PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Noises!!!!

EXrider03
09-11-2003, 07:16 PM
I have a 2003 400ex. For starts, the valves tick like crazy, very annoying. Then move to the steering column and its starting to get a little stiff and make a grinding sound. Ive seen this done with other quads and its starting to happen to mine. Moveing down to the suspension, it sounds like my bed with a good night with the girlfriend:eek:..My question is how the heck do I make all this stop? You can barely hear my exhaust running with all the squeeking! Any syggetions?

Pappy
09-11-2003, 07:20 PM
much like your girlfriend...there are spots on the quad that need lube applied...

try lubing the a arm bushings and replacing if necassary. the stem bushing can be lubed and a washer placed inbetween the 2 brackets that will allow easier steering. the valves could be properly adjusted ......

sounds like you need a manual and a toolbox....if your girlfriend is home ill be right over with my lube:blah:

EXrider03
09-11-2003, 07:43 PM
I lube it all the time, but it doesnt help. Tell me what kind of lube and exactly where to lube at because I dont know exactly where the squeeks are from.
I also need to know how to fix those valves, and why would they already be ticking when its so new?

As for my girlfriend....Well if you help me fix my quad you can lube her a little...lmao jk

ewalker302
09-11-2003, 10:28 PM
Here is what you need to do to your valves.

http://www.exriders.com/techarticles/valves.html

What are you lubing your bushings & stem with?

If it's wd 40 or some other kind of penetrating oil,
then thats your problem.

Try lubing with silicone spray lube in the steering stem. If this dosent help you need to dissasemble it and grease it good before you ruin it.

Try using some grease (any kind that says water resistant on the tube) & lube your bushings with that. Should solve your problems.

:bandit: