PDA

View Full Version : Why Didnt I See Any Yamaha People Bashing The Yzf When It Came Out

suzukiz400rider
09-11-2003, 10:50 PM
ITS FUNNY HOW WHEN THE YAMAHA CAME OUT AND ALL THE YAMAHA FORUMS LOVED AND AND WERE MORE THEN PLEASED WHEN THEY GOT NEWS AND PIC'S, NO COMPLAINTS OTHER THEN WERE IS THE REVERSE

iTS SAD TO SEE YOUR LOYAL HONDA RIDERS TURNING ON HONDA IN DISSAPOINTMENT.

Woody_YFZ
09-11-2003, 10:55 PM
Yamaha had nothing to compare it to. If Honda would have made the move first, I think it would have turned out a lot better. Just my opinion.

trx440
09-11-2003, 11:36 PM
Suzuki,

Did I read you have a dealership? I can't imagine a grown businessman spending the better part of the day on the net and don't take this the wrong way, singing "NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA". Dude give it a break. It was leaked long ago that the front end lights would incorporate styling treatments from the CBR's. [not the DVX as some have said] If you or others don't like the plastic I understand but it didn't stop Cannondale from selling 6000 high priced frogs. AND Yamaha looks like they copied the styling from an 86-87 250R on the YFZ before they duck taped the Raptor lights on it out of guilt. Wait till you see the HRC racing hood with deleted lights.
Some people wanted electric start, some kick start, some both, some even wanted reverse. OF COURSE A LOT OF PEOPLE WERE GONNA BE DISSAPPOINTED. You are smart enough to realize that aren't you? Therefore if you are as intelligent as I am giving you credit for, you are just stiring sh8t, which is beneath someone of your age.

Out of the box the YFZ might end up a better mx bike, especially on local tracks, in fact I'd bet on it. BUT, something else I'm willing to bet on is Tim Farr walking away with the title next year. Win on Sunday sell on Monday. Would you like some of that action?

robby26wi
09-12-2003, 12:07 AM
I beg to differ...Gust will drive the wheels right off of Farr's quad :)....Digger wont stop at a factory rider :)

Guy400
09-12-2003, 04:07 AM
suzukiz400rider, this is your first and last warning. If you want to discuss some of the Honda's perceived short falls with facts that's fine. But, post after post by you is just worthless crap. You might as well just leave this site altogether because you're not going to be taken seriously here. You own a dealership? Uh-huh, sure you do. Just like I won the $56 million Powerball but chose to buy my wife a Grand Prix GT instead of a Lexus:rolleyes: One more off-the-wall, BS post and you're gone.

Got Huevos?
09-12-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by robby26wi
I beg to differ...Gust will drive the wheels right off of Farr's quad :)....Digger wont stop at a factory rider :) \

ur post must a reflection of you...a joke Tim Farr will run away with the title especially with Honda fully on his side.

jcv400ex
09-12-2003, 07:00 AM
you can't say Timmy will walk away with the title next year in the GNC's. Too many people are going to be in that class full force. There will be 5 guys in contention for the title.....it won't come down to rider or machine, it will be luck. Whoever has better luck, will win. The Clearchannel Indoor series, yeah, Timmy has that nailed.

seatec
09-12-2003, 07:23 AM
I firmly belive that those "unlucky" things that happen to a rider can be traced back to someone or something that was neglected to be checked or otherwise be taken care off. Yes, a minor luck factor is invloved by not being held up by a rider or broadsided by one and such stuff but i firmly belive you dont leave anything to chance.

trx440
09-12-2003, 08:42 AM
Robby,

Gust is my favorite rider too, cheeser. But he won't stand a chance when the Big Red Semi(s) pull in next year.

I don't think Yamaha, even if they went at it 100% WITH Gust would beat Farr.

When Honda is directly involved with sponsered racing they win. Pick a series road or off-road, If Factory Honda is there, they win. They even won with the RC-51's in US Superbike and WSB against bikes that dominate them in magazine shootouts. It's almost not fair.

