PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket parts TRX 450R

Wolf 66
09-11-2003, 07:52 PM
I know very little about the new Honda's, but heard that they will be returning with a 250R in a 400EX chasis. The main reason for this is that the aftermarket parts for 400 EX's is so much, that you can take some expensive bolt- on parts off the old 400EX and use them on the new 250R. Now I wish that the new Honda was more up to date like the C-dale's, but if my brand new Walsh Racecraft +3" A arms and +4" axle will bolt right on the new 450R
giving me my 49" width without re investing , that would prompt me to go with the new Honda, if not I will buy the Yamaha or C-dale.

Wolf 66
09-25-2003, 11:48 PM
Wow thank you all for responding to my post. Its nice to see all honda guys are so interested in talking about my questions and comments. It seems to me that anyone responding to posts has only to do with the new YFZ. So yes I went ahead and picked up a new Yamaha YFZ and wow what a quad. It handles a motorcross track with eas, it does not stall all the time, I did not stall it one time on the track. The stock suspension is better than my custom elka set up on my 400EX, actualy the YFZ in stock trim handles better than my 400EX with +3" A arms and +4" axle! I am just so impressed with the YFZ that anyone saying it is not the best ATV ever produced must be high. It has tons of torq and power anyone says diffrent is a lier. Yamaha did a great job on this machine. I can tell you already that honda does not stand a chance with thier 450r to beat this new Yamaha. Foward kick only(horrible) 350LBS without eletric start (heavy), and but uglu lights.Yamaha is the new king of ATV, they have the rapter, do you see a 650EX ? Now they have the awsome YFZ wich will beat everything else in every dept. I have been faithful to honda my whole life, started on a 185S trike, and have owned 7 other honda's since, but now I go where the technology is. I still ride red, my frame is red, so is my helmet. I have Walsh Racecraft +3" A arms for sale and a 2000 400EX with about 13K dumped into it for sale, but its not a YFZ there is no comparison. Heres a idea, buy my 400EX and put a YFZ 450 motor in it, then it will kick assets but still wont handle like a YFZ though.

Juggalo
09-26-2003, 08:55 AM
maybe nobody posted cuz they couldn't stand the smell of bullchit in your posts. honda is not coming out with a new 250R and i highly doubt you went out and bought a new yfz in one night cuz nobody responded to your post.

Wolf 66
09-26-2003, 10:57 AM
Well actually for your 411, honda is coming out with a new 250R in a 400EX chasis. Unless you know more than dirt wheels mag where I read the article. It is going to be a limited edition with each dealer only getting a couple. As far as my post is concerned, its been up in this forum for a couple of weeks if not longer now.
I went to YFZ central and posted a topic and had many replies overnight. Unlike this forum that you only get responces after the fact, and they come from unimformed idiots like yourself. So watch what you say about people and refrain from your faul language, I don't appreciate my son reading curses posted on a forum that children can view. All I was trying to do was my homework before I buy. And its really to bad that people like yourself get offended because Honda is no longer the leader in sport ATV's. So what Yamaha has a better quad now, so what I want to share my opinion so maybe some others will go blue, they have a right to know my opinion and iff you dont like it just dont reply.

Bretmd94
09-26-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Wolf 66
Wow thank you all for responding to my post. Its nice to see all honda guys are so interested in talking about my questions and comments. It seems to me that anyone responding to posts has only to do with the new YFZ. So yes I went ahead and picked up a new Yamaha YFZ and wow what a quad. It handles a motorcross track with eas, it does not stall all the time, I did not stall it one time on the track. The stock suspension is better than my custom elka set up on my 400EX, actualy the YFZ in stock trim handles better than my 400EX with +3" A arms and +4" axle! I am just so impressed with the YFZ that anyone saying it is not the best ATV ever produced must be high. It has tons of torq and power anyone says diffrent is a lier. Yamaha did a great job on this machine. I can tell you already that honda does not stand a chance with thier 450r to beat this new Yamaha. Foward kick only(horrible) 350LBS without eletric start (heavy), and but uglu lights.Yamaha is the new king of ATV, they have the rapter, do you see a 650EX ? Now they have the awsome YFZ wich will beat everything else in every dept. I have been faithful to honda my whole life, started on a 185S trike, and have owned 7 other honda's since, but now I go where the technology is. I still ride red, my frame is red, so is my helmet. I have Walsh Racecraft +3" A arms for sale and a 2000 400EX with about 13K dumped into it for sale, but its not a YFZ there is no comparison. Heres a idea, buy my 400EX and put a YFZ 450 motor in it, then it will kick assets but still wont handle like a YFZ though.

