PDA

View Full Version : TRX Seat Height 1" higher than YFZ?

09-11-2003, 07:59 PM
I was looking at the specs and saw that he TRX seat height is 1" higher than the YFZs seat height, but the TRX is like a tenth of an inch wider, does this mean the TRX will have a higher center of gravity and not handle as well as the YFZ?

suzukiz400rider
09-11-2003, 10:35 PM
yeah 1" seat high will effect the turning ability

coryatver
09-11-2003, 11:14 PM
yamaha measures seat height different then honda.

Woody_YFZ
09-11-2003, 11:20 PM
How do you measure the seat height different??

400exBro
09-12-2003, 05:17 AM
honda is going to be a bit top heavy becuase of the larger fuel tank, compared to the yzf... honda 3.6, yammy. 2.6... so the cog i believe will be a bit higher on the honda... not good at all, personally, they could of design some things a little better...

infantry317
09-12-2003, 05:39 AM
It does concern me, I've ridden the YFZ and it corners friggin awesome. I wonder how much you'll be able to drop the ride height?

coryatver
09-12-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Woody_YFZ
How do you measure the seat height different??
Measure it from a different spot.

jmoney45
09-12-2003, 06:31 AM
I'm not worried about that. Has honda ever put out a sport quad that didn't handle spot on? I'm sure this thing handles awesome.

KrazyKid300ex
09-12-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by 400exBro
honda is going to be a bit top heavy becuase of the larger fuel tank, compared to the yzf... honda 3.6, yammy. 2.6... so the cog i believe will be a bit higher on the honda... not good at all, personally, they could of design some things a little better...

I think it due to tank sizes it will weigh more Wet then the yfz. why such a big tank. i ride 4 hours at a time and i use maybe a half a tank.

Fleshwound
09-12-2003, 06:47 AM
bro, no racers fill there tanks to the brim anyway...therefore i would rather have the bigger tank for when i am in need of it...

nobody has the power to assume anything on how well the new bike will handle...so stop making false alligations till you ride the mofo

09-12-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Fleshwound
bro, no racers fill there tanks to the brim anyway...therefore i would rather have the bigger tank for when i am in need of it...

nobody has the power to assume anything on how well the new bike will handle...so stop making false alligations till you ride the mofo

Yea no one can say how the TRX WILL handle because no one knows. I know Honda is known for handling but who knows maybe the messed up w/ this quad or maybe they have something up their sleeve w/ their measurements and it will handle awesome. But higher seat height is higher COG so who knows,it just suprised me the YFZ had a 1 inch lower seat height. That is a big difference I think. I guess next year we will find out.

Guy400
09-12-2003, 07:49 AM
Seat height doesn't necessarily show how low the COG is. Nobody knows for certain where seat height is measured at. Like Gabe said and I've seen it myself because my wife's cousin has a Z400, Suzuki claims their seat height is lower than the 400EX. Park the two quads side by side and reality tells a different story. Also with seat height, you could have a slightly taller seat height because of more foam in the seat but that all could change when a rider sits on the quad.

Taco
09-12-2003, 08:21 AM
so I guess if i put a desert seat on my 400 it will handle like crap b/c i raised the COG:confused: I don't think so.

Anyone ever hear that its better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt:D

Pappy
09-12-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by 400exBro

the COG wouldnt be bad with the larger tank if the portion of greatest mass i below the upper frame rails. :confused:

id say it is a safe bet that honda will put out another great handling quad.

jokerman_28
09-12-2003, 10:24 AM
i am willing to bet the honda has a higher seat height because they care about the riders arse. if you have ever sat on the yfz450 or rode it, you would know that it has the worst seat imaginable. it is about 1" tall and built out of cement. honda rides in comfort so i would image they put 1" more foam and thats where the taller seat height comes from.

09-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by KrazyKid300ex
I think it due to tank sizes it will weigh more Wet then the yfz. why such a big tank. i ride 4 hours at a time and i use maybe a half a tank.

thats good you must not ride too hard, my buddy goies throught more than that

Smoker
09-12-2003, 10:34 AM
It is almost an inch higher than the 400ex at the seat but like people are saying here, I'm sure the higher cog (due to tank and seat heights) is accounted for with the extra width, so it might handle exactly like a 400, if you think about it. I like how narrow it is through the knee area on the tank hopefully kneecaps won't be scrapped off if it gets a little bumpy by the upper part of the tank though. :p

KrazyKid300ex
09-12-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
thats good you must not ride too hard, my buddy goies throught more than that
whole time at 3/4 to WOT? is not riding hard?

Tommy 17
09-12-2003, 01:22 PM
most people will have ssd or zps shocks so what does it really matter...

seems like u people are tryin to find every lil thing and bust on it... u people all need some lives...

KrazyKid300ex
09-12-2003, 02:45 PM
i want 19" long ZPS soon

flyin#5
09-12-2003, 07:42 PM
im not sure if this would matter but the trxR's ground clearance is 1" lower than the yfz. which depending on where they are measureing from may make a difference becuase the motor would be closer to the ground.

1bad250r
09-12-2003, 07:56 PM
Could it be the fact that the yamaha has 21inch front tires vs the 22inch 450r's,:confused: but I'm sure it will not stay stock for long:D

quad_quazy
09-19-2003, 08:22 PM
I was comparing the dif between 450/400 on honda home and noticed that the 450 had the same overall length but a 2 in shorter wheelbase. That will be good for cornering but I wonder if it will throw off jumping at all. TT quads are short for cornering but MX quads are long for better air handling. As far as the seat hight goes I plan on buying wider a-arms and using my TCS ZPS shocks and MX tires. Between the three it should sit low and mean. I hope Honda did what they could to get th C/G low to add to it. Any thoughts about the wheelbase? Did they measure using the different way? It's the same company!

NTPRacing#19
09-26-2003, 02:00 PM
i think the longer wheelbase for mx quads also deals with WHOOPS the quad wont go swaying side to side through whoops and such like a shortbase quad will such as a TT

RobRacing
09-26-2003, 04:34 PM
I was thinking the 450 has a big take to compensate for the XC riders out there. That way they won't have to spend extra $$ to run a bigger tank. I plan on putting my MX tires and wheels on the 450 from my R. Hopefully that'l lower it some. Probably later on I will add some Axis shocks and custom a-arms.:)

NTPRacing#19
09-27-2003, 08:56 AM
smaller tires for sure will lower it and so will suspension