JCV,

I would be saying the same thing if Gust got the ride or Jones got ride. I would probably include riders #4 and #5 on your list too. I wish they would have given Gust a ride too. With 2 riders you GUARANTEE the #1 plate because 2 riders probably will not incure season ending injuries like 1 possibly could.

robby26wi
09-12-2003, 11:20 AM
I dont care how big the Semi is...Doug rides his heart out and he could outride most on a 4x4....Semi or not i still think Timmy will have his work cutout...

OutlawEX
09-12-2003, 03:49 PM
I love the Yamaha,as a matter of fact im getting one tommarrow. I kept my money till honda came out and seen what i was waiting for and i was not impressed. The honda quad seems to be as good as another stlye EX imo. Im a loyal honda rider,but im going blue tommarrow for the next year at least.

modracer5
09-12-2003, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by trx440
[B]Robby,

Gust is my favorite rider too, cheeser. But he won't stand a chance when the Big Red Semi(s) pull in next year.

I've been around racing a LONG time and have never seen a truck and trailer win a race.

str400ex
09-12-2003, 04:35 PM
im happy for tim and they way the sport is heading but if you have been to any gncs you know that tim is probly the third or fourth fastest rider out there my list goes and i think anyone who studies the sport would agree would go jones , gust , farr , byrd and i think joe is faster than farr if he can get good starts he puts in consistintly faster lap times as the race goes on shawn

VIC
09-12-2003, 04:48 PM
Us Honda guys expected sometihng to at the 250Rs level. The 450R seems like it gonig to be real good. What did yamaha guys expect? Something better than the blaster, raptor, warrioir and they got it. They'd be impressed by anything. What did yamaha have to do copy the 250R some

09-12-2003, 05:07 PM
Actually a lot of people were bashing the YFZ When it first came out for the 7k price tag and no reverse (Mostly from trail riders). A lot of people excepted the YFZ to be around the price tag of the predator, and when it wasn't, some people went nuts for a couple of weeks. But thats about all they complained about :)

trx440
09-12-2003, 05:31 PM
So what you all are saying is when [or if] Tim Farr wins the GNC title next year his bike and Factory Honda support will have taken him from 3rd or 4th in rider ability to the #1 plate. OK I'll go with that.

It's a wonder with Farr's sub-standard or diminished skills that he ever won a single title. Like I said, I'm a Gust fan through and through. I wish he would have gotten the ride, for that matter I wish they would add a second ride to the big rig for him. He deserves it.

Modracer5,

I've never seen a truck and trailer win the race either but the red ones with Woody on 'em sure do take alot of winners home. Correlation or causation?

suzukiz400rider
09-12-2003, 08:06 PM
Put tim farr on a 300ex with aftermarket parts, he will be in front, Any good rider will make the quad. the quad doesnt make the rider. He is getting paid well and thats why he went that way, We will just have to watch and see what happens in the months to come who really has the better engine and for a direct quote I read from a person I know and worked with from MMI in orlando florida who worked for hrc told me"

to date yamaha is leading in four stroke technology, We"Honda" can not get anymore H.p out of this motor"crf". All we can do is match or try to tie what yamaha has developed. We all know that crf motor has it problems. Anyone who has raced one will agree with what Iam saying, the yzf is hard to beat. They "yamaha and honda" have set high standerds now and we are living in the best time for either quad racing/ riding and motorcycle racing or riding

Honda also released the new sport bike 1000rr, As did Yamaha did with the 04' R-1 and its reported to have 180 h.p.:eek2:

Also honda made another ugly bike 1000rr ugggggly. Whats up they need to fire that guy in r&D

Pappy
09-12-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by suzukiz400rider

Also honda made another ugly bike 1000rr ugggggly. Whats up they need to fire that guy in r&D

amen!!!

suzukiz400rider
09-12-2003, 08:10 PM
It should look better that quad if they make a carbon 250r styled hood on it

Pappy
09-12-2003, 08:11 PM
thats what im banking on....if its a 3 piece front fender...quad tech should have a field day!!!

Jnine
09-12-2003, 09:25 PM
I've seen every one of the GNC pro class champions since the class was started, and as good as some of the earlier guys like Denton and Gentry were, I am really starting to believe Tim (Farr) may be the best ever all around rider. He may not win every race, but he usually finishes well. He can ride MX, TT or Stadium events and usually be close to the front. HOWEVER.... All that has been on top shelf aftermarket stuff. NOBODY but nobody can pound his way through the rough stuff on a stock machine like Doug Gust. In seeing all the former champs, Doug is without a doubt the one guy who can simply ride his way through a less than perfect setup with nothing more than willpower and skill alone. He simply pins it and pounds it, and he refuses to give up. I know Tim will tell you that as well, and without a doubt he knows Doug will be a VERY big threat, even more so now that they are on stock geometry based bikes. If you don't believe that, just look at how they they battled this year. At the end it was Doug with the title. Doug may not be as polished, and he may not like TT events, but he IS the best MX rider ever. I've watched them all. In fact, if the previous GNC pro titles had been based on MX alone, Gust would have won most of them.

Just because Tim may have a wing on his jersey harldy makes it a cakewalk, and I guarantee you Tim knows that as well. He is also well aware that his entire career has been focused on this point, and he both feels and understands the pressure is on him now. It's time to perform. A truck means nothing. It still takes something called skill. As for Doug, he probably has a factory ride this year also, and Yoshimura will likely be running the Suzuki program again. If I were at Yamaha, I would DEFINITELY be camping out in Dougs front yard and waving a checkbook at him, because Doug is the one rider who can challenge Tim at every race. If they don't get him, or if Suzuki already has him, I don't know who they could get that would be a consistant threat. It will be a very long season for whoever is left out. Dougs stock just went WAY up.

As for Honda bashing.. Some of the guys that have been around longer are simply expressing their opinion which is based on experience, and not on color. I've never owned a Yamaha, and I have 3 Hondas right now, but I am d--n impressed with the YFZ, and if I were buying one for next season it would be blue. By the way, I have seen the CRF450 for over a month, and my choice has not changed.

modracer5
09-12-2003, 09:27 PM
I am not tring to take away anything from honda or farr. i am true red. i am just tring to say that next year will not be a cake walk for anybody no matter what bike or "rig" they show up in or on! gust, jones , ellis, byrd are not gonna lay down for anybody. these guys are all professionals and are there to win....we all know it's not for the money or else they would have quit along time ago. just think about it, i'm sure gust could make alot more money at home on a piece of heavy equipment in a week than what he makes a year racing! i hope that farr and honda help to change that for all of us.

Pappy
09-12-2003, 09:32 PM
man wouldnt that be one hell of a race season...farr on the honda and gust on a yammy!!!! that would be one of the best battles ever fought!!!

cjpoole1
09-12-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
man wouldnt that be one hell of a race season...farr on the honda and gust on a yammy!!!! that would be one of the best battles ever fought!!!
i'd feel sorry for Farr

Jnine
09-12-2003, 09:39 PM
It's going to be fantastic to watch. I'm hoping a couple guys like Byrd or Keith Little, or even somebody unknown can step it up and challenge at every race. There is one guy who I think we should watch. He has awesome speed, but needs a little more endurance. Jasmin Plante from Canada. He is REALLY good, and he can holeshot anybody. Regardless of who is doing the winning it should really help the sport for everyone, and I hope these guys (especially the mid pack ones) can finally get the cash and respect they deserve.

Pappy
09-12-2003, 09:41 PM
i geuss this is what sets me apart....cuz i dont care who would win...or what they rode...id just love to see the competition:ermm:

all this red vs blue is really startin to piss me off. another reason atv's wont get the respect we deserve.....bunch of a -holes that cant see the good in what we as atv enthusiests have going for us

modracer5
09-12-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by cjpoole1
i'd feel sorry for Farr

i don't!!! I think he has just arrived!! at this point i would say at worst he has a 1 in 3 or maybe 1 in 5 chance at a title. no matter what way you cut it, it can only help our sport.

modracer5
09-12-2003, 09:43 PM
i geuss this is what sets me apart....cuz i dont care who would win...or what they rode...id just love to see the competition:ermm:

all this red vs blue is really startin to piss me off. another reason atv's wont get the respect we deserve.....bunch of a -holes that cant see the good in what we as atv enthusiests have going for us

EXACTLY

cjpoole1
09-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by modracer5
i don't!!! I think he has just arrived!! at this point i would say at worst he has a 1 in 3 or maybe 1 in 5 chance at a title. no matter what way you cut it, it can only help our sport.
I said "I WOULD" not "I DO" refering to pappy's "Farr on a honda and Gust on a yamaha";)

Pappy
09-12-2003, 09:50 PM
i wasnt refering to you cj...

just the morons that cant see past the yammy vs honda thing...

its fun to a point....but people take it way to serious. like a friend told me...if kasea built the best mx quad he would be on it...lmao

str400ex
09-12-2003, 10:15 PM
i didnt mean to say that farr was not a good rider he is he inpressed me more this year than he ever has but gust is better he and jones is on another level than all of them shawn

Pappy
09-12-2003, 10:19 PM
could you imagine the top 4 or 5 guys...on honda..suki yamaha and kawi:eek2:

if things keep growing its very possible in a year or so

robby26wi
09-12-2003, 11:09 PM
Why is everyone saying they would like to see Doug on a Yamaha?? Whats wrong with his Suzuki...Didnt it just win the pro production title?

VIC
09-12-2003, 11:56 PM
could you imagine the top 4 or 5 guys...on honda..suki yamaha and kawi:eek2:

if things keep growing its very possible in a year or so

That would be awsome. Kawi would need to slap some Tecate stickers on their quads though.

modracer5
09-13-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by robby26wi
Why is everyone saying they would like to see Doug on a Yamaha?? Whats wrong with his Suzuki...Didnt it just win the pro production title?

I think it is because people have short term memorys, that are only clouded by the latest issue of dirtwheels! the suzuki had its time in the limelight and thanks to the mags it has passed to the yfz. pretty soon it will pass to the 450r. that is just the way of the all mighty advertising dollar!
I try to be unbiased in that i have had the privelage of throwing my leg over alot of built machines, (with the help of a good friend and excelent motor guy). i am here to tell you that the z440, kawi z450, yfz and the crf based bikes are so close to one another that i think it will be a fierce battle to the championship next year. I bet that there will be alot of manufactors represented on the podium next year. not just one. i also bet before the new year there will be a few more factory sponsorships anounced.
This is merly the begining of our sport.......

TCracin440ex
09-14-2003, 12:58 PM
tim farr is not the best rider i am....lol....people talkin junk talkin junk....YOU HAVNT SEEN THE DAMN BIKE RUN YET.......TALK SMACK WHEN U SEE IT RUN.....its ugly with the head lights down that low....STUPID SMACK ON HONDAS PART....but with a quadtech hood and the front plastics removed....she would be a beaut...and either way...honda people shouldnt talk smack bout hondas....thats like me talkin smack bout the silverado with rear steer....and im a chevy fan...its a NO NO...anyways...WHO CARES bout top speed on these quads....speed does NOT win a mx race....its more the rider than anything...

TCracin440ex
09-14-2003, 01:01 PM
AMEN...the sport of quads is comming up....all u would see on TV befor is dirt bike races...hopefully soon u can watch gnc and gncc quad races on TV...Quads are more purchased than dirt bikes and street bikes...its about time us quad riders get some glory

TGW_400ex
09-14-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
AMEN...the sport of quads is comming up....all u would see on TV befor is dirt bike races...hopefully soon u can watch gnc and gncc quad races on TV...Quads are more purchased than dirt bikes and street bikes...its about time us quad riders get some glory

ya im tired of seeing all these dirtbike races and everyone talkin aobut dirtbikes cuz of it what abou those quads they race too:D

robby26wi
09-14-2003, 05:47 PM
HEHE it looks like Digger will park his BIG head game winning Suzuki Semi right next to Timmy's Honda head game winning semi as he just signed a deal to run a factory Suzuki for next year :)

ScreaminZ400
09-17-2003, 12:21 PM
well look at it i mean honda coulda waited a little longer and at least thought of a better look for it...