Your an idiot... no quad that weighs 350lbs is heavy. The yamaha can do it with the electric start because they put a POS tiny battery in it. Im totally fine with kick only, infact I like it that way. Lots of people would argue but thats just me.

And the whole 650ex thing...... There is no need for one. I had an 01 Raptor. It was completely topheavy, had horrable handling, the motor was a pain to work on and jet and I ran into a list of reliability issues. First the front shock was ripped from the frame because the front bracket was to weak. Then my motor blew (this stuff happens i can let this go). But then my tranny went out. Im never buying another yamaha in my life. They dont put enough testing in on their products, and they dont help out their customers when the company f's up on the tranny. 800$ that tranny cost me. I have heard about problems with the YZF's tranny also. It really wouldnt suprise me if they didnt beef up the original tranny in that bike motor.

If you think the new TRX450 is not going to be competition at all for the YZF then bring it.. Otherwise no one here wants to hear about ignorant ranting for team blue.

Wolf 66
09-26-2003, 12:42 PM
Well Frank I am sorry to hear all the problems you had with your rapter. I do not own or never did own a rapter. However I do own a 2000 400EX, 1989 250R, and my sons 2001 250EX. As a matter a fact this is only the second yamaha that I have ever owned compared to the three honda's a curently own and have owned a total of 7 honda ATV's and 3 CR's. The only problem I have had with any of them was the third gear on my 400EX kept blowing out and gernading the tranny, but thats what you get for trying to get to much power out of a 400EX. As for my YFZ ,I cant speak of how long term dependability will be cause it only has 15hours or so on it. But I beg to differ that Yamaha does not reasearch or test thier machines enouph. I never had any problems with my other Yamaha either. I just think that honda new 450R is not going to be compatable with the YFZ450. And the fact that it is still not available and people like myself who have been loyal to honda thier whole life, were quite disapointed to hear that its not available yet, and has other issues as well such as the way it looks among other things. Now honda is losing a lot of customers to the YFZ and they may be the ones with reliability problems due to the fact that it will now be rushed.

Wolf 66
09-26-2003, 01:03 PM
PS I would like to thank both of you guys for proving my point right. When I posted the original thread three weeks ago, nobody cared to respond to my questions or comments. I was just another forgotten honda rider that no other honda people wanted to help out. Now that I went and picked up a new YFZ450 and feel that it is the best thing since sliced bread, people are responding. And you know what I don't know why you people get offended with other peoples opinions. As long as the four letter words are not mentioned for my children to see I feel that everyone has a right to thier own opinion. There is nothing you can say about yamaha that will bother me, nor is thier anything you can say about honda that will offend me. Stop taking things so personally. Its like honda is your#1 sponcer and my comments take food off your table or something. But my point is that yamaha owners were quick to share thier opinion with me about a machine that we have in comman, and I think its sad that I can't say the same for honda riders. If honda came out with something more resembling a cannondale I would have went with that, If cannondale did not go out of buisnes I would have gotten a moto440. But thats not how it got played out. As for my 400EX its for sale but I would never sell my 250R it was the first new quad I have ever owned, and I still love itto death. I just dont likr the new 450R. As for racing , sure: are you a novice racer like me running motocross? If so I dont think you can take me on my track in district34. If your a pro racer, I would put my money on Korry Ellis, take your 450R and go see how you do against him. :eek2:

oldsandman
09-26-2003, 01:44 PM
Wolf 66,
Maybe you should have given more thought to your original post! You are asking a question that no one has a concrete anwser for. Then you go on about a 250r in a 400 chasis...You just didn't sound like you had any idea about what you were talking about. Then in your next post you flame the members of ex-riders and the trx 450r and say how great your yzf is! I guess my point is maybe you should look at yourself before flaming the whole board and a quad you have never ridden.

twisted threads
09-26-2003, 01:52 PM
Wolf66 I got to say I didn't even see your post untill the other day... and the reason I didn't say any thing because I HAVE NO IDEA how this bike is going to handle or what is going to be like because it has not or came out yet. As for you buying the new YFZ all I can say is Good for you...there a good quad and run awsome and handle great.:cool: Im going to get a new 4-stroke this spring but its going to be RED>>:D

Regulator 250X
09-26-2003, 02:06 PM
For your 411 Wolf, SERVICE HONDA came out with the CR250 motor in a 400EX chassis early in the summer. So just like your second post, it shows you know nothing about the sport of ATVing. Have fun on your YFZ, but wait until someone comes with a stock 450R and passes you like your in the blaster class... later biatches!

dirtriderex
09-26-2003, 07:01 PM
Amen to that:devil:

honda350r
09-26-2003, 09:52 PM
What the He!! is a Rapter ?? Wolf 66,put the bong down and walk away! You have kids? That is spooky!!!

