims for my buddy who was kind enough to let me borrow his paddels

Mindi51982
09-13-2003, 06:53 PM
Yeah, pairanutz...the DNR up there is very strict. Everytime I went through the inspection line they saw that I have a stock exhaust and let me through. They didn't even bother to check so that was sigh of relief. Silver Lake was a lot of fun...now I just need to buy some paddle tires and I'll be good to go. Regular tires are okay, but paddles sure do help goin up test hill. LOL