Pro400EXC
09-18-2003, 06:29 AM
W/ Honda and maybe another factory supported team being in the game...

I hope the races do get aired on TV....Cause i am sure those Teams would like the world to see which quad is winnin,so the people can run out and buy one..

Catch what I am sayin guys?

trueblue450
09-18-2003, 07:17 AM
Believe me with big money going into the sport and factory sponsered riders its only a mater of time before they start airing it on espn2.
You know honda wouldnt pour money into something that isnt going to go anywhere.

09-19-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by ScreaminZ400
well look at it i mean honda coulda waited a little longer and at least thought of a better look for it...

That's just a jab....only YOUR opinion....

So...here is one back for ya....what about that hidieus headlight setup on a Z which by the way copied its plastic from a Raptor...lmao....oh....and did SUzuki come up with a new frame yet? LMAO Not! Oh yeah....gotta love them super swingarm's on those Z's too....lol.

suzukiz400rider
09-19-2003, 09:16 PM
Thats why all the top riders were winning on ltz's !:rolleyes:

trx440
09-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Their only competition was the Kawasaki.

I hate to wish this on Digger but he'll be lucky to win a race next year.

TCracin440ex
09-19-2003, 09:57 PM
lmao hrc...but your right hte z400's frame is crumy...what i think honda did was sold suzuki 1 of their 400ex frame designs that didnt quite work out lol....o yea and if u wanna like the 450r....put it on your desktop background and stare at it every time u get on the computer...ull grow to like it....

ScreaminZ400
09-20-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by HRC450R
That's just a jab....only YOUR opinion....

So...here is one back for ya....what about that hidieus headlight setup on a Z which by the way copied its plastic from a Raptor...lmao....oh....and did SUzuki come up with a new frame yet? LMAO Not! Oh yeah....gotta love them super swingarm's on those Z's too....lol. ya ya do
http://z400central.com/invision/uploads/post-6-1061687570.jpg

09-20-2003, 11:05 AM
Now that is a nice setup....pretty much a lot like the STOCK swingarm that is coming on the new TRX450R. :macho

And the shock....nice.

Lonestar Axle? Nice too.

Too bad it needed all of that (axle and Swingarm) just so you wouldn't have to worry about parts breaking. Not to mention the FRAME. :D

Don't get me wrong junior....but a Z is NOWHERE'S near a R (either the 250 or the upcoming 450) for the racing matter.

A quadsport will ALWAYS be just that...a QUADSPORT. Not a racer breed.

I dearly hope SUZI gets a new frame and swingarm if they plan on making a 450. Maybe they won't copy the raptor plastic this time too....:D

trx440
09-20-2003, 11:17 AM
HRC,

Get over it. A fully modded 265R and a fullly modded Z450 are equivalent. You call the 250R a racer breed? A stock 250R is as worthless for racing as a Z400 or a 400ex unless you weigh 150lbs and your idea of "racing" is being on the track at the same as the guys who are fighting to get on the podium.

09-20-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by trx440
HRC,

Get over it. A fully modded 265R and a fullly modded Z450 are equivalent. You call the 250R a racer breed? A stock 250R is as worthless for racing as a Z400 or a 400ex unless you weigh 150lbs and your idea of "racing" is being on the track at the same as the guys who are fighting to get on the podium.

You get over it. Now what's it take to make that Z handle and corner like a R?