Got Huevos?
09-27-2003, 01:15 AM
Wolf if you like your Yfz you seem to like that you said you bought then i suggest you stick to the Bluetraxx forums where they know as little as you but yet pretend to know alot. i thought you would have known that you really are from Yonkers right? then you know about territory and that Red stay where they are at the the blues stay where they are at so stay at bluetraxx.

excess
09-27-2003, 11:44 AM
I honestly believe this is the worst post I have ever read

Wolf seems like such a lonely person, You guys don't reply bu hu, yfzcentral, STFU. Why don't you go talk to your kids or something, don't bother us.

You sound like a little girl. Be a man.

Wolf 66
10-01-2003, 06:03 PM
Whatever people, I can go on about things that the YFZ has that the new honda will not but unlike you I do not PO people on purpose, I just state my opinion. As for Huevos, I dont understand what Yonkers has to do with territory, that dont make no sence to me. And honda 350R you have got to be joking, talking about my children. The only thing spooky is what your face will look like after I light it up like a Christmass tree. I dont own a bong, but I will have to pick one up so I can see how far I can stick it up your ***. And although I own 3 honda quads I have no intrest in being a member with a bunch of ignorant SOB's like you people. So please any normal decent people disregard, but the rest of you people can go screw your mothers you inbred sad pathedic idiots. :devil:

Out_Sider
10-01-2003, 06:18 PM
Whatever people, I can go on about things that the YFZ has that the new honda will not but unlike you I do not PO people on purpose, I just state my opinion. As for Huevos, I dont understand what Yonkers has to do with territory, that dont make no sence to me. And honda 350R you have got to be joking, talking about my children. The only thing spooky is what your face will look like after I light it up like a Christmass tree. I dont own a bong, but I will have to pick one up so I can see how far I can stick it up your ***. And although I own 3 honda quads I have no intrest in being a member with a bunch of ignorant SOB's like you people. So please any normal decent people disregard, but the rest of you people can go screw your mothers you inbred sad pathedic idiots.

o well....he acts like we care or somin...lol:p

dirtriderex
10-01-2003, 08:47 PM
can we say anger management:grr:

TGW_400ex
10-02-2003, 01:10 PM
good work men:p

Bunkerking217
10-02-2003, 10:07 PM
i didnt feel like reading all that crap. Honda is definately not coming out with a 250r again. Service honda took a cr250 motor and made it fit in a 400ex frame and they are selling for around $7000 i beleive. honda is not producing anymore 2-stroke 4wheelers and is cuttin down on the dirtbikes. in 2006 all production of 2-strokes wil stop, so why would they come out with a new bike for 2 years?

bigfoot300ex
10-07-2003, 02:41 PM
man wolf you are a funny guy
you say all of this bad stuff about the trx450r but in your first post you claim that you hardly know anything about it

then you say that honda is coming out with a new 250r
i hate to tell you but it sounds like you dont really know anything about what you are talking about

and i am so sorry that your $13,000 400ex isnt good enough for you

and yes you are a little spooky so enjoy your yfz and stop saying stuff you dont even have a clue about

bigfoot300ex
10-07-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Wolf 66

and then you say that 350 lbs is heavy , are you crazyi would love for my bike to be 350 lbs and it still wouldnt be if it was kickstart and just so you know honda has a trx650r in the works and whgo cares about the raptor i know a guy with an 03 with more money in repairs than the retail and he doesnt even ride hard
so i am just going to stick with honda with has always proven to have nice bikes and always more reliable than any other brand

TGW_400ex
10-07-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by bigfoot300ex
and then you say that 350 lbs is heavy , are you crazyi would love for my bike to be 350 lbs and it still wouldnt be if it was kickstart and just so you know honda has a trx650r in the works and whgo cares about the raptor i know a guy with an 03 with more money in repairs than the retail and he doesnt even ride hard
so i am just going to stick with honda with has always proven to have nice bikes and always more reliable than any other brand

TRX650R? proof please:D

bigfoot300ex
10-07-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
TRX650R? proof please:D

it was in this months dirtwheels and it said that honda was almost completely sure that they would produce a quad with a xr650 or a new 600/650 motor to compete with the yamaha raptor in late 2004 or early 2005
i am not for sure but that is what i read

TGW_400ex
10-08-2003, 04:24 AM
it was in this months dirtwheels and it said that honda was almost completely sure that they would produce a quad with a xr650 or a new 600/650 motor to compete with the yamaha raptor in late 2004 or early 2005
i am not for sure but that is what i read

do you know what page?

bigfoot300ex
10-08-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
do you know what page?

i left the magazine in my locker at school but it is in the first 20 pages and beside the article is a picture of dirtwheels 600ex that they built

Pro400EXC
10-09-2003, 06:21 AM
Hey Wolf66,hows your transmission and swingarm holding up?

Yes Yes I know the 400ex had swing-arms break,but not on the 1st yr aout...

seems tome guys everyone but honda always has problems on there 1st yr quads....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....?

seatec
10-09-2003, 06:42 AM
honda never has problems first year round?? dude, where do you live? man, the ignorance (from both camps) by SOME of you is staggering. This blind faith in ones brand. It seems that a lot of you guys need serious validation for the brand you stick too. Me? I just try to buy the best of the best. If that means buy a honda CRF450 then so be it, and if it means buying a yfz450 then so be it. I am amazed how people doggedly keep saying that their brand is much better than any other brand. Wake up call guys and gals, every brand has their problems first second and third year. there is always always room for improvement. Yes, i am dissapointed that the YFZ has some shifting problems but hey, i hope yamaha will honor they 6 months warranty and have it fixed. The CRF450 had a bad air boot seals first year around. not what i want to hear from a $6500 bike. 2e year they changed the rake on me. wow that didnt come out during their "extensive testing that the rake wasnt adequate? see, the point is, its all good. It's the dawn of a whole new era for quads and bikes. Let's just have some fun and refrain from comments like YFZ is DEFINATELY a better quad then TRX450(helooo we havent even done a comparison yet) and saying things like, " you'll be seeing my STOCK TRX450 blast by your modded YFZ. all the comments are baseless and accomplish nothing but animosity. Can't we just get along:D

sorry for the rant but it's so stupid to be bickering back and forth knowing that we all have friends with different brand quads and bikes. do we talk like this to them except friendly banter?

Pro400EXC
10-09-2003, 09:48 AM
Ok, I might have been wrong aboiut not having problems 1st yr around...but thats w/ the dirtbikes,i am sry you seem to have forgotten we are talking about quads....

Now, when the 400ex came out,did the tranny go?did the swing-arm crack (yes they did,but thats yrs later)

Ok howabout when anything else honda comes out,like the Rincon,250ex,300ex,blah blah,did they ahve major problems?

All I am trying to say is i think honda test's there stuff longer,and doesn't try to rush stuff out on the market....

I also hear the crf quad has been around since 1995,and honda has been testing it( no not the same one you see in pics,but basically the same thing)

I am not trying to flame other brands,i am just saying Hondas QUAD fdepartment has had better luck 1st yr round...

TGW_400ex
10-09-2003, 07:26 PM
i left the magazine in my locker at school but it is in the first 20 pages and beside the article is a picture of dirtwheels 600ex that they built ur right page 10 bottom left hand corner!

TGW_400ex
10-09-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Pro400EXC
Ok, I might have been wrong aboiut not having problems 1st yr around...but thats w/ the dirtbikes,i am sry you seem to have forgotten we are talking about quads....

Now, when the 400ex came out,did the tranny go?did the swing-arm crack (yes they did,but thats yrs later)

Ok howabout when anything else honda comes out,like the Rincon,250ex,300ex,blah blah,did they ahve major problems?

All I am trying to say is i think honda test's there stuff longer,and doesn't try to rush stuff out on the market....

I also hear the crf quad has been around since 1995,and honda has been testing it( no not the same one you see in pics,but basically the same thing)

I am not trying to flame other brands,i am just saying Hondas QUAD fdepartment has had better luck 1st yr round...

Have to agree with him Honda products do seem to out last yamaha products:D