"Racing Breeds" just don't come with electric start and reverse. :D

ScreaminZ400
09-20-2003, 12:07 PM
not its not lonestar its rpm

trx440
09-20-2003, 01:01 PM
HRC,

No you get over it. I said fully modded. they all have aftermarket frames which are improved versions of 250R geometry. No real racers use stock frames anyways. Gusseted Z frames are good enough to win races since they are in essence Honda copies.

Something tells me I could put you on Timm Farr's 450R and I'd lap you on my 440.

trx440
09-20-2003, 01:05 PM
I said no real racers use stock frames in the above post. That is of course an exaggeration and obviously does not include the Pro-Production class. which uses modified stock frames.

TCracin440ex
09-20-2003, 01:05 PM
first of all trx440...if you are better than him yea its possible....u havnt seen him ride so HOW COULD SOMETHING tell you that you can lap him....so unless u have seen him ride dont talk smack...ne ways i think all these yamaha and suzuki riders talkin smack bout the 450r because they know that honda is gonna mop the floor with the yfz 450 and the z400

trx440
09-20-2003, 01:22 PM
I'm psychic.

Why are you spoutin' off? I KNOW I'd lap you. Anybody with "shaved front fenders" as their lead mod is a tortoise.:)

09-20-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by trx440
HRC,

No you get over it. I said fully modded. they all have aftermarket frames which are improved versions of 250R geometry. No real racers use stock frames anyways. Gusseted Z frames are good enough to win races since they are in essence Honda copies.

Something tells me I could put you on Timm Farr's 450R and I'd lap you on my 440.

Fonda Road, Waterford, NY.......BRING IT. :macho We'll see if YOU can hang or not...:D

TCracin440ex
09-20-2003, 02:44 PM
trx u talk a big game buddy

TCracin440ex
09-20-2003, 02:47 PM
trx.....please make my day come to BIRCH CREEK MOTORSPORTS PARK, DANVILLE, VA....name your date and time and ill be there....if you would like directions to the track ill give you directions...just because u can talk a big game on EXRIDERS.COM...aka the internet dont mean your shyt on the track....go ahead and hide behind the computer and talk your smack...aint man enuff to talk in our face....ne ways lmao u ride a 440ex...i ride a 400ex too buddy and them bikes are the most underpowered bike there is....thats why i aint dropped no more money in my 400ex....im gettin that 450r....

TCracin440ex
09-20-2003, 02:49 PM
o yea...and considerin u talkin bout my main listing bein shaved front plastics...ill tell u str8 up...that alot of people wont ride a quad unless the front plastics are shaved...im the same way i gotta see my tires and its eazier to navigate with shaved front plastics...

trx440
09-20-2003, 05:07 PM
TC,

Do you have an IQ of 79? I live in Arizona. Like I'm gonna drive across the U.S. to race you.

I KNOW, let's challenge the guy who lives on the other side of the continent to a race. Then let's call him out on the internet and tell him he's not man enough to talk junk to my face knowing that I will never have to see his BIG angry ***** in the flesh.

I'm not quite sure how old you are but I was probably racing at Red Bud before you were born and may have even raced ATC's before you were hatched.

I don't want to take up to much of your time since you probably need to fire up the Dremel and re-shave your front fenders. You know how that lowers lap times and all.

You could also try calling Tom and see if he would send you some stickers. It will make you FEEL faster, you poser.

Lastly, you're more than welcome to fly on out and ride my 450R as soon as Lone Star get's done putting the full LT suspension on it. I'll be at Glamis for 2 weeks, stop and have a beer [or in your case a JuicyJuice] and you can see how much $hit I talk in person.

HRC,

I was givin you the biz only cuz you were doing the same to the Suzuki geek. But you ought to know that if you put enough $$ into any quad you can build yourself a winner. It always comes down to the rider. The R's are only at the top because the aftermarket chose them over the QuadRacer as the industry standard.

Sorry but as with TC, I will be unable to drive 2700 miles to show you how fast I am. But now that I know you are 30ish I won't give you a hard time old man.;)
Enjoy your 450R when it comes in.

Guy400
09-20-2003, 05:09 PM
:confused: What was this thread originally about? :